Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Ogden, UT | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Ogden, UT

2.8

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

You first have to apply for the job requisition via the Wells Fargo careers site.

First, you are interviewed by a Wells Fargo HR or recruitment representative who will ask you some screening questions regarding your previous work experience.

If you pass the initial screening call, the branch Store Manager and Service Manager will ask you questions regarding your ability to cross sell and resolve conflicts. They will also ask you what you have done in the past regarding loss prevention.

Interview Questions

• Some questions they ask:

How well do you keep your cool under pressure?

How would you identify a customer's financial needs?

How do you handle an upset customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

completed an online application and answered a lot of questions then scheduled for a group interview. The group interview had easy questions that related to sales and past examples of my experience with customers and sales goals. The interview went well except for the Recruiter was not very organized and was late for her own interview. unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• an example of a sales and customer service accomplishment   1 Answer

I was called by the recruiter and offered 10.00. I declined because i didnt have a good impression of the company based on the interview process and the representation of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in October 2009.

Interview

Since its been a couple of years since my interview things have changed. Currently you must go through a initial screening online perhaps a phone interview until you are invited to a group interview which will than advance you to 1:1 interviews with specific branches. The actually 1:1 interview consists of pretty standard questions such as "what made you choose Wells Fargo," where do you see yourself in the future with this company." They will also ask about lapses in time in your resume and if you were employed before and why you left that employment. Since this is a selling position you will be asked to sell a random object to the interviewee. Usually this is to see if you have basic selling skills by giving the features and advantages of the object. My advice if you were given such a exercise would be stay calm, explain the advantages while also if applicable trying to cross-sell maybe another object in the room and than closing with an assumptive sale.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered 9.5 to start, I didn't know another language and had no previous experience to such a job so I had very little leverage. I did my homework on what others had started with in teller positions in the area and it was around 10.00. I spoke to the person who hired me and explained what I had learned and we were able to meet at 9.75. Usually if you are able to speak another language that is frequent in the area (Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) you could easily negotiate up to .50.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in December 2008.

Interview

I called and asked for an interview, I guess that gave me brownie points. They called me for an interview a few days later. I went in for only 1 interview a few days after they called me. My interview took 20 minutes. I got a call from them about a week later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I pretty much accepted what they offered me because it is the best offered I've ever got.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in October 2008.

Interview

Apply online through wellsfargo.com/careers. Service Manager will call and schedule an interview. Dress professionally- at a minimum nice shirt/tie. I have subsequently sat in on several interviews in the selection process, and we immediately reject candidates who are not dressed appropriately. Be preprared to answer questions about sales experience; be prepared to give a sales pitch- it is critical here to ask for the sale at the end of pitch; do not just give description of the product you are asked to sell. What we mainly look for is a personality that will fit in with the team and not be afraid to initiate sales conversations with customers.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a positive attitude while faced with constant rejection?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited salary negotiation