Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone screening with several technical questions about valuation and cultural fit. The questions consisted of scenario driven frameworks which were linked with how to approaching problems. This was complimented with several knowledge based questions about general Finance.

Interview Questions

• What are the three primary methods of determining a company’s value?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview which was exclusively only behavioral questions. SuperDay was three weeks later, which consisted of networking sessions and two back-to-back interviews. They definitely do good cop/bad cop in the interviews so be prepared to engage with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the 4 valuation methods and which is your least favorite? Why Wells Fargo? How are financial statements connected? Walk me through how this particular transaction effects the cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one phone interview that was all behavioral and then accepted to a superday, where I had two 30 minute interviews, each with two employees and these were much more technical. Wells Fargo does platform offers, so after being accepted you still will not be placed in a location or practice. Overall people were very friendly and I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had to bring your boss up to speed on a company and all you had were the 10K and 10Q what information would you include?   Answer Question
    • Explain how the three financial statements are linked and how debt would flow through the statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds in the interview process. First a phone screen with a VP and an Associate. Then I was offered a Superday and there I had 8 interviews (30 minutes each).

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about the BREXIT, FOMC, and BOJ.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Attended Women on Wall Street Summit as a sophomore. Because of this I automatically had a phone interview (basic why Wells Fargo, accounting statements connect), then much more technical super day of 4 20 minute interviews (had classic banker in the middle to stump you)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through website. Had first round interview that was very technical. A week and a half later, I was informed I had a Superday Interview. The Superday was 3 weeks after I was notified. You find out within one business day of the superday whether or not you have an offer. All superday interviews are in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Interview Questions

• How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • Which debt instrument will have the highest interest rate? (they provide the instruments for you to rank)   Answer Question
    • What was the margin of error allowed on the work you did in your past internship?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed On Campus. It was an interview with two people, they asked pretty standard technical questions and some behavioral questions. They seemed to emphasize the "why Wells" part pretty strongly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Was flown down for a two day interview. The first day all the candidates ate dinner at a fancy restaurant with all of the bankers. The next day was an eight-round interview that was pretty rigorous.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Anally networked with a ton of bankers at the firm and won their hearts to get a superday. And at superday won everyone's heart to get the summer internship offer. Wells based on all the interviews I have had has an extremely dynamic assessment process. Instead of meeting 2-4 people, you go to 8 booths at a hotel in Charlotte, NC where you get asked all fit and technical question.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for me based on the numbers I will tell. Here is the pen and paper   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, applied through school and then received an on-campus interview. If they liked you enough you would be called back and later that day I had a final interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a company's future earnings?   Answer Question