Wells Fargo Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.7

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Once you pass the online assessment they offer you to come in for group interview. Group interview was good was about 13 people on interview. Watch a presentation about the job and company values. Group interview is about 2 hours long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Group interview by HR recruiter, very relaxed and comfortable enviroment. Wewere first asked to introduce ourselves. Afer that a question was asked and you raised your hand to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and recieved an email about the dates and times I would schedule a phone interview. Beware that it takes several tries (weeks) to get a interview time. I finally recieved a time for a phone interview, I thought sweet! I was scheduled to have one on July 19th at 11:00am a time that I picked. Well guess what? I never received the interview call. It was 19 minutes past 11:00 when I emailed to see if I was suppose to go in or if there was trouble. I received and email back saying that they were behind on calls and someone would be calling me shortly. I had another appointment to be at so I asked them if they could just reschedule the interview for another day. I was really interested in the position. A few hours later I reveieved an email saying they emailed my resume to a recruiter and they would calling me. Then about an hour later I get am email saying thanks but theyre going wirh candidates with kore experience. What?! I get home from my appointment and I see I have a voicemail waiting. I received a message from a recruiter who said she was confused because she called me this morning and we got disconnected and said if I was still interested in the positon to give her a call back. By this time it was after business hours but I still called her so she was able to recieve my message first thing in the morning when she got into the office. I told her she must have dialed the wrong number because I never spoke with her and it wasn't me who she spoke with earlier in the day. I told her I was still interested in the position, and to return my call so we can reschedule the phone interview. Waiting for her call the next day I saw it was getting late, so I called her. She was out of the office the rest of the week and she never responded to my voicemail. I find it ridiculous and extremely unprofessional that they reject interviewing me because of their error. I thought it would a great company to work for but I guess not.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about scheduling a phone interview. You have to be really fast in answering this email otherwise they will be full. Phone interview was easy. Basic questions about customer service. About 3 days later manager from the branch I applied to called for interview. 4 days later went to interview. Preparation is key. Situation based questions. Smile and stay calm. Act like your having a conversation amongst colleagues and you will be fine. Got a call the same day with an offer! Now just doing the background check. Set to start training in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Later that day received an email to complete assessment. The next day I received another email saying I have been chosen to complete participate in a group interview.
    My group interview was today. I was accompanied by 11 other individuals. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. We introduced ourselves then he asked only 4 questions. We took turns answer all the questions. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours.
    I now have to wait 7-10 days to hear if I move on to the next step, which is an interview with two branch managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How many years? And have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • Have you been employed somewhere where you had to promote products and services? For how long?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working with computers and multiple programs? For how long?   Answer Question
    • How much cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online after that had to do a screening. You have to pass the screening to be considered for an group interview. After passing the screening I was able to chose the dates the had available for the group interview. After the group I had another interview with the service manager and the branch manager. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time that you was wrong. How did you take ownership for your mistake? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eustis, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There was one person interviewing 3 of us. She proposed a question then each of us would answer.it was in the basement at a large board room table. There was a PowerPoint telling us about the position. It lasted about 45 minutes. I heard back in an email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience selling services to fit specific customer needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I am writing this for those who failed Wells Fargo interview (Part time teller). I applied online and I received an email telling me I could set up a group interview. I was very confident because I had a couple of years of selling and customer service. When I left my previous job, many customers in town were sad because I did a very good job and everyone liked me. I knew a lot of people complained that working in Wells Fargo is terrible because the sales pressure is very high. But I chose to work for it because I wanted to sell as many products as possible and became an asset for the company. But I was wrong. In the interview, I told the recruiter my marketing skills, and how I made my previous customers super like me, and I have many years' of experience of calming down a customer or selling products. In the interview, I felt great because obviously I have more experience than any other interviewees. However, I was told that they would not take me in consideration. I was so sad that night. But next morning, I interviewed with another company. The company manager was so shocked about my selling skills and customer service. I told them how I do marketing survey and research on product features. They offered me a full time job in a global marketing representative position with much more higher pay. On the way back home when I was driving, I was just thinking, Wells Fargo???..... So, never be disappointed with yourself. Wells Fargo is not the only company in the world and their recruiter may not know your potential. They don't know you are a loyal employee, a super hard working person and a young profession who wants to dedicate the whole life for them. Someone else will see your shinning point. If you are good, sooner or later you will find your company and you can go much further than working in Wells Fargo. Be strong and keep going!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did an online application. I received a interview time within 2 weeks, did a group interview the following week, interviewed with the manager 4 days later, and received the job two days later. The next step is a background check and then i start training a week after that. This process was very smooth and im excited to get started. Apply apply apply, Goodluck

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      in what situation on the job did you have to use integrity
      How many years of sales experience do you have
      Name a time where you had to use heavy time management, how did you do it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview consisted of about 9 people and is followed by an individual interview. Recruiter presented a question and gave every person an opportunity to answer. The group interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time a customer was very disappointed/upset and how did you fix it."   1 Answer