Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds in the interview process. First a phone screen with a VP and an Associate. Then I was offered a Superday and there I had 8 interviews (30 minutes each).

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about the BREXIT, FOMC, and BOJ.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Attended Women on Wall Street Summit as a sophomore. Because of this I automatically had a phone interview (basic why Wells Fargo, accounting statements connect), then much more technical super day of 4 20 minute interviews (had classic banker in the middle to stump you)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through website. Had first round interview that was very technical. A week and a half later, I was informed I had a Superday Interview. The Superday was 3 weeks after I was notified. You find out within one business day of the superday whether or not you have an offer. All superday interviews are in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Interview Questions

• How are the three financial statements related?   Answer Question
    • Which debt instrument will have the highest interest rate? (they provide the instruments for you to rank)   Answer Question
    • What was the margin of error allowed on the work you did in your past internship?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed On Campus. It was an interview with two people, they asked pretty standard technical questions and some behavioral questions. They seemed to emphasize the "why Wells" part pretty strongly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Was flown down for a two day interview. The first day all the candidates ate dinner at a fancy restaurant with all of the bankers. The next day was an eight-round interview that was pretty rigorous.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Anally networked with a ton of bankers at the firm and won their hearts to get a superday. And at superday won everyone's heart to get the summer internship offer. Wells based on all the interviews I have had has an extremely dynamic assessment process. Instead of meeting 2-4 people, you go to 8 booths at a hotel in Charlotte, NC where you get asked all fit and technical question.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for me based on the numbers I will tell. Here is the pen and paper   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, applied through school and then received an on-campus interview. If they liked you enough you would be called back and later that day I had a final interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a company's future earnings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I go to a non-core school for Wells so interviews came as a result of an alumni referral. First round was a 15 min phone interview with an associate and director in Charlotte. They were very friendly and pretty light on technicals. More focused on leadership and gauging actual interest. Superday was a couple of weeks later in NC and consisted of 7 back-to-back 30 min interviews with individuals from all levels and across many groups. Pretty even breakout of behavioral vs technical. Culture is very important at Wells and was thus certainly a major factor. People were very friendly and encouraging which made it a pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Walk me through a DCF. How do you calculate FCF? Walk me through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had a phone interview in November then they brought me in for a Superday in December. I found out about the superday about 1 week after the phone interview. Smooth process.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was a phone call 2:1. Asked very standard IBD entry level questions (comps, dcf, financial markets, etc. Second round is a superday in their Charlotte office

Interview Questions

• Standard IBD entry level questions (comps, financial markets, etc)   Answer Question