Wells Fargo Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Homewood, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very organized interview process with scripted questions. Was not difficult. Interviewers were very polite and professional. The important thing is to be yourself and make sure you are telling the truth, nothing is worse than lying in an interview it is pretty obvious when you do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an irate customer and how did you deal with this situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

They used the behavioral interview process and typically asked about 7 to 8 questions. A panel of 4 to 5 individuals at the table. The questions were based on the STAR process as described below. It was intimidated at first but because easier after the first question.

Interview Questions

• Responses required situational including specific details, task completed, actions taken and results of your actions. All the questions were related to this process. Need to be genuine and a programed answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Pretty much a standard interview. HR called to ask questions to determine if I qualify to go onto a face to face interview. Went to interview with a District Manager, then another interview with Regional Manager, and Regional President. Interviews consist of pretty much the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you help someone succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. HR lady sound like she was going to explode when I suggested a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was for screening and then invited to a 1:1 interview a few days later. The phone interview was pleasant and cordial, as was the phone interview. It is a big company so there are some formalities in the process that you just have to understand and be patient with.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Request to never take interview with wellsfargo as they make a fool of the candidate and conduct process for sake of it. I had cleared all rounds and in final discussion hiring manager communicated positive and selected. Hr will take care of rest. Without any reason after 2 days consultancy says rejected. They had wasted my time and even in illness attended final round. Worst interview experience ever I faced. Feel rejection could be bcos of regional bias. No diversity in hiring.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Interview

With applying at Wells Fargo you always get a recruiter who calls and does a 15-20 minute phone interview. From there you will receive an email about being turned down, or a follow up call from the recruiter in regards to setting up a face to face. Typically you will have 1 face to face interview and then a denial email or a call to set up the final face to face.
       A big part of Wells Fargo's hiring questions are behavorial based, meaning they will ask for a specific time when you did this, or displayed this quality. The best way to handle these are to have pre-arranged scenario's ready that utilize the STAR method(Situation, Task, Action, Result) and you would go through the Situation, the Task at hand, your specific Action, and the end Result.
       Be prepared to be flexible with your pre arranged answers as you may have to tailor them to what is being looked for slightly in order to answer the question, meaning, you could have thought about answering a question about quick thinking, but the question asked specifically asks for a unique solution to a problem. So you then take your answer about quick thinking and explain how it was also a unique solution to the problem.
       I have personally experienced problems with the amount of time taken to get responses either way on a job decision, sometimes taking weeks and months and having very little communication throughout the process.
       Good company overall, but some things like that do get frustrating when trying to find a job and has before resulted in my turning down of other posistions due to waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to find a unique solution to a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who's opinion's you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2010.

Interview

Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where two employees did not work well together?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2008.

Interview

Wells Fargo Financial is a promote from within, based on performance, where if you excell at your sales and management roles advancement is possible. I interviewed for manager 2 position it was really easy.

Interview Questions

• why should you have the job?   1 Answer