Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

You will start with a phone interview followed by an in person interview with the branch manager. Then you recieve notice. Process can take up to five weeks before starting. Then 2 weeks of training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a situation of ethical concern and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was positive and friendly. Was asked about previous job experiences. Any customer oriented roles that I may have had previously? Did I have target oriented roles? How often did I meet the numbers? What did my peers think of me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

it took a couple of weeks. started with phone interview and then had face to face interview. Met with two different managers for the in person interview. went through a list of questions mainly about past experiences dealing with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Cerritos, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After a 10 min phone interview with a recruiter, I was recommended to interview with a manager at the branch. The following week, I was scheduled to interview with the assistant Mgr. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I felt it went well. Her response to my answers seemed positive. I was told the recruiter would contact the candidates including the person who would get a job offer. The process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were persistent and it paid off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

it was quick and I felt rushed, and I felt the question I was asked had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I will learn more knowledge to be better prepared for the interview next time.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2017.

Interview

Interview by two branch managers or one branch manager and one service. You are asked a series of questions ranging from customer service, sales experience and tailoring service to needs, to ethical or integrity. Phone screening is basic and panel interviews tend to go better if there is a knowledge on any metricsand examples of personal initiative.

Interview Questions

• Making the right choice can be hard, tell me about a time toy made the right choice even though it personally affected you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Glen Burnie, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face interview questions like how did you handle a situation, taking leadership,handle a aggressive customer,customer service experience I am disappointed no answer back yet after one week from interview sent an email n left message

Interview Questions

• How did you make a decision and take leadership and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seneca, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

They use the STAR method. You are asked to describe a situation and the outcome. They are looking for how you handled the situation that you are given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Met with branch manager and district manager. I waited 45 mins for the district manager to show up. We started the interview by introducing ourselves and going over my resume. We followed with questions regarding behaviors and then some role playing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Waldorf, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

My experience with Wells Fargo was different to say the least. I originally applied for a Personal Banker position back in July 2016, went to a group interview which was basically a discussion about the company, benefits, pay, etc...

I then went to a one on one interview at a local branch. Thought the interview went good but got a call a few days later saying I wasn't chosen. Said ok.. applied again for a Teller position. Went to another group interview but this time I wasnt even chosen for a one on one interview.

Waited 6/7 months and applied again for a Personal Banker position. This time no group interview just a brief call to talk about the position, my interest in it the job, pay, etc. Got scheduled for a f2f interview at a local branch. Interview went extremely well. I was relaxed and comfortable with all my answers. I believe it was due to the fact that in the back of my mind I knew at the end of the day I still had a nice job with a decent pay so I didnt have anything to lose so to speak. It didn't make me cocky just confident in a professional way.

Even though the interview was very structered and the manager had to read specific questions from a paper, we still found a way to make it personable and have a normal convo rather than a boring Q & A. I don't remember the questions exactly but I do believe they were those "STAR" questions everyone talks about.