Wells Fargo Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1,210 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two branch managers, who both toke turn in asking me questions. Note to self: focus heavily on costumer service when doing the interview, because that's what they are focusing on now enhancing costumer experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds in the interview process. First a phone screen with a VP and an Associate. Then I was offered a Superday and there I had 8 interviews (30 minutes each).

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about the BREXIT, FOMC, and BOJ.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and was contacted through e-mail to schedule an interview time. This was for the group interview which had 9 other people in it. We sat in a big circle in a huge conference room with our recruiter and a service manager from another store who was just observing. She asked us all to introduce ourselves and give a summary of our work experience. She then asked us only two questions, which every single person had to stand up and answer (will list these below). I was then contacted by the recruiter saying the service manager who was observing really liked me and wanted me to come work for her store. So I then moved on to interview with her and the store manager. Each had a packet of questions, one question each page, around 7-8 questions (will list these). A couple days later, I have schedule a phone interview with the district manager (SO MANY OMG). That will be in a couple days!

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW: Introduce yourself and summarize your work history.   Answer Question
    • GROUP INTERVIEW: Name a time when a customer demonstrated a need and you fulfilled that need.   Answer Question
    • GROUP INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo and why as a teller?   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to hold yourself accountable for something.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to make a really tough decision.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle. What steps did you take to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

There was a phone interview that was followed by an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a behavioral type interview. The interview was supposed to be with the store manager and then the district, but they chose to do the interview together in a panel format.

Interview Questions

• After seeing many qualified candidates, what makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Quite detailed and rigorous. 1 Phone interview and 1 panel interview and 1 1:1 interview. The phone interview was very serious and asked several questions about my ability to handle situations with customers and meeting goals. I was asked how I reacted to not meeting my goals and how I handled customers. I responded that I was disappointed in myself and came back more determined with a better plan. The customer question I responded that I listened carefully to what the customer had to say before responding with a solution. Making the customer feel heard brings down walls and offers a path to resolution.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever not meet my goals and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Okay, so...the interview process was relatively easy. We all started off as a small group interview with the recruiter, and once it was complete, we waited on department managers to come and take us for a one-on-one interview. Recommended attire, business casual, because it is a laid back office setting.

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for this position moved extremely quick. I applied online through wellsfargo.com/careers on Saturday and by Monday I received an email asking me to select a time for a group interview. The interview was set for that following Monday. My group interview session had 6 people including myself. The recruiter starts of explaining the details of the position, pay rate, hours, WF benefits etc. The recruiter then asks each candidate to give a brief introduction and she asks each person to answer the same three questions (which I will list below). The questions are extremely basic customer service questions, the key is to follow her directions. Each question and what she wants you to explain will be on the board for you so make sure you answer it completely but do not take to long. The interview is subjected to a time limit and each candidate has to answer so keep your answer under 1min or the recruiter will cut you off and get annoyed. A few hours after the interview I was emailed by the recruiter to set up an interview with a hiring manager. This interview was one on one and I was only asked about my work history and work ethic. The following day I was sent an offer of employment. The process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Would you consider your computer skills novice, intermediate, or advanced? Why? How often do you use a computer? What do you search on search engines?   Answer Question
    • 2. Name a sales goal you've met at your job that you are proud of. What was the situation? What did you do? How was your progress measured? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • 3. Name a time you went above and beyond a customers expectations or a time your dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The base pay is 13.19 with and extra $2 for shift differential every hour you work past 4pm.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First is a phone interview with verification questions like "how long have you worked at .....?" and "what relevant experience do you have?" and other similar questions. Second step is an in person interview with scenario and examples type questions like "what would you do if ....?" or "tell me of a time when you ..... and how did you manage?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you were asked to do something you did not agree with and how did you proceed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Formal interview with branch manager and the regional manager. Was asked questions by both interview participants about work history, past work experiences, and how I handled certain situations in my work past. Asked good questions that made sense in regards to what the functions of the job are.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you and a manager had a difference of opinions and how you and them handled it.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The online application was followed by an email notifying me that I had been selected for a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview with my Recruiter was pleasant and light-hearted -- it seemed like she was just trying to verify some of my application information and learn more about me on a personal level. She arranged an in-person interview with the Branch Manager of the location to which I was applying.

The interview with the Branch Manager lasted about 45 minutes and was much more in-depth than the phone interview -- overall a great experience. I understand that it can vary in intensity depending on the type of manager that you interview with.

The final interview was arranged with the District Manager, which is meant to simply OK the Branch Manager's decision. In other words, if you get an interview with the District Manager, it's because the Branch Manager has selected you for the job.

I received a call from the Recruiter with a job offer, and a subsequent email formalizing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to resolve the complaint of an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Why Wells Fargo? Why banking?   Answer Question