Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Started off applying online, they sent me a email saying I got an interview, went to pre interview dinner, interviewed, then heard back from then with a phone call about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would a company want to do a merger?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was a phone call 2:1. Asked very standard IBD entry level questions (comps, dcf, financial markets, etc. Second round is a superday in their Charlotte office

Interview Questions

• Standard IBD entry level questions (comps, financial markets, etc)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Interview

2 on 1 phone interview screen, basic finance questions. Two-day superday with 6-7 back to back interviews, few hard questions, but nothing impossible. Follow-ups can be difficult, offers come a couple days after. Know DCF's, valuation methods, basic accounting, why wells fargo/why investment banking, pretty much everything you would expect.

Interview Questions

• More stuff about LBO's than i otherwise would have expected.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, applied through school and then received an on-campus interview. If they liked you enough you would be called back and later that day I had a final interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a company's future earnings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had a phone interview in November then they brought me in for a Superday in December. I found out about the superday about 1 week after the phone interview. Smooth process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I go to a non-core school for Wells so interviews came as a result of an alumni referral. First round was a 15 min phone interview with an associate and director in Charlotte. They were very friendly and pretty light on technicals. More focused on leadership and gauging actual interest. Superday was a couple of weeks later in NC and consisted of 7 back-to-back 30 min interviews with individuals from all levels and across many groups. Pretty even breakout of behavioral vs technical. Culture is very important at Wells and was thus certainly a major factor. People were very friendly and encouraging which made it a pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Walk me through a DCF. How do you calculate FCF? Walk me through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people, the first two weren’t too technical and the other 4 asked things like how to value a company etc... got my offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Company A wants to purchase company B what are some things that you would tell company A to look at before purchasing company B   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Anally networked with a ton of bankers at the firm and won their hearts to get a superday. And at superday won everyone's heart to get the summer internship offer. Wells based on all the interviews I have had has an extremely dynamic assessment process. Instead of meeting 2-4 people, you go to 8 booths at a hotel in Charlotte, NC where you get asked all fit and technical question.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for me based on the numbers I will tell. Here is the pen and paper   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

I am a finance major and they called me to set up an interview. It was pretty informal and was a 2:1 interview. It was mainly behavioral and they asked me a few simple questions like how would I value a firm and what kind of models I had had exposure to. Pretty straightforward.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Wells Fargo did not come to my schools campus. I applied on the Wells Fargo website and was selected for a first round phone interview 3 weeks later. The phone interview was a two on one interview with a few standard behaviorals and some basic technicals. I didn't get called back for a superday.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company?   Answer Question
    • If you only had one financial statement to look at the overall health of a company which would you choose? If you had two financial statements to look at which two would you choose?   Answer Question