Wells Fargo Mortgage Loan Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Mortgage Loan Processor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to an invitation only hiring event. The interview process was fairly quick. I met with a interviewer she asked some pre-qualification questions and jumped right into the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell us a time you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on 7/21/2016 around 4:15 pm. I received an email to schedule a phone interview the next day. I had the phone interview on 7/27. I was with a recruiter and we simply went over my background and work history. It lasted about 15 minutes. Something I found odd was she asked my salary requirements. I never had that before. She forwarded my info to the hiring manager. He called me the very next day (7/28). I spoke with him and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. That interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked behavioral question, which I listed most below. After that, he told me it would take him roughly a week to decide if he wanted a face to face interview. He contacted me on 8/8 wanting a face to face interview for the next day. I did the face to face interview; that lasted 30 minutes as well and he told me I would know by the next friday if I was selected for the position. I got an email on Monday (8/15) asking me to update my profile. I was confused so I reached out to the recruiter to ask the purpose of that. My recruiter wasn't in so another recruiter gave my contact info to her back up. The back up recruiter called me and stated I had the job. Super exciting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took the initiative with a work assignment?   1 Answer
    • Asked a question about being productive dealing with quality and quantity.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't know the answer and how you were resourceful   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you helped a coworker when they were being unethical   1 Answer
    • Asked a question about having attention to detail   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with the sales team, the processing manager, and other area managers. They asked, specifically, how the interviewee has previously dealt with high volume demands and any conflicts that arise from trying to meet a large and continuously growing number of tasks. The loan processor deals with nearly every aspect of the loan (loan structure, interest rates and APR's, disclosures, underwriting policy, customer service, and continually resetting expectations).

Interview Questions

• How have you previously resolved a serious customer conflict?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2012.

Interview

HR is difficult to work with and they initially rejected me only to come back and give me the job. However, once you are interviewed they were very honest and upfront about what they were looking for and they provided paid training for anything I needed.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Mesa, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

You would have to apply on line and if you are picked for an interview you would get a phone interview. If you can get past that part. You will get a face to face interview.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Interview

Very simple process. Had a phone interview and an in person interview shortly after. 3 managers met with me for about 30-45 minutes. I found out the next week that I was hired. It was a mass hiring so it was a pretty basic interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewers read from a script. Easy to know what the answers should be if you know someone that went through the process. Starts with phone screening, then goes into in person inteviews with usually two people interviewing you with a script of questions. Expect the classic interview questions with this one..

Interview Questions

• How to handle clients and if there is any previous experience with this.   1 Answer