Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.9

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Application is pretty basic with an assessment, first interview was over the phone, in depth about my job history and what customer service means, then I got called for a face to face at the branch. I went in and met with 3 of the managers. Questions are read from a paper then they write your response. Everyone was really friendly and attentive while I was waiting to be seen.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to do something that was the right thing to do but you really didn't want to.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR).

Interview

Phone interview then called in for sit down. Easy. Was offered the position. Later called back and was Provided start date and wage. I accepted. 2 weeks prior to this was called and told due to staffing needs the position was not needed and to reapply to phone banker 1. Very poor experience.

Consumer Loan Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for Initial screening. Then in person interview with two managers. Then offer made. Lots of situational questions that start with "Tell me about a time..." Lot of open ended questions that allow you to expand upon your experience. Depending upon the interviewer they may ask you to elaborate or may just take what you said.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news. What was the news and how was it received?   Answer Question

Business Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was already employed with the company, so it was an internal job posting. They reviewed applications over a two week period and scheduled interviews with anyone that had minimum qualifications. I had a 1:1 interview, but later they conducted panel interviews for the job. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, like:
    Tell me about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifics, but it was behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Medford, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had to wait for my application to go through screening, once that was accepted I was sent an email to do the questionnaire that was online and took about 10 minutes, asked the usual situational questions all jobs do, then I received an email to schedule my phone interview, I scheduled it for 9:45 a.m the next morning it went very well was asked why I would be good for the teller position and what I would do if I had an unruly costumer how would I handle the situation then the man told me about the position asked if I had any questions and then told me I'd here back within 3-5 days for a second interview if I made it to the next level... About 3 days later I was called by the store I applied fores manager and she scheduled an interview with her the district manager and myself for that Friday at 9a.m..... Make sure you dress sharp and leave your day open. The interview took about 45 minutes where they asked the same questions the phone interviewer did and a few more all basically the same about your sales experience how you handle certain situations. Stay calm and make sure to smile a lot!! Interview went well and later that day I got a call and was offered a full time position as a teller, i then did my background check and finger prints and about a week and a half later got a call from my stores manager telling me I passed and that my first day of training is next week.... Over all the whole process took a month!

Interview Questions

• In your previous job did you have sales girls you had to meet? How did you meet them? Was there a time when you were unable to meet your goal? How did that make you feel? What did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

HR Interview to screen for the role was followed up by telephone interview to further screen applicants - finally a second interview with hiring manager was completed. There was a follow up review to assess references and then a period of waiting to hear back from human resources on the outcome of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without guidance and what impact that decision made.   Answer Question

Home Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Beaverton, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The guys were very nice. The questions are the generic on the spot sometimes difficult questions Wells Fargo asked. When will they learn?? The people they lose by asking those questions. You can not hire someone because of how they answer some random questions. Has nothing to do with your ability to do the job..

Interview Questions

• When did you have a time you were dealing with a difficult customer and you had to change the way you normally provide customer service. What happened and what was the result? What????? More questions that answering , how they think I should answer , has nothing to do with my experience or how Well I could do the job!   1 Answer

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I went in for a group interview that consisted of 4 people. I was contacted later that day to go for a one on one interview the following week. I did that and got the call later that day that I got the job. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an angry customer. What did you do to make them feel better about their experience?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Clackamas, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic questions involving my recent work history. Two senior personnel interviewed me and had a list of questions as well as personal questions of their own. They told me at the end of the interview they wanted to hire me for more hours because I was overqualified for the position so the offer went from 10 hour flex to 30 hour part time. I get a call a day later asking for me to apply for the full time 40 hour position. Then I get a rejection email a week later saying other applicants are being considered. Why tell me how over qualified and a great fit I'll be for this branch if I'm not getting hired or recommended for another position within the company?

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a difficult customer service problem?
      Have you provided extraordinary customer service?
      Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview is group setting. A few questions to answer about where you worked previously, what experiences you have, and what skills you can demonstrate. Second interview is one on one with a manager a few days after the group interview. The second interview gets more in-depth. They're looking for 6 months sales/customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience.   1 Answer
    • Call center experience (handle times, customer response, etc).   1 Answer
    • Customer service experience.   1 Answer