Wells Fargo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for a teller position they had at 2039 Broadway. I instantly received an email. I was scheduled for a group interview in a week. After the group interview I received a call from the recruiter for a one to one interview with the service and branch manager. The whole process was disappointing. I spent time just to receive an email at the end that I was not selected. I had job experience and I thought the interview went fine. Unfortunately, they were not considerate enough to give a reasonable explanation to why I was not selected for a part time teller position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer explain the concept very nice and clearly. First introduce yourself, then some behavior question and three algorithm questions related to the missing number in an array given the possibility of one word is missing or several words are missing

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was average, nothing too intense. I interviewed more than once for different stores, each interview was at least 2 people on the panel. Mostly questions about previous experience within the bank.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision without the help of your manager or supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you prioritized multiple events happening at once in your location?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a service manager?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was easy taking the test, once I got to the group interview. I tried my best to stand out in the crowd. It was hard when everyone was raising their hands. But I felt at ease

Interview Questions

• So tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview process was very different. The first interview was a group interview. I was in a room with five other people and the HR rep. The questions were fairly easy to answer, but it was very important to SHINE and not be quiet. The second interview was with the service manager and store manager. The interview was STAR based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to reach a specific goal that seemed impossible. How did you go about making sure you reached that goal?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

They are so desperate for replacements to everybody that has left that they will toss an offer to anyone. My particular branch had a 100% turnover in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• There really were no questions other than when can you start.   1 Answer

Sophomore IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

application (resume, cover letter, essay), was contacted by email to attend 3-day conference (learning about WFS and about investment banking, sales and trading, and asset-backed finance) that culminated in a superday (interviewed by 4 professionals)

Financial Crimes Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call to schedule a phone interview more than a month after I applied. The rest of the process was quick. The phone interview was pretty basic. I was asked about my job experience, why I wanted to work for Wells Fargo, etc. Scheduled a face-to-face interview at the end of the phone interview. I was emailed information about the role and how the interview would be structured to prepare myself in addition to driving instructions.

The face-to-face interview conducted of two separate STAR "behavioral" interviews with some of the supervisors. They were pretty quiet but didn't feel intimidating to me. The questions revolved around my experiences with customer service and there were a handful of questions thrown in about my knowledge of fraud and how I'd tell a customer to handle those types of situations.

I got a call about 3 or 4 hours later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a supervisor wasn't 100% clear about something and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I am writing this for those who failed Wells Fargo interview (Part time teller). I applied online and I received an email telling me I could set up a group interview. I was very confident because I had a couple of years of selling and customer service. When I left my previous job, many customers in town were sad because I did a very good job and everyone liked me. I knew a lot of people complained that working in Wells Fargo is terrible because the sales pressure is very high. But I chose to work for it because I wanted to sell as many products as possible and became an asset for the company. But I was wrong. In the interview, I told the recruiter my marketing skills, and how I made my previous customers super like me, and I have many years' of experience of calming down a customer or selling products. In the interview, I felt great because obviously I have more experience than any other interviewees. However, I was told that they would not take me in consideration. I was so sad that night. But next morning, I interviewed with another company. The company manager was so shocked about my selling skills and customer service. I told them how I do marketing survey and research on product features. They offered me a full time job in a global marketing representative position with much more higher pay. On the way back home when I was driving, I was just thinking, Wells Fargo???..... So, never be disappointed with yourself. Wells Fargo is not the only company in the world and their recruiter may not know your potential. They don't know you are a loyal employee, a super hard working person and a young profession who wants to dedicate the whole life for them. Someone else will see your shinning point. If you are good, sooner or later you will find your company and you can go much further than working in Wells Fargo. Be strong and keep going!

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet HR who was not friendly or inviting give a very nonchalant vibe. I tried to make small talk before we got to the interview process but she reciprocate went right into the interview did not ask me anything about my self.