Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017
5,049 Interview Reviews

2.8

Strategic Planning Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

WF is pretty predictable. First, they use a recruiter to screen out candidates so only the best are presented. Made it through that step pretty easy, but it was clear the recruiter didn't have a lot of details about the position. The next set of interviews were with the hiring manager and two other managers. These were in person so that was really good. I was warned that WF uses behavioral interview questions and to be prepared with good examples. One of my friends that works at WF told me a couple things that made this stage of the interview process easier. First she said, listen to each question and determine what behavior they are looking for. Like attention to detail, integrity, teamwork, problem solving, building collaborative teams, developing strategy, etc. Based on your response, WF then scores your answer on a 5 point scale. My friend said they also don't check out your examples and that everyone embellishes their examples and she said to get past this stage of the interview, to make sure my examples specifically illustrate the behavior. I must have done a good job because the hiring manager was very impressed and said they would definitely offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you researched an organization or industry and then applied your learnings to a strategic initiative;
      Tell me about a conflict you resolved that required buy in from senior management
      Describe a time when you had to rely on someone else in your network to complete your work
      What interests you in this job?
      Answer Question

I asked the hiring manager for references on him as a leader. He declined to provide any and I researched people that knew him, and the reviews where pretty bad. Would highly recommend anyone ask for references before accepting a job at WF given some of the scandals.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Panel interview set of select questions... Must be able to sell anything and everything... Sell yourself and add customer service to it. Answers don't need to be bank related can be about school or volunteer work

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   Answer Question
    • It's now the middle of the month and you have not reached your sales quota you're well behind goal what would you do   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They use the STAR format. For those that are not familiar with this process they ask a question and you have to answer using the format as follows: what the Situation or Task, the Action you chose to solve the problem and what the Resolution was. It's fairly simple and I feel that most people speak like this without thinking of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. The following day i received a call offering a second interview with manager. Manager interview took about 15 minutes. I was offered to attend the next training which was 2 weeks from the manager's interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to do something to resolve an issue? What did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview questions were easy, asked data structure questions, Sql questions and some behavioral questions. It was overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why can there be only one clustered index in the table ?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Billings, MT).

Interview

I took a test online and was then called in for an interview. The interview was professional but friendly and informal. The woman interviewing me asked me the typical questions. I prepared by studying the company's motto and values along with customer service techniques. She was looking for someone who would be able to handle quick and sometimes high stress calls from bankers and someone who would fit in well with a team. I was called a couple days after and officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer was very irate with you?   Answer Question

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Normal review. Nothing crazy. Great interaction. Did really well. No crazy questions at all. All sales, customer service related. No roll playing situations. I was already licensed fso I did not have to do anything other than a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went out of your way for a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with a one-hour writing exam that was a case study. And then a rotation of four interviews either one on one or panel type. The questions were mostly behavior based with some technical (accounting) questions. The questions are a regurgitation of what is already posted on this site. Really go over the basics of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your deadline was significantly moved up.   Answer Question
    • If accounts receivable goes up how does this affect cash flow?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a total of 3 interviews. The first was with a recruiter over the phone, the second was over the phone with hiring manager and another consultant, the third interview was a face to face with hiring manager, someone in the same role and an individual from the line of business. All questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you; disagree with the direction of a project, had to work closely with a difficult personality, had manage multiple high-level project with competing demands, etc etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received call from Hiring Manager with a job offer, the next day the recruiter called and we held salary negotiations and start date decision.

Operations Legal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview and then a few days later I was emailed about a face to face interview. The face to face was based on the "STAR" interview process. I was asked to tell them a little about myself and my experience which was followed by 6 behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your coworkers had conflicting opinions on how to solve a problem. What was the problem and how did you go about solving it.   1 Answer