Wells Fargo Loan Document Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Loan Document Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview that went well. She asked typical questions, she was very friendly which made the interview less nerve wracking.
Panel interview about a month later which went very well. They had similar questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

First,Interview with the temp agency. When i passed the temp agency screening, I had interview with three managers. One was asking questions, one was taking notes, and another one was interacting with me.

Interview Questions

• How did you do when you faces many projects in the same time?   1 Answer

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Keep in mind I have been a contractor for over a year, i have had two interviews which were behavioral based, I did not get the job, I am good enough to temp but not good enough to hire. I also noticed that the managers do not hire the most qualified people, just their friends who need jobs. The person they hired for the position has no experience and not even a degree. I was interviews by two manager (females) and it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were dealing with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview

I started my process on CareerBuilder.com. I submitted my resume for the position online. A Wells Fargo recruiter sent me an email back within 3 days to schedule a phone interview. I pretty much said I was available anytime during the normal business day and they scheduled me for the next day at 11:30am. That was fine by me.

Phone Screen:
    11:30am - Recruiter called me as promised, and we went over my resume with a fine tooth comb and had me give my idea of what the position entails. I did so and they liked my answers as I have had 4+ years of the very same experience and knew how to answer those questions. From there the recruiter asked me other questions regarding my MS Office skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook mostly. I have worked with a couple of the MS office suites. They do look different. I have been using MS Office 2003 at home and MS Office 2007 or 2010 at work. I must say I do like the ribbon at the top. Anyways, after that came the good part. "How much is your salary requirement?" I actually low-balled myself. LOL! I just wanted to "get a job" and I was throwing myself under the bus. I figure that if other people ask for too much they will be disqualified. If I ask for a low offer I should be able to get the job fast. I told the recruiter what my "range" of pay was and they said flat out to me "oh they pay more than that" and I was like okay. So I told them what my highest would be and they noted that into the account.

Got a call a week later from the Hiring Managers Assistant and scheduled the interview a few days later on a Wednesday in the afternoon.

Wednesday Interview:
    I was interviewed by two nice ladies for the position. One was the actual manager I would be working for and the other was somebody on the team who knows the systems/job duties/everything about the job pretty much inside and out. The interview was mostly 8 behavior questions which I wrote down as much as I can without stalling the interview process. "What kind of process did you develop, and how did it help out? "What were some of your challenges in the past?" "How do you deal with Adaptability / Change in the workplace?" "How do you re-prioritize your work?" Things of that nature. Every question has about 3-5 sub questions like challenges, importance, outcome of the changes. After the 8 questions and their sub parts were over they asked me about some of my skills of my previous jobs doing the same thing there. Went over that info. Asked me if I can work Overtime. "Yes." I said. Of course with a big grin on my face. I currently do not get OT at my place of employment, so that made me pretty happy there. After that is was mostly chit chat about work things going back and forth about the joys of the job as they could tell I had a lot of experience in explaining in detail what I do on a daily basis. After that Hiring Manager said "that is all the questions I have for now." The other said the same. I had asked a couple follow up questions such as "where do we go from here, and when can I expect a response back either way about the position." They replied that the recruiter will get back with me if selected. I said "Thanks!" and was on my merry way out the door.

Interview Questions

• None for me really. Just have to think of 8 scenarios about past experiences that fit the question without dodging the question entirely.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a temp agency who'd seen my resume on a job board. He thought I'd be a good fit so I met with him and a few days later I was sent to meet with a department manager. He was very laid back and pleasant. It was the typical interview questions(Name a time when..., describe a situation when..., etc.) I got a call about a week later with a job offer.

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Interview

The initial process started through an HR representative. She was located in a different state and only seemed to have the posted job description available (no actual knowledge of the actual position or department). She asked a series of behavioral questions and then asked me to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 5 on my abilities such as Microsoft, etc. Once I completed this intereview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the manager of the department. This also consisted of the same format (i.e. behavioral questions and rating skill levels).

Interview Questions

• There weren't many technical questions, but there were several behavioral questions. They usually started with "Tell me about a time...". These were the hardest because you just never know what they're going to ask you about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Email contact and delayed response in regards to an initial interview. Called in for an interview. I would have been nice to relay to new applicants when called in for an interview at the plantation road office....to go down the road and to the back of that building and go in that entrance....or else the interviewee...will go to front of building (where there is an ATM and a door/windows) ...that they will assume to enter...on to the actual interview...i was brought into a room with a 2 person panel of interviewers..and i participated in my first behavioral interview...waited a week and a half...was called and they made an offer to employ me... :)

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time you went above and beyond for your customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Contractor Talentbridge held an open interview session in a hotel ballroom. Talenbridge recruiters asked various questions per candidate. Job offers were made immediately due to the business need at the time for loan document specialist. We were handed our intro packages immediately and after successful background check/drug testing we began our role the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

I attended an invitation only hiring event that I found out about via a recruiting agency. I think Wells primarily uses recruiting agencies to fill mortgage/loan related positions. I was scheduled 30 minutes to interview with a manager one on one. We talked for about 15-20 minutes before I was given an offer on the spot. This is a customer service and document management role. I would talk about how you have had to do customer service in the past and manage large amounts of paperwork and priorities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bend the truth?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you juggled multiple priorities?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little. He told me what they had been offering people for the position and I asked for a dollar extra (the position is salaried but they broke down the pay rate per hour). I asked for the extra dollar because I would be commuting from a different side of town. Turns out the manager lives in my area, and agreed without any real and back and forth. Never hurts to ask just be sensible.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Really brief interview. Nothing alarming. I expected to be asked more about my experience; however, the interviewer knew people I'd worked with at several of my former employers. I was questioned more about who I knew and how much I remember about them than about my experience. I guess the interviewer planned to ask my former co-workers more information about me.