Wells Fargo Loan Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Loan Processor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

After completing the online application, I was contacted by a recruiter within a week to set up a phone interview. From there, I had an in-person interview set up a few days later with two managers. Everyone I encountered was very personable and welcoming, including the recruiter, the hiring managers, and even the employees on-site during my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very standard and from a script. Examples include: recall a time you went above & beyond for the customer, explain what your day was like in your previous role, talk about a time you had to overcome a challenge and what was the outcome, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Loan Processor Interview

Interview

After completing the application I was contacted by a recruiter for the next steps who helped facilitate the interview. I was then contacted by a manager to set a time. The format was a panel interview with who would become my boss, my boss's boss and two other employees. Stressful but conversational.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers when they are rude to you or argumentative?   3 Answers

Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

1 phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. It was behavorial based questions that were very easy. They also asked historical questions about work history and education. All in all not a bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

During interview process I felt I would be a part or work among a team atmosphere with efficient resources easily and readily available to me. Was not aware of who or the name of persons interviewing me until I showed up to office and was sent into elevator to a floor and waited for someone to get me. I became nervous

Interview Questions

• What do you expect for an annual salary   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Open at hotel, walk in see competition, group and then move to smaller group and the individual 1 on 1. Final pass off and offered position. It was the best set up I had ever been to! Very fair!!! I didn't know 1 person within the company and got job on the spot with competitive salary. I give HR a 10

Interview Questions

• Experience in field? Details   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL) in November 2011.

Interview

First a recruiter from a staffing agency (aerotek) called me regarding the position. I went through a phne interview with them and they were basically asking about my wokr experience background. They then called me in for a 1:1interview and that one was mroe detailed. They explained the position and asked behavioral questions. Once you pass that interview then they refer you to the company and I had to interview with the company. The company did another behavioral interview and asked me to gve scenarios for different situations that I've experienced and they gave a summary of a typical work day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with the District Manager and Branch Manager. Very enjoyable interview process. Each office consisted for approximately 10 employees who took the loans from customers and then turned the file over to the Processor to obtain any additional information and/or documents required.

Interview Questions

• How did I get along with people and general public   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL) in November 2009.

Interview

Was called about another position with accountemps for another company. I then went for a basic skills excel test and basic interview. I was told I would be contacted in a few days regarding the position. I was called back and told the employer was no longer bringing on more people. The following week I was called back for another position with Wells Fargo and asked if I was ready to go to work. I said I was and started two days later with training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in detail as a loan closer   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate initially. I received a small raise when I switched departments. Negotiation power seems low due to availability of replacements.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied on line via Wells Fargo. I actually applied for several positions and this is the only one I heard a response from. The hiring manager scheduled a 15 minute phone screen where he asked simple questions like why I was interested in the position and a little bit of my background. I passed this, and he scheduled an in person interview for the next day. The interview was 30 minutes long, he had 10 questions he asked- some behavioral based ones, some questions about what motivated me and how I would handle certain situations. Then I asked him a lot of questions about job duties, performance reviews, training processes, and other typical questions. He said he would schedule a second interview with his supervisor as soon as possible. It was scheduled for two days later. This was another 30 minute interview, it started with questions from me, then she had 5 questions to ask, again behavioral based. Then we talked a little bit more, and it was over. She said she would be calling my current supervisor (also at Wells Fargo) for a reference. This was on Friday, and I was offered the job on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem that you’ve solved in a creative way. What was the outcome? Were you satisfied with it?   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I had no other offers to negotiate with, but I think there may be a little room to negotiate starting salary.