Wells Fargo Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter whom was very thorough with her knowledge and questions as it relates to recruiting for mortgage banking. She informed me that she was pre-screening me and that my next conversation would be with the hiring manager. I did receive a call from the manager and we set up a time to do a phone interview the very next day. She called and the interview lasted one hour and she informed me they were ramping up and looking to hire underwriters soon. I have yet to hear from Wells Fargo and it's been 3 weeks since the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something that was outside of your role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

One interview anyone can pass using the STAR technique. situation, task, action, and result . Extremely bonehead way to hire for this type of position as they often hired boneheads that don't pass the tests after 3 month of training. Do not try to show/convey underwriting skills and knowledge during the interview. It will hurt more than help no matter how much you know. You are not being interviewed by underwriters. Only managers who do not know how to underwrite. Best advice though, seek employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a me you had an angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

prescreen by hr, then face to face with hiring manager, then a final panel interview. business casual don't over dress. behavior questions, situational questions, skill questions. focus on customer service, and time management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick interview. Very informal as i had a friend who i wanted to work under. Manager was very quick i asked more questions than they did. Was offered the job but passed for greener pastures

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2009.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with a supervisor. There was a list of standard questions questions which he read off of but he skipped around to the ones he though was important then would write down my responses. After this he got another supervisor and had me talk to him too but it was more friendly banter and less interview like.

Interview Questions

• Is there any reason you think you wouldn't be able to complete the duties of this position?   Answer Question