Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.9

267 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Not bad. First round was on campus and that was the most challenging round. A mix of technical questions and behavioral. The second round was just getting to know members of the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you recently read about the economy?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and several weeks later, I received an email from HR and the Hiring Manager for phone interviews. HR will ask 3 behavioral questions, why the program, and if you have any prior examples of analysis abilities. Questions you're asked will differ from what you see on this site, but may see 1 or 2 of them.

Interview Questions

• 1) Time when the scope of a project changed halfway what you did as a result

2) Time you made a minor error on an assignment and what you did to correct it

3) Time you missed a deadline and why.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2017.

Interview

My experience interviewing with Wells Fargo was extremely disappointing. I applied online in July and received an email in September informing me that I had been selected for a first round phone interview. The interview went really well and the manager that interviewed me said that I would be moving on to the next round. He said that someone from HR would be reaching out to me during the next week to schedule the next round of interviews. Two weeks later I received an email saying that I was selected for a final round interview and that a member of the recruiting team would be getting in touch with me soon. Two more weeks went by and I received an automated rejection email. I emailed the HR rep and she said I was still being considered for the position. When I asked when the final round interview would be, I was told that no updates would be available for at least another week.

Their recruiting process is clearly not organized well and takes far too much time to complete. It's just unreasonable to be keep candidates waiting 4 months between the time they applied and the final round interview. This is a great way to lose qualified candidates, especially when recruiting for finance positions happens so early in the fall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview which was a 30-minute 2-on-1 interview which was half behavioral and half technical. I was later invited to a Superday in the office I was applying for, which was a series of four 30 minute interviews and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial statements. Which is most important?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Back-to-back interviews with members of office with different levels of seniority. One at analyst level, one at relationship manager/portfolio manager level, one with Loan Team Lead (office level approver), and one at SVP level.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2017.

Interview

Applied Online during the summer and had a phone interview with the vice president from Commercial Real Estate division. It was for the Junior Diversity Forum. Had 5 interview with each businesses.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe three financial statements to a person with no finance background?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2017.

Interview

Took about a week for a recruiter to contact me via email to set up a phone interview. The interview was short and pretty straight forward, recruiter basically explained the program and then asked 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to stop midway through a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you didn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake(s) in your work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I received a phone interview two days after I went through the online application. She asked my visa status, and then reject me because they do not sponsor any type of visa.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Submitted my resume online. Got first round. Easy questions. I believe I did not get invited to a Superday because I lacked prior finance experience. Pretty personable interviewer though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Had a pre-interview reception the night before. Interview was mostly just fit questions. Walk me through your resume, etc. They were really bad about getting back to me about decisions. They actually haven't yet, I only know because I have a friend there.