Wells Fargo Loan Servicing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Loan Servicing Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagan, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview shortly after. Then heard nothing back for over a month. Reasoning was that they had a freeze on hiring due to a change in their team structure. Finally heard back for an in person interview. During the in person they advised they should have a decision within a few days. 3 weeks later I finally received an update not via a phone call like they said but a template email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone Interview and In-Person Interview. Process took about 30 days. I think they should come up with another interview process besides the STAR method for screening people. Also the hiring process can sometimes take that long because of the recruiters. They can either take forever to contact a candidate or respond back quickly.

Interview Questions

• They follow the STAR method interviewing process. (Situation, Task, Action, Result) So be prepared to give alot of examples: "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's room for negotiating a little. Depending on the position and your experience

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from the temp agency at 9am about a position that opened that morning. I was In the interview within two hours. It was a one-on-one with the manager, and it was very simple. He was a funny individual and stepped away from the typical interview questions and talked more casually. Even though I didn't have as much phone experience as the job needed, the manager focused more on my people skills and what I could bring to the table instead of what jobs I did in the past. I got a phone call the next day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I be hired over someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone interview to start, then behavioral interview with department manager. Manager wore ratty jeans and a t-shirt. Told me it was 'casual Friday'. Seriously unimpressive, definitely unprofessional. Standard questions were asked. Once my experience was verified, it was pretty much pro forma.

Interview Questions

• The usual: 'Describe past experiences', 'How did you handle a challege', etc. No curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was available, but was told not to bother asking for more than $1 above the offer. The person who I was negotiating with told me this. Very awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 younger people interviewed me. They asked questions and each tried to write down my entire 5 minute answers. This was not very practical. They could have recorded it for later. They both seemed new to interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have coworker issues? How did you handle them?   1 Answer

Loan Service Specialist Interview

Interview

Very simple and easy. Generic "what was your toughest challenge, yada yada yada" questions. Basically, if you are honest and kill them with kindness, you will get the job. Just show that you are motivated and determined and you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had little or no direction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a staffing agency. The agency set up a one on one interview between me and a manager. The manager asked several behavioral interview questions. I was given the opportunity to ask questions. After the interview, I was given a tour of the workplace. Two days later the staffing agency called to offer me a temporary to permanent position at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict with a coworker? If you have multiple projects to complete in a day, how do you prioritize them? Name a situation you have experienced where you could not get all of your work done by a deadline and how did you handle it? What skills do you possess that would make you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagan, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic questions: Nothing out of the ordinary, previous experience, strengths/weaknesses, etc. First you have the phone interview and then one-on-one with the hiring manager. They also ask what your preferred wage is. Will not negotiate wage.

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview

What a long process! Applied online, received an invitation for a phone interview two weeks later, was invited to complete an in-person interview onsite. After that, there was a waiting period of over three -four weeks before a decision was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you misunderstood direction from a superior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the phone interviewer and she made a note that I requested more than what the position paid. I ended up getting half a dollar more. Just ask.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagan, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, one face to face interview. Six questions in the face to face interview, all situational experience questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate as it was my first position with Wells Fargo.