Wells Fargo Personal Banker II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with generic banking questions. Next an email asking dates and times that would be good for a F2F interview at a different location than the one for which I applied. After choosing the date and time, the branch manager from the branch in which I had applied called me to introduce herself and let me know that she was going to send me an email with more details regarding the interview. The email explained what to expect and how to prepare. Went to the F2F interview and met with the branch manager who had called me and another branch manager. The questions were, once again, very generic. Basic knowledge of sales is required along with some questions around ethics. One of the managers was warm and friendly and the other appeared to be distracted because of a situation that was going on in the branch while I was interviewing. At the end of the interview, the friendly manger gave me her card and encouraged me to call with questions. The other manager gave me the "kiss of death" at the end by saying "We still have more candidates that we are going to interview. This was on a Tuesday. By Friday afternoon I was send a generic email from AR letting me know that I was not selected. It was a very sterile and cold environment and I have a feeling that I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you has to coach a colleague?   Answer Question
  • At your last job were you ever in a situation where you witnessed unethical behavior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was average and straight forward. The HR Recruiter wasn't that warm during the process. The interviewer missed the first interview scheduled call and didn't email me until later in the day to reschedule for the next week which happened to be on a Monday. Personally, I feel any interviews at the beginning of the week work against you because most people are dreading the start of the work week. Just my opinion. I feel if the interview had taken place as scheduled, the connection would have been a little better and perhaps the screening would have gone better. I was well prepared for this and surprised I didn't get interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience. Describe for me your sales experience and your prior banking experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone, second interview face-to-face. Their get back time is utterly ridiculous & takes way longer than they tell you they will take. Interview questions had NOTHING to do with the job itself. The scenario was not one of which I feel a huge company like Wells Fargo to be

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are behavior questions, which I think are not a part of the job not its description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Kingsville, TX).

Interview

Applied as a teller at the time and it was smooth and had two managers ask basic questions and then questions revolving about career path. Then after speaking to both mangers they told to step outside and then I came in and I was hired! It took about 1 week for the phone and screening and 3 days for background check

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

group interview, 4 rounds
    all in the same day. from 12pm to 4pm
    Make sure to be ready for all kinds of questions. You will interview with a 2 DM's and 4 Branch Managers.

Interview Questions

• Sell me and cell phone plan or gym membership.
      If you saw a fell team mate struggle with their sales goals what would you do and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

first is the recruiter, then the store manager and you are done. for a teller or PB I you can get the position but for anything other than that they already know who they want to promote. 0% chance
    to get a PB II or service manager if you don't have a good relationship with your manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• how are you gonna hit your numbers?   1 Answer

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview with Recruiting manager, then interview with Branch Manager. I was an internal hire from a PB1 to a PB2, and they took forever to actually give me the promotion that they promised me for MONTHS.

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then face to face interview with store manager, was suppose to have a manager with district manager but that never happened, store manager gave offer after about a month.

Interview Questions

• Typical big corporate interview questions, name your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and within 2 day got a response for a phone interview with the recruiter. Very basic questions( past baking experience, goal, results and why you were looking for a change). Next step was meeting with this branch manger. I met with the manger about 1 week later. I showed up 10 minutes early only to wait about 40 minutes in the lobby ( no big deal) however the manger must have walked by me 10 plus times and never introduced themselves( no big deal again).
    In was finally brought in for the interview with the manage and district manger.
    Interview was about 2 hours long. Questions were perry straight forward( what would you do, how would you handle this situation.) What I was not happy about is how they were asking me questions about the current financial institution I worked for. The questions were extremely unprofessional to ask during an interview and I was extremely uncomfortable. After leaving I was told they would be in touch.
    I sent a email thanking both for the time and interview. About 3 weeks passed and I did not hear anything so I assumed I did not get the position. I placed a follow up email and call and still nothing. 5 week later I the original recruiter called me saying I got the job but not the position I interview for. They explained a internal employee got it. I was ok and happy as I believe you should promote within. Overall I was not happy with the interview process and the unprofessional management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Addison, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with 3 other candidates 30 miles away from my home in a meet and greet setting. The HR Rep stated that I would be recommended to move forward. I had to call them back weeks later. Had a group interview where age was a factor

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my age would be a problem in keeping up with the systems and processes   1 Answer