Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one phone interview that was all behavioral and then accepted to a superday, where I had two 30 minute interviews, each with two employees and these were much more technical. Wells Fargo does platform offers, so after being accepted you still will not be placed in a location or practice. Overall people were very friendly and I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had to bring your boss up to speed on a company and all you had were the 10K and 10Q what information would you include?   Answer Question
  • Explain how the three financial statements are linked and how debt would flow through the statements.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone screening with several technical questions about valuation and cultural fit. The questions consisted of scenario driven frameworks which were linked with how to approaching problems. This was complimented with several knowledge based questions about general Finance.

Interview Questions

• What are the three primary methods of determining a company’s value?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 5 30-minute interviews with associates, VP's, and MD's. Not very technical, mostly behavioral and fit questions. Overall it was a great experience and I enjoyed all of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you led a group and faced a challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First had a phone call with two bankers in July, heard back I got the superday 1.5 weeks later, flew out 1.5 weeks after that. Superday was 2 interviews with 2 interviewees in each booth. Seemed kind of intense at first, but the people were incredibly nice and forgiving if you didn't know a technical question

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Basics on three financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer didn't ask any questions about my CV and refrained from even showing interest about my past. The questions were primarily technical based with some competency. Being denied after the first interview, the process only took around 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Two Rounds, offers went out with-in a few days. Overall pretty easy and well done. More behavioral than technical, technicals were basic DCF/firm valuation questions. Two people were interviewing at once.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied through campus career center. Both first round and superday on campus on the same day. 30 minute interview with two employees, one was an associate another was an MD. Asked mostly behaviorals about teamwork and time management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. 2 rounds, first was very easy, behavioral questions with very basic technical questions. 2nd round was more challenging, with more technical questions. They probed to see how you responded when you didn't know an answer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online first. One the analysts reached out to me, and we had a phone conversation. I had a phone interview with few other employees, and finally got invited to a super-day. The super-day lasted around 3 hours where i one on one interview with several analysts / associates.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview (phone) they will ask you to walk them through your resume, largely behavioral.
    Second Interview (superday) they will ask you why investment banking, a few personality/fit questions, and then technical.