Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Panel interview set of select questions... Must be able to sell anything and everything... Sell yourself and add customer service to it. Answers don't need to be bank related can be about school or volunteer work

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   Answer Question
  • It's now the middle of the month and you have not reached your sales quota you're well behind goal what would you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Quite detailed and rigorous. 1 Phone interview and 1 panel interview and 1 1:1 interview. The phone interview was very serious and asked several questions about my ability to handle situations with customers and meeting goals. I was asked how I reacted to not meeting my goals and how I handled customers. I responded that I was disappointed in myself and came back more determined with a better plan. The customer question I responded that I listened carefully to what the customer had to say before responding with a solution. Making the customer feel heard brings down walls and offers a path to resolution.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever not meet my goals and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The online application was followed by an email notifying me that I had been selected for a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview with my Recruiter was pleasant and light-hearted -- it seemed like she was just trying to verify some of my application information and learn more about me on a personal level. She arranged an in-person interview with the Branch Manager of the location to which I was applying.

The interview with the Branch Manager lasted about 45 minutes and was much more in-depth than the phone interview -- overall a great experience. I understand that it can vary in intensity depending on the type of manager that you interview with.

The final interview was arranged with the District Manager, which is meant to simply OK the Branch Manager's decision. In other words, if you get an interview with the District Manager, it's because the Branch Manager has selected you for the job.

I received a call from the Recruiter with a job offer, and a subsequent email formalizing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to resolve the complaint of an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Why Wells Fargo? Why banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. I was the only one showed up. I got to know the interviewer and build a relationship with her. She was very easy to talk to. No pressure. I arrived on time. 15 minutes early. I'm waiting to apply again.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that can be a good for this position and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo Tampa 2016.

Application

Interview
    The online application was followed by an email notifying me that I had been selected for a phone interview. The 20-minute phone interview with my Recruiter was pleasant it seemed like he was just trying to verify some of my application information and learn more about me on a personal level

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The Interview process took two months. It was mostly Behavioral interviewing. It took about a month for my first call and it was a phone interview. They have you apply for a position and then tell you it isn't available and then have you apply for another branch. It was a second month before I got my first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Smooth and professional for interviewed.
    Apply online and wait for 1 week to get group interviewed ,Manger interview in following week,
    Received the result in next day. very productive~
    Its great experience to me, Learning a lot from this interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you proof you did the good customer service?   1 Answer

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Four days ago I had a phone interview with Wells Fargo recruiter. It went all right but the position was available in a different city and I told the recruiter I prefer a much closer one. The next day I got an email encouraging me to reapply for the same position. The day after I got an email for a panel interview. Yesterday I went to the interview; it went very well.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Like tell me a time when you had an angry customer. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Miami, FL).

Interview

based on 3 meetings. First is a group presentation, then you meet with the manager of the branch you could possibly go to. Then you meet with the district manager for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Where would you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Felt like interview questions had nothing to do with the job but they focused too much on me and felt typecast. When I knew I could do the job and have banking and customer service experience

Interview Questions

• What would my old boss day about me?   1 Answer