Wells Fargo Lead Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Snow Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Snow Hill, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Behavior Format Interview expected to be answered in "S.T.A.R." format. Advised to bring two copies of Resume for both Branch Manager and Service Manager II. Advised to come professionally dressed as outlined in Wells Fargo dress code policy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Lead Teller?   Answer Question
  • Recall coachable moments where you had to assist other team members regarding their performance.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to assist a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Name professional achievements that you've had.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to have a difficult conversation with a customer or team member.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you went above and beyond to ensure the customers satisfaction.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where making an ethical decisions was tough for you.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to maintain professionalism in a frustrating situation.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you overcame an obstacle. What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Lead Teller Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Applied, took a couple of weeks, then was sent an email to pick a time for a phone interview. On the day and time someone from wells fargo will call you and ask many customer service questions. Then will let you know in a week if you moved on to the next step.

Lead Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Simple, first phone interview then if you pass you move on to interview with SM's. Don't jump to the answer relax really pay attention and then answer. They love the answers to be in 3 format story form. What happened , how did you handle it and what was the outcome

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

i had a phone interview at first for 20mn. then a face to face a week later. it was very structured. the face to face interview lasted about 30mn. almost all the questions are about scenarios encountered with customers.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They use the STAR format. For those that are not familiar with this process they ask a question and you have to answer using the format as follows: what the Situation or Task, the Action you chose to solve the problem and what the Resolution was. It's fairly simple and I feel that most people speak like this without thinking of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online ,pass a phone interview,then schedule for one on one .
    It's all based on past experiences
    Situation,Action and results.

Plan all scenarios n rehearse in a mirror if you have to to correct all unprofessional mannerisms.
    It's usually 2 people who perform job interviews n they both take turns in asking question n jotting down your answers.
    Remember to shake hands with both interviewers after the fact m thank them for the opportunity

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an irate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview with recruiting. Once you pass the screening stage or initial phone interview then you get scheduled with the branch manager and service manager for a second interview in person. If you get the job then recruiting will reach out to the individual with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you had to remain professional when you were frustrated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Don't be fooled, they are still 100% focused on sales. Your first interview will be with a room full of other applicants fielded from the website. there will most likely be 2 people asking a series of sales related questions.

One of the girls said if your meet the requirements, we will call you by Friday. If not, you will be getting a email. - Neither of these happened and I had to email them 2 weeks later about it and finally got a call from a local branch manager for a 2nd interview.

This 2nd interview was disappointing because once again, it wasn't how you treat customers or your customer service skills, it was 100% sales questions.

Do not be fooled with the latest commercials indicating they are back to focusing on the customer. every question was about sales and NOT customer service!

I do not want to work for a company that isn't focused on customer service.

Interview Questions

• What was your last sales goal
      How did you increase sales
      what was your biggest challenge on your sales quota   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Formal interview is in front of 2 managers (usually bank manager and service manager). Takes 30-40 minutes. You will be interviewed according to STAR system (situation, task, action, result). Google it and practice. Prepare answers ahead of time, preferably more than one. Be prepared for it, it is harder than seems to be! Be honest and dress for success.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you were able to keep your work integrity despite challenging situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you were able to deal with angry or irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took offer as is. Was not in position to negotiate and offer was a bit better tgan I expected too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Filled out online application, go an email to accept a group interview date and time, went to group interview that had 15 people and everyone was asked the same question, each answered in a snake draft format, was able to interview with Regional Manager same day, and Branch Manager same day. Two weeks later after a few follow-ups was sent an email from HR that mentioned the managers with someone who had more retail experience and that changing industries is going to be the biggest challenge so I should go and try to get 6 months experience at either a Credit Union or fast paced retail then send her a message.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best accomplishment, how did you accomplish this task, what obstacles did you face, and how did you overcome those obstacles?   Answer Question