Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker I Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy online application process that allows you to see which locations have open positions. Received a call from friendly recruiter just a few days after to schedule a group interview in downtown offices. Passing the group interview led to interviewing with branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The only way to get into this company is making it past the group interview. If you aren't confident in yourself around another people you'd find the group interview very difficult. I'd suggest talking as much about yourself when you are given the opportunity to. There are anywhere from 2-13 people in the panel along with yourself...

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to a group interview the next day. Had group interview a few days later (3 applicants in my group). Received a phone call from recruiter before I even got home from the banking center, inviting me back for a panel interview the following week. Panel interview was 9 applicants, with 4 Branch Managers conducting the interview. Again I received a call back with an offer the same day. For the interview: Know why you want to work for the company, and give specific examples of why you would be a good fit. Focus on sales experience, and give examples of times you've gone above and beyond for a customer or a time you turned a negative experience into a positive. Quick role play at the end. They give you a card of bullet points to cover. Be personable and make the conversation natural and your own, instead of just reading off the card. The easiest way to sell yourself is to just be outgoing and non-mechanic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo? Why would you be a good fit, based on your sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer will vary depending on location and experience. I was offered 40k and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview . ask basic questions for fit. Got the job two days later. Simple process but need sales and customers service skills to succeed at the role. Good job for college student looking to gain experience in banking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

countered and accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group interview format. Was with three other applicants and two recruiters. Interview was pretty simple. We watched a corporate video describing the position, and went around the table answering some basic questions. It seemed that the recruiter was not terribly engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you offered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Standard interview. The whole process was straight forward. Essentially, they want to measure your finance and sales skills. Pretty simple and easy process. I would prepare some sales story and how you would engage and have conversation with customers.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applying Online => Online Assesment => Group Interview => One on One with Store Manager => Background Check & Fingerprints => Welcome to Wells Fargo

Interview Questions

• Out of all the candidates, why should I choose you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. There is no negoating.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview initially, followed by group interview, followed by an interview with the store manager. Everyone was super friendly and professional. They really know what they're doing and how to streamline the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How successful do you feel you would be in a sales role?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Martinez, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Internally posted for 21 positions within Wells Fargo for the same position I was in and was offered 1 interview and was declined for the position as they had other qualified candidates.....after 21 years with the bank and 7 years doing this same job position. I should not have had to interview. Wells Fargo should have offerend me a transfer. My customers loved me, respected me and trusted me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

there were only two simple questions:
    tell one story about what is the most embarrassing situation of client service?
    tell one story about successful close-sure of a sales deal