Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.7

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Met with branch manager and district manager. I waited 45 mins for the district manager to show up. We started the interview by introducing ourselves and going over my resume. We followed with questions regarding behaviors and then some role playing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Waldorf, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

My experience with Wells Fargo was different to say the least. I originally applied for a Personal Banker position back in July 2016, went to a group interview which was basically a discussion about the company, benefits, pay, etc...

I then went to a one on one interview at a local branch. Thought the interview went good but got a call a few days later saying I wasn't chosen. Said ok.. applied again for a Teller position. Went to another group interview but this time I wasnt even chosen for a one on one interview.

Waited 6/7 months and applied again for a Personal Banker position. This time no group interview just a brief call to talk about the position, my interest in it the job, pay, etc. Got scheduled for a f2f interview at a local branch. Interview went extremely well. I was relaxed and comfortable with all my answers. I believe it was due to the fact that in the back of my mind I knew at the end of the day I still had a nice job with a decent pay so I didnt have anything to lose so to speak. It didn't make me cocky just confident in a professional way.

Even though the interview was very structered and the manager had to read specific questions from a paper, we still found a way to make it personable and have a normal convo rather than a boring Q & A. I don't remember the questions exactly but I do believe they were those "STAR" questions everyone talks about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received an online assessment to complete. Once completed it notified me that I would be eligible for an interview appointment but no appointment times were available and I would be emailed if one opened up. Five days later I received an email with an invite to interview with the date and time. I accepted and was sent an email that this was going to be a group interview with other candidates. When I arrived it was evident they were expecting seven to be present but there were only five of us. The group interview was an experience and I chalk it up to that. The recruiter reviewed the position and gave a bit of information on the company. In no particular order we were asked to to answer three questions. Why Wells Fargo? Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and what you did. How do you recognize sales opportunities to cross sell banking products. The process was cold and sterile as when answering you attempt to make eye contact with the recruiter but they were focused on their sheet writing down everything you were saying. It was odd.

Interview Questions

• We were asked if we understood that we are expected to come to work each day and be on time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

They are so desperate for replacements to everybody that has left that they will toss an offer to anyone. My particular branch had a 100% turnover in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• There really were no questions other than when can you start.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process as whole went as smooth as one would expect. Started with a phone call from Wells Fargo discussing basic, situational questions. Then I went in for the actual interview. Common strength and weakness type questions, but Wells mainly wanted to go to know my personality better. In the end, the interview process was fairly painless and what it should be.

Interview Questions

• How would you turn one of your weaknesses into a strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two branch managers, who both toke turn in asking me questions. Note to self: focus heavily on costumer service when doing the interview, because that's what they are focusing on now enhancing costumer experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and wait for a phone interview. Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. They then email telling you if you qualify for an in person interview. In person takes another 30-45 mins

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ontario, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and submitted a personality assessment. After completing that, I was offered the chance to schedule an appointment for a phone interview with the HR manager in the district who asked me about my prior work experience as well as education. I then proceeded to an in-person interview with two branch managers from the district who asked me a series of scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• Name some ways you would sell a banking product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process first began with a phone Interview with the Orange County Recruiter. At the end of our conversation, she provided feedback (use the STAR method) and asked me to do a formal in person interview. The interview involved three branch managers and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are a Personal Banker's top three responsibilities?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Applied online,completed assessment,and few days later had phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter was disorganized, she was covering for another recruiter,as she was out if the office. I was told I would be moving on to the managers if the branches I applied too. Days went by and no word from anyone,so I reached out to the recruiter again. She advised she would look into it and get back to me that same day. No word from her, reached out to the Branch and they never received email from recruiter regarding my interview. Needless to say someone is dropping the ball.