Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a commercial banking office. 20 min phone call asking about prior internships and experiences. Make sure to have a few stories on hand. They are mainly looking for fit and didn't seem to care too much about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Without looking at any financial statements, what information would you want/need to decide whether or not to give a loan to a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with the recruiter. Had a phone interview with two managers , which was convenient. The interview lasted about 1hr and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q. What did you handle a deadline
      Q. Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision
      Questions are based around what you have done in the past facing various situations
      1 Answer

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied January. I think the phone interview happened late February.
    Reached out after the interview and she said I did very well and I should hear within the next two weeks. Didn't hear anything for three weeks so I reached out again but was directed towards someone else, who then also said I had great notes and should wait to hear within another two weeks. Three weeks went by again with no word, so I emailed to check in - no response. Another three weeks with no response - checked in again. Never heard back. Very SLOW process. Terrible communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial sheets. Other than financial forms, what should you look at before giving a loan. Talk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail about two weeks after applying online to set up a first round interview. Was contacted by phone by a woman who asked me to run through my resume, a few questions on my experiences and then a technical question. I was told I would hear back from them in 1-2 weeks, about 2 weeks afterwards I received an e-mail asking me to fill out department/location preferences. Didn't hear anything for a while so I followed up via e-mail with my original interviewer which was never returned, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three different financial statements to someone who doesn't have a finance or accounting background.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2017.

Interview

Standard phone screen, then the head of the office called to answer any questions I had about the office. Wells Fargo flew me out in early January to interview for the Financial Analyst position. Though the interview itself was pleasant and quite standard, I had a huge difficulty with HR booking my hotel and my refund. They actually ended up charging me for the hotel, which is ridiculous. Honestly, I wish I hadn't even accepted the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Really long process for full-time position. Had 7+ phone calls, standard technical questions and why this group, why banking, really have your story down. Super day in New York, about 5 more interviews with 10 other people. In the end they wanted someone with previous banking experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

On campus interview - what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? The interviewer was kind, but tried to be intimidating. Just know what the role is and know basic accounting questions and you will do fine. Financial analyst role I applied for was pretty much a credit analyst position.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the role entails? Why financial analyst and not investment banking? How are the three financial statements linked?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The had an interview on campus and then had me drive down to LA to do 5 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour writing test. The interview on campus had two finance questions and the rest were background questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Give a definition of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back from Wells Fargo pretty quickly. They scheduled an in-person interview at my University. I met with two interviewers the day of the interview. The interview only lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three financial statements. (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 super day interview in person (including individual interviews and panel interviews); Mostly behavioral questions on leadership experiences and tie management . easy technical questions with 1 or 2 made to have you think a little harder

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of debt and equity and which one is more expensive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something that happened in the news and how this affected the financial markets   Answer Question