Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,676 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview started off very tense! However the recruiter was very welcoming and friendly. She explained that everyone in the group interview were all competing for the same slot- mind you there were 8 other people (3 didn't show up.)

She showed as a presentation on the culture, vision, overview of job etc.

Then she went around and asked each person to answer the question in the order that they had raised their hands to answer. I encourage you not to be last nor constantly first.

DRESS TO IMPRESS

Interview Questions

• What is your name (introduce yourself) and briefly state your customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • What is one time what you had to convice your customer to buy a specific product or service, how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • What is your cash handling experience, please explain.   Answer Question
    • What are your computer capabilities and what programs are you familiar with whether it be through past jobs/schooling/ hobbies.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

3 hours of interviews from the top level to junior level. Had a lunch interview also with two junior people. Asked about various behavioral questions along with various technical questions. Also asked about my past deal experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not use the P/E Ratio with EV?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

First, you need to apply in the Wells Fargo website. Second, they send a link for a third part screening. If you have a good result, they send an email with a job interview schedule. The interview is in a group of 10 applicants, a friendly environment like a conversation.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bakersfield, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 min. General questions about past job experience. Two weeks later was offered a face to face interview. Face to face interview was more about your experiences/ situations and solutions/outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied for it online, was unable to do an in-person interview as I was studying abroad. They let me do a phone-interview instead. Basic behavioral questions and some questions about valuation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

3 phone interviews after an employee referral and then a superday with 4 interviews including 2 VPs. Overall more behavioral and less technical with an emphasis on understanding the business.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was an on-campus interview. Once you get into the room, it is one person who will conduct the interview. During the interview, the interviewer asks two behavioral questions and then one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      What is the difference between a balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows?   Answer Question

CONSUMER LENDING Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, had some follow up applications about location preference, then short interview over the phone (only behavioral), then 2 person interview over the phone (mostly behavioral, couple technical). Questions were mostly STAR format, looking to see how you overcame obstacles.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to take on a leadership role when it was not required.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I Applied Online On November 23 and Completed Online Assessmen . On November 24 I Recieved A Email Asking Me To Set Up My Phone Interview . During The Phone Interview ,The Recruiter Just Went Over My Resuming Letting Me Know I Qualify For The Postion . Then After That She Discussed The Postion Far As When It Started And The Pay . After That She Set Me Up For A In Person Interview With 2 Hiring Managers . One Manager Will Be Directly In Front Of You , The Other Will Be On Yhe Phone Listening Taking Notes .During The Interview , The First Step They Ask You To Walk Them Through Your Resume . Far As Job Description and Why You Left , Then After You walk Them Through Your Resume They Then Begin To Ask You 6 Behavior Based Questions . After Than Then They Ask Do You Have Any Questions For Them . Be Sure To Ask Them Questions To Show How Intrested You Are !

Interview Questions

• Name A Time When You Overcame A Difficult Change In A Policy ,& How Did You Over Come It   Answer Question
    • Name A Time Where You and A Coworker Had A Disagreement & How Did You Handle It   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

It was a gauntlet interview with the local district managers and managers. A lot of the managers I already knew and because I was an internal hire, as long as my past sales numbers were adequate they let me pass.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about sales experience. Since I was internal they reviewed my past sales numbers.   Answer Question