Wells Fargo Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Part Time Teller Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I am writing this for those who failed Wells Fargo interview (Part time teller). I applied online and I received an email telling me I could set up a group interview. I was very confident because I had a couple of years of selling and customer service. When I left my previous job, many customers in town were sad because I did a very good job and everyone liked me. I knew a lot of people complained that working in Wells Fargo is terrible because the sales pressure is very high. But I chose to work for it because I wanted to sell as many products as possible and became an asset for the company. But I was wrong. In the interview, I told the recruiter my marketing skills, and how I made my previous customers super like me, and I have many years' of experience of calming down a customer or selling products. In the interview, I felt great because obviously I have more experience than any other interviewees. However, I was told that they would not take me in consideration. I was so sad that night. But next morning, I interviewed with another company. The company manager was so shocked about my selling skills and customer service. I told them how I do marketing survey and research on product features. They offered me a full time job in a global marketing representative position with much more higher pay. On the way back home when I was driving, I was just thinking, Wells Fargo???..... So, never be disappointed with yourself. Wells Fargo is not the only company in the world and their recruiter may not know your potential. They don't know you are a loyal employee, a super hard working person and a young profession who wants to dedicate the whole life for them. Someone else will see your shinning point. If you are good, sooner or later you will find your company and you can go much further than working in Wells Fargo. Be strong and keep going!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I did an online application. I received a interview time within 2 weeks, did a group interview the following week, interviewed with the manager 4 days later, and received the job two days later. The next step is a background check and then i start training a week after that. This process was very smooth and im excited to get started. Apply apply apply, Goodluck

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      in what situation on the job did you have to use integrity
      How many years of sales experience do you have
      Name a time where you had to use heavy time management, how did you do it
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with five other people. The recruiter did most of the talking and explain the expectations of the position. She asked three questions which everybody took turns answering. Took a little over a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After applying, a recruiter will email date and times to schedule an interview. The night before the interview the recruiter sent out a confirmation email along with Behavioural Interview Preparation Notes. Study those notes! It holds all if the necessary preparation you will need. The interview was a group interview in a cooperate building, downtown. It was far less intimidating than the detailed it to be. The notes were almost unnecessary- only implemented nerves for less qualified applicants. The recruiter asks questions, writes as you speak and moves on to the next person. I felt I gave strong answers. I was almost sure the job was mine. After the interview the recruiter said we'll receive emails within 3-5 days. It took them 8 days and I received a no.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment   1 Answer
    • What was a goal you are most proud of accomplishing? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2016.

Interview

the whole process went pretty quick. i had a phone interview on a weds and then that following Thursday i had an in person interview with the branch manager. i found out that following Tuesday i got the job for part-time. i done my background check that weds and then that Friday went and did my fingerprinting. then found out everything came back OK that next Tuesday the job was officially mine.! so about 2 weeks total. Then later on that day i got a phone call asking me if i would be interested in the Full time position and i accepted!

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2016.

Interview

First I did the online application for the part time bank teller position. Then at end of the application there´s an assessment. If you pass the assessment, then you will be asked to choice an group interview time. I choice the one that was listed already.Then at the group interview the recruiter tells you about the company then asks three questions. The group interview time length depends on how many candidates shows up. After the interview the recruiter will say they will contact you within 5-7 business days, but I was contacted that very same day. My interview was at 9:30 am Wednesday, June 15th (I showed up 45 mins early ...even before the recruiter) and I got a call from the recruiter at about 4:30 pm the very same day to set up an interview with the store manger which was Monday, June 20th.Store manger interview, this interview is where you meet with your potential manger and assist manger and they ask you about your work history. After this interview they call me about 15 mins after and ask could I set up an interview with the District Manger which was 10:30 am Wednesday, June 22th. District Manger(DM) interview, if you meet with the DM it means you really impressed the store manger and they are really interested in you. This is the last step to the application process and the DM will as a few questions about your resume and ask you about how you would handle an anger customer and them got them to get a product. After this interview I was contacted the same day at about 4:30 pm and was offered an contingent offer. This is basically an offer that says you got the job if your background check and fingerprint comes back and does violate company policies.

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Flagstaff, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter after applying online, after that I was emailed to submit another application to the position in my area available. Then I was called by the hiring manager and asked to come in for an interview. I got interviewed by the hiring manager and a company manager. The process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the applicants we are hiring, why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

After`applying online they sent me an email with a link to go to for available interview dates. Once I chose a date I would then attend the interview which was a group interview, with resume and scrap piece of paper in hand. If you did well during the group interview they would call you between 3-5 business days for a in-person interview at the branch wou would be working at. If you didn't do well then you would receive an email instead of phone call within the next 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions

• Professionally, describe a time you had to overcome an obstacle? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ocean, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was much more intense than I anticipated. There were 2 interviewers present but the teller manager took the lead in asking questions. Most of the questions were the usual scripted questions and really didn't delve into the skills category. Most were behavioral questions and I simply did not prepare well enough for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The last question was "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbus, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I completed the application online. Was emailed to pick a phone interview time. The phone interview was standard questions. That part was very easy! Was told to expect a call back in two or three business days on the 2nd interview. Got the call back and interviewed with both, the store manager and the hiring manager. The interview was very simple. The HM had to read from a packet of standard interview questions. I was the last interview of the day. And got a call back from the recruiter about two business days saying I got the job. Now I'm in training. Which is 14 business days. Much of it is on the computer