Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Conroe, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Filled out a questionnaire, and had a phone interview within a few days. After that, they scheduled a face to face interview. The manager was 20 minutes late due to a conference call. She was training someone on the interview process, so he asked me questions from a list. It was the most painful interview in my entire life. They didn't like my answers, so they kept asking me for to more examples. Sorry guys, but I'm not begging for a $32K a year job plus commissions which I read that they will do whatever to not pay your commissions. I'm so glad I didn't get this job after reading that it was the worst personal banking company to work for. Plus, you have to stay late because the bankers can't meet their quotas, so get ready to cold call an extra hour on Thursday nights. My interviewer was supposedly promoted quickly for his customer service, but after he couldn't comprehend simple English answers for why I wanted to work there, I really start to wonder. His "customer service" included getting me a bottle of water and opening my door on the way out. From what I saw, neither he, nor the general manager had a sense of humor, or would even crack a smile, but they kept lecturing me about how important customer service is.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your best customer service.   2 Answers
  • Why do you want to be a personal banker?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a long one, around 2 hour and a half. it was a group interview then you don't get that much stress because there are other candidate as well as u, so you have time to think about it before you answer to them.The interviewer was so nice and friendly. The interview process was very good itself.Very pro and good environment.

Interview Questions

• what is The biggest accomplishment in your life and describe it how it effect your personal and professional life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Davie, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email for an interview, when I got there I realized that it was a group interview. Really easy interview, the staff told us that is we were not selected we were going to be receiving an email in the following 5 days, otherwise you still are in the process.. It has been over a month and I never received a rejection email but I never received any call either. A friend that went through the process before getting hired told me that they take a longgggg time to call you after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

online questionnaires > recruiter > group or/then 1 on 1 and then they let you know whether or not you were hired. Most recent opportunity only took me 3 days to start looking and get a job but the start dates are usually a month out.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time where their was an issue,and what you do to fix this issue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tacoma, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 5 managers and room of applicants. After the group interview I had a one on one interview with the potential manager I was working with. After he was satisfied with our interview I had another interview with the same manager, the other final applicants ans the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Round Robin style, going around asking everyone different questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wage by about a dollar an hour

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Really easy, if they like you. You'r in! You'll start within a week. They are looking for people who have a sales experience background. The interview is all about selling yourself and why you would be great for the position and why choose you over someone else. I pretty much nailed mine and got a call back within 2 hrs of interviewing. They will judge you on your looks too, so make sure you look presentable. NO BAGGY CLOTHES, NO TATTOOS, NO EAR RINGS (For guys), and ABSOLUTELY NO WRINKLED CLOTHING. ALWAYS WEAR A TIE to your interview. If you want the job, you have to look the part.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something? What makes you different?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You have to let them know why your perfect for the position. Their testing you sales skills when you do this! Make sure your prepared to present yourself.

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

the process is extensive as they want someone to best fit the role. It is best to come in prepared as you will be asked to give specific work examples

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview even if your internal and if you are the interview is harder. They change the interview procces all the time. It is very political so play your cards well.

Personal Banker I Interview

Interview

I applied through their website, was asked to pick a best time to go through phone interview. Phone interview was not straight forward, recruiter said she will call back. After a week she called back to schedule me for an interview. Branch was too far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...