Wells Fargo Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about scheduling a phone interview. You have to be really fast in answering this email otherwise they will be full. Phone interview was easy. Basic questions about customer service. About 3 days later manager from the branch I applied to called for interview. 4 days later went to interview. Preparation is key. Situation based questions. Smile and stay calm. Act like your having a conversation amongst colleagues and you will be fine. Got a call the same day with an offer! Now just doing the background check. Set to start training in a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Later that day received an email to complete assessment. The next day I received another email saying I have been chosen to complete participate in a group interview.
    My group interview was today. I was accompanied by 11 other individuals. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. We introduced ourselves then he asked only 4 questions. We took turns answer all the questions. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours.
    I now have to wait 7-10 days to hear if I move on to the next step, which is an interview with two branch managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How many years? And have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • Have you been employed somewhere where you had to promote products and services? For how long?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working with computers and multiple programs? For how long?   Answer Question
    • How much cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online after that had to do a screening. You have to pass the screening to be considered for an group interview. After passing the screening I was able to chose the dates the had available for the group interview. After the group I had another interview with the service manager and the branch manager. I am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time that you was wrong. How did you take ownership for your mistake? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eustis, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eustis, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. There was one person interviewing 3 of us. She proposed a question then each of us would answer.it was in the basement at a large board room table. There was a PowerPoint telling us about the position. It lasted about 45 minutes. I heard back in an email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience selling services to fit specific customer needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I am writing this for those who failed Wells Fargo interview (Part time teller). I applied online and I received an email telling me I could set up a group interview. I was very confident because I had a couple of years of selling and customer service. When I left my previous job, many customers in town were sad because I did a very good job and everyone liked me. I knew a lot of people complained that working in Wells Fargo is terrible because the sales pressure is very high. But I chose to work for it because I wanted to sell as many products as possible and became an asset for the company. But I was wrong. In the interview, I told the recruiter my marketing skills, and how I made my previous customers super like me, and I have many years' of experience of calming down a customer or selling products. In the interview, I felt great because obviously I have more experience than any other interviewees. However, I was told that they would not take me in consideration. I was so sad that night. But next morning, I interviewed with another company. The company manager was so shocked about my selling skills and customer service. I told them how I do marketing survey and research on product features. They offered me a full time job in a global marketing representative position with much more higher pay. On the way back home when I was driving, I was just thinking, Wells Fargo???..... So, never be disappointed with yourself. Wells Fargo is not the only company in the world and their recruiter may not know your potential. They don't know you are a loyal employee, a super hard working person and a young profession who wants to dedicate the whole life for them. Someone else will see your shinning point. If you are good, sooner or later you will find your company and you can go much further than working in Wells Fargo. Be strong and keep going!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did an online application. I received a interview time within 2 weeks, did a group interview the following week, interviewed with the manager 4 days later, and received the job two days later. The next step is a background check and then i start training a week after that. This process was very smooth and im excited to get started. Apply apply apply, Goodluck

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      in what situation on the job did you have to use integrity
      How many years of sales experience do you have
      Name a time where you had to use heavy time management, how did you do it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview consisted of about 9 people and is followed by an individual interview. Recruiter presented a question and gave every person an opportunity to answer. The group interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time a customer was very disappointed/upset and how did you fix it."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with five other people. The recruiter did most of the talking and explain the expectations of the position. She asked three questions which everybody took turns answering. Took a little over a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After applying, a recruiter will email date and times to schedule an interview. The night before the interview the recruiter sent out a confirmation email along with Behavioural Interview Preparation Notes. Study those notes! It holds all if the necessary preparation you will need. The interview was a group interview in a cooperate building, downtown. It was far less intimidating than the detailed it to be. The notes were almost unnecessary- only implemented nerves for less qualified applicants. The recruiter asks questions, writes as you speak and moves on to the next person. I felt I gave strong answers. I was almost sure the job was mine. After the interview the recruiter said we'll receive emails within 3-5 days. It took them 8 days and I received a no.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment   1 Answer
    • What was a goal you are most proud of accomplishing? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pompano Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a group interview then former interview with the district manager.
    Group interview was with others. They asked you why you applied here, your previous expirence and what strengths you can bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here
      Your previous experience