Wells Fargo Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1,293 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Premier Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview very thorough many detailed questions took about 45 minutes to complete the process probably about 20 questions that required detailed answers felt pressure to think quickly on my feet and deliver a quality answer

Interview Questions

• tell her about a time you partnered with someone at your firm and what were the results   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Wells Fargo Career website. After that day, I got an e-mail about web-screening test. After you finished it, you chose interview date. The first interview is a phone call. The second interview is a face-to-face interview with branch manager.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seneca, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

They use the STAR method. You are asked to describe a situation and the outcome. They are looking for how you handled the situation that you are given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about 4 days later got the email to schedule the phone interview for next week. It was 20 mins window for the interview (11.00-11.20). Interviewer called at 11.17AM only asked 3 questions and said will get back within 3 business days... Never heard back.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with generic banking questions. Next an email asking dates and times that would be good for a F2F interview at a different location than the one for which I applied. After choosing the date and time, the branch manager from the branch in which I had applied called me to introduce herself and let me know that she was going to send me an email with more details regarding the interview. The email explained what to expect and how to prepare. Went to the F2F interview and met with the branch manager who had called me and another branch manager. The questions were, once again, very generic. Basic knowledge of sales is required along with some questions around ethics. One of the managers was warm and friendly and the other appeared to be distracted because of a situation that was going on in the branch while I was interviewing. At the end of the interview, the friendly manger gave me her card and encouraged me to call with questions. The other manager gave me the "kiss of death" at the end by saying "We still have more candidates that we are going to interview. This was on a Tuesday. By Friday afternoon I was send a generic email from AR letting me know that I was not selected. It was a very sterile and cold environment and I have a feeling that I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you has to coach a colleague?   Answer Question
    • At your last job were you ever in a situation where you witnessed unethical behavior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Lubbock, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

after applying and completing a survey, you will get an email prompting you to sign up for a group interview. After the group interview, a second interview will be scheduled, this one is more in depth and one-on-one with a team lead. With-in two weeks, they will either call you to extend an offer, or e-mail you to let you know they went another direction.

If you accept an offer, they will put you in a 4 week training course, then a 2-week on-the job training before starting your normal shifts.

Before starting training you will be required to consent to fingerprinting, and background check. The bank is not allowed to hire those with a criminal background,

Interview Questions

• give an example of a policy change, and how you accommodated this change.   Answer Question
    • give an example of a time when someone was angry with you and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (El Monte, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Relatively simple interview, nice recruiter, made me feel at ease. My case was a little different, I went through 3 interviews. First was a group interview, then a one on one, and lastly a language test which consisted of a speaking and reading portion which technically makes it a 4 part interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Wells Fargo web site online. They contacted me by email and stated I made it to the next level of phone interview. They emailed me beforehand to alert me to a phone interview in the upcoming days, they stated what date and time they would be contacting me. Also stated I needed to dress professionally for the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   1 Answer
    • What hours were I willing to work and that it's not usually 40, more like 36-38.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about math and customer service. It was fairly simple even a pigeon could ace the interview. I spoke with one of the branch managers.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process is REALLY easy. Its a group interview to start. STILL treat it as if its one on one. Follow directions and direct answers to her. After that I recieved an email to come in the next day for a 1 on 1 pretty badic call center interview questions and the next day I was getting an offer