Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

243 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Program- Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career center.
    Was asked basic behavioral questions plus some accounting and real estate analysis questions. Was asked to describe the financial statements and to identify factors that are important to analyze when considering a commercial property.
    Interview took about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe each of the financial statements to me as if I was a child   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The had an interview on campus and then had me drive down to LA to do 5 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour writing test. The interview on campus had two finance questions and the rest were background questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Give a definition of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back from Wells Fargo pretty quickly. They scheduled an in-person interview at my University. I met with two interviewers the day of the interview. The interview only lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three financial statements. (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online as well as had an employee referral. The process from HR pre-screen interview to offer was 3.5 weeks. They had me do a case study and offered me the position via phone call once completed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      What attracts you to this position?
      Describe a time when you were stressed and how you worked through the situation?
      What are ways that a publicly held company raise funds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall quick and efficient, with direct access to HR professionals. I first had an on-campus interview, then a phone interview with a separate division, and finally a full day of interviews in North Carolina. Heard of a decision within 7 business days.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you would expect to see on a balance sheet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty good experience! First interview was completely behavioral and it was over the phone, around 30 minutes long --standard. The second also had a good amount of behavioral but did contain a couple of technical questions. The in-person interview had two people asking questions, and the interviews were quick and to the point. Heavy focus on why Wells Fargo and why this particular line of business

Interview Questions

• Aside from looking at the three financial statements, how would you evaluate whether or not to make a loan to a pizza shop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

-The Written application was 1 day only (basic)
    -Phone interview (45 minutes) (Resume, Behavioral, Technical)
    -Super day (5 30 minute interviews & 1 written assessment) Written assessment is judged on ability and content

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. Last interview resulted in a superday in their NYC office among 4 of their current employees. The interview was a lot of fit as well as methodically breaking down my resume. Decently generic technical questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how " " from your resume brought you where you are today?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. Was contacted by HR 2 months later, but only after I inquired about the process (it seemed like HR forgot they put this job offer out) and then had phone interviews with two managers.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Pretty much the other questions listed here. They have a very standardized process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview. The questions were straight from HR and pretty straight forward. Interviewer would ask the questions and then write down my response. Questions were standard to financial interviews. They were not looking for long answers as this was just the preliminary screening interview. I received an email about 8 weeks later that I had made it to the second round. This entailed another 1 on 1 interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• What are the three major financial statements? How do they connect to each other?   Answer Question

Was not willing to relocate