Wells Fargo Lead Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Lead Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Lead Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Simple, first phone interview then if you pass you move on to interview with SM's. Don't jump to the answer relax really pay attention and then answer. They love the answers to be in 3 format story form. What happened , how did you handle it and what was the outcome

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They use the STAR format. For those that are not familiar with this process they ask a question and you have to answer using the format as follows: what the Situation or Task, the Action you chose to solve the problem and what the Resolution was. It's fairly simple and I feel that most people speak like this without thinking of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online ,pass a phone interview,then schedule for one on one .
    It's all based on past experiences
    Situation,Action and results.

Plan all scenarios n rehearse in a mirror if you have to to correct all unprofessional mannerisms.
    It's usually 2 people who perform job interviews n they both take turns in asking question n jotting down your answers.
    Remember to shake hands with both interviewers after the fact m thank them for the opportunity

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an irate customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Don't be fooled, they are still 100% focused on sales. Your first interview will be with a room full of other applicants fielded from the website. there will most likely be 2 people asking a series of sales related questions.

One of the girls said if your meet the requirements, we will call you by Friday. If not, you will be getting a email. - Neither of these happened and I had to email them 2 weeks later about it and finally got a call from a local branch manager for a 2nd interview.

This 2nd interview was disappointing because once again, it wasn't how you treat customers or your customer service skills, it was 100% sales questions.

Do not be fooled with the latest commercials indicating they are back to focusing on the customer. every question was about sales and NOT customer service!

I do not want to work for a company that isn't focused on customer service.

Interview Questions

• What was your last sales goal
      How did you increase sales
      what was your biggest challenge on your sales quota
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Formal interview is in front of 2 managers (usually bank manager and service manager). Takes 30-40 minutes. You will be interviewed according to STAR system (situation, task, action, result). Google it and practice. Prepare answers ahead of time, preferably more than one. Be prepared for it, it is harder than seems to be! Be honest and dress for success.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you were able to keep your work integrity despite challenging situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you were able to deal with angry or irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took offer as is. Was not in position to negotiate and offer was a bit better tgan I expected too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Filled out online application, go an email to accept a group interview date and time, went to group interview that had 15 people and everyone was asked the same question, each answered in a snake draft format, was able to interview with Regional Manager same day, and Branch Manager same day. Two weeks later after a few follow-ups was sent an email from HR that mentioned the managers with someone who had more retail experience and that changing industries is going to be the biggest challenge so I should go and try to get 6 months experience at either a Credit Union or fast paced retail then send her a message.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best accomplishment, how did you accomplish this task, what obstacles did you face, and how did you overcome those obstacles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Statesboro, GA).

Interview

Brief and detailed it was in depth I knew both of them that interviewed me but I still kept it professional.. Push that you can sale they are all about sales and numbers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with an irrate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Same scripted questions about the company, asking how you would handle customer complants, how close you are with co workers , and how you are in customer service. Making sure you can sell to customers as well and you can manage a team overall the interview did a one on one and a week later the Recurter called offering the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to do something even though it wasn't your job to do it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX).

Interview

They look for experience. If it is your first role in banking, rely on past customer experience you have had. The value customer satisfaction highly. It is what is more important as they go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer was upset and you helped resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter roughly 10 minutes got a phone all the same day for an in person interview with the hiring manager for the following week found out I got the jobs a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you uncover a customers needs   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations other than my start day the pay they offered said it was the best they could do, which I was happy with because it was much more than I expected