Wells Fargo Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,258 Interview Reviews

2.7

1,258 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and was contacted through e-mail to schedule an interview time. This was for the group interview which had 9 other people in it. We sat in a big circle in a huge conference room with our recruiter and a service manager from another store who was just observing. She asked us all to introduce ourselves and give a summary of our work experience. She then asked us only two questions, which every single person had to stand up and answer (will list these below). I was then contacted by the recruiter saying the service manager who was observing really liked me and wanted me to come work for her store. So I then moved on to interview with her and the store manager. Each had a packet of questions, one question each page, around 7-8 questions (will list these). A couple days later, I have schedule a phone interview with the district manager (SO MANY OMG). That will be in a couple days!

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW: Introduce yourself and summarize your work history.   Answer Question
    • GROUP INTERVIEW: Name a time when a customer demonstrated a need and you fulfilled that need.   Answer Question
    • GROUP INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo and why as a teller?   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to hold yourself accountable for something.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to make a really tough decision.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    • STORE MANAGER INTERVIEW: Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle. What steps did you take to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Newark, NJ).

Interview

After completing the online application, I had to take a basic screening questionnaire. Around 150 questions, very basic questions, right after I picked a date for a phone interview. The phone interview included past experience questions and the recruiter explaining the position. Then got a call a week later about an in person interview with branch manager and service manager. Behavioral interview, regarding past experience in sales and situations.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell a time you were asked to do something unethical, how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a very generous offer, so no negotiation needed

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

I already work for the company in the backshop, but first I had a phone interview with the recruiter lasted about 15 minutes ...a week later I had my face to face with two branch managers and the district manager . I left the interview feeling very confident . The next day I got a call from the recruiter telling me my interview went really well and to be patient . I finally got a call maybe 3 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with an upset customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, one on the phone and a week later another in person. The first one was really short and easy in the second one I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer if mad?   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Quite detailed and rigorous. 1 Phone interview and 1 panel interview and 1 1:1 interview. The phone interview was very serious and asked several questions about my ability to handle situations with customers and meeting goals. I was asked how I reacted to not meeting my goals and how I handled customers. I responded that I was disappointed in myself and came back more determined with a better plan. The customer question I responded that I listened carefully to what the customer had to say before responding with a solution. Making the customer feel heard brings down walls and offers a path to resolution.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever not meet my goals and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

There was a phone interview that was followed by an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a behavioral type interview. The interview was supposed to be with the store manager and then the district, but they chose to do the interview together in a panel format.

Interview Questions

• After seeing many qualified candidates, what makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was average and straight forward. The HR Recruiter wasn't that warm during the process. The interviewer missed the first interview scheduled call and didn't email me until later in the day to reschedule for the next week which happened to be on a Monday. Personally, I feel any interviews at the beginning of the week work against you because most people are dreading the start of the work week. Just my opinion. I feel if the interview had taken place as scheduled, the connection would have been a little better and perhaps the screening would have gone better. I was well prepared for this and surprised I didn't get interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience. Describe for me your sales experience and your prior banking experience.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two branch managers, who both toke turn in asking me questions. Note to self: focus heavily on costumer service when doing the interview, because that's what they are focusing on now enhancing costumer experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds in the interview process. First a phone screen with a VP and an Associate. Then I was offered a Superday and there I had 8 interviews (30 minutes each).

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about the BREXIT, FOMC, and BOJ.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oxnard, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First you start off by applying online, finish the process, and then complete a brief questionnaire depending on that you'll be asked to select when you'll like to go in for a group interview. After the group interview you'll move on to the interview at the branches you applied too. If the branch likes you, you'll go on and have an interview with the DM and that's the last phase of the interview process.