Wells Fargo Lead Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.7

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (League City, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the lead teller position in League City, TX. Two days later i got an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview went well and I was then told a Branch Manager will contact me for a face to face interview. I received a call two days after my phone interview to set up my face to face interview. The questions asked were general questions about customer services, and different customer scenarios. Overall the interview process took about a week. My interview was today, so I am still waiting to see if i get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Alameda, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application. Received email for a phone interview. Scheduled the interview and no one ever called. Sent them an email and they replied with “We have forwarded your email to the recruiter. Please allow time for the recruiter to contact you in reference to your inquiry.” It’s been 3 months. *crickets*

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South Bend, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was supposed to take place with two people. Each person interviewed is asked the same set of questions. For my particular location they asked if I had intentions of leaving because the turnover rate was very high.

Anonymous Employee in Snow Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Snow Hill, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Behavior Format Interview expected to be answered in "S.T.A.R." format. Advised to bring two copies of Resume for both Branch Manager and Service Manager II. Advised to come professionally dressed as outlined in Wells Fargo dress code policy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Lead Teller?   Answer Question
    • Recall coachable moments where you had to assist other team members regarding their performance.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to assist a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Name professional achievements that you've had.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to have a difficult conversation with a customer or team member.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to ensure the customers satisfaction.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where making an ethical decisions was tough for you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to maintain professionalism in a frustrating situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you overcame an obstacle. What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Applied, took a couple of weeks, then was sent an email to pick a time for a phone interview. On the day and time someone from wells fargo will call you and ask many customer service questions. Then will let you know in a week if you moved on to the next step.

Lead Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Simple, first phone interview then if you pass you move on to interview with SM's. Don't jump to the answer relax really pay attention and then answer. They love the answers to be in 3 format story form. What happened , how did you handle it and what was the outcome

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

i had a phone interview at first for 20mn. then a face to face a week later. it was very structured. the face to face interview lasted about 30mn. almost all the questions are about scenarios encountered with customers.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about a week about to get the interview process done. Phone interview then in person interview with service manager and branch manager. The online application was very easy to understand and use

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They use the STAR format. For those that are not familiar with this process they ask a question and you have to answer using the format as follows: what the Situation or Task, the Action you chose to solve the problem and what the Resolution was. It's fairly simple and I feel that most people speak like this without thinking of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online ,pass a phone interview,then schedule for one on one .
    It's all based on past experiences
    Situation,Action and results.

Plan all scenarios n rehearse in a mirror if you have to to correct all unprofessional mannerisms.
    It's usually 2 people who perform job interviews n they both take turns in asking question n jotting down your answers.
    Remember to shake hands with both interviewers after the fact m thank them for the opportunity

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an irate customer   1 Answer