Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

234 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who then asked me several questions relating to Customer Service scenarios and how I would deal with them. She then told me that I passed the first phase of the interview process and told me I should be hearing from a branch manager within 2 days. If I did not, I should call her back. Well, 2 days went by and didn't hear from a branch manager. I called the recruiter back and she then gave me a number of a branch manager to interview with. I had to leave several messages as the branch manager did not call me back. Two days later I tried calling again and this time was connected to him. He told me he was not hiring and that he would pass my information on to another branch manager. I also had a difficult time contacting the next branch manager. This, also, took a few days. I was finally able to meet with him and another employee. They liked my answers and forwarded my resume on to the District Manager. I had an interview set with him. I arrived early and waited a half hour when one of the tellers informed me that he had an emergency and would not be able to make the interview. Another interview was set up and I thought the interview went well.

I did not hear anything for a week and decided to contact the Branch Manager. Once again, I left several messages for him. He did not return my calls so I decided to email him and let him know that I was still interested in the position. He finally called back and told me that the District Manager does not like to hire Personal Bankers from the outside. He prefers to offer the position to inside staff. I would need to start off as a teller. I told him that would be wonderful. He told me he would get back to me and I never heard a word from him again.

I thought the whole process was confusing and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South Gate, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st I took an assesment online, 2nd I recieved an email stating to call recrutting dept, 3rd phone interview with a recruiter, 4 I was invited to a group interview, 5 I was invited to the final step which included 3 one on one branch manager interviews and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• what our some of the challenges of wells fargo?   Answer Question
    • tell me something you have done and that is against company policy, but that you still had to do it just to get the job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

it was quick and I felt rushed, and I felt the question I was asked had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I will learn more knowledge to be better prepared for the interview next time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seneca, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

They use the STAR method. You are asked to describe a situation and the outcome. They are looking for how you handled the situation that you are given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Waldorf, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

My experience with Wells Fargo was different to say the least. I originally applied for a Personal Banker position back in July 2016, went to a group interview which was basically a discussion about the company, benefits, pay, etc...

I then went to a one on one interview at a local branch. Thought the interview went good but got a call a few days later saying I wasn't chosen. Said ok.. applied again for a Teller position. Went to another group interview but this time I wasnt even chosen for a one on one interview.

Waited 6/7 months and applied again for a Personal Banker position. This time no group interview just a brief call to talk about the position, my interest in it the job, pay, etc. Got scheduled for a f2f interview at a local branch. Interview went extremely well. I was relaxed and comfortable with all my answers. I believe it was due to the fact that in the back of my mind I knew at the end of the day I still had a nice job with a decent pay so I didnt have anything to lose so to speak. It didn't make me cocky just confident in a professional way.

Even though the interview was very structered and the manager had to read specific questions from a paper, we still found a way to make it personable and have a normal convo rather than a boring Q & A. I don't remember the questions exactly but I do believe they were those "STAR" questions everyone talks about.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two branch managers, who both toke turn in asking me questions. Note to self: focus heavily on costumer service when doing the interview, because that's what they are focusing on now enhancing costumer experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview

Process takes 1-2 months. I finally got an email back to rsvp to a group interview a month after I applied. I didn't get a phone interview though. It was a group interview where you have 2 hours to grab an interview with a manager and ALSO the district manager. You have to bring two copies of your resume and make sure it stands out if anything. They ask you questions about leadership, how you motivate a team, how you would meet a quota if you are behind, etc.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for questions about reaching a quota and sales.   Answer Question

I had already received another job offer eariler

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After completed the web screening, i received the email sent from the recruiting team to arrange the group interview. The group interview was quite intense, 6 candidates in a group share a round table. The process was quie straight forward, but require u to demonstrate selling skills.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

the hiring process was pretty good, I really enjoyed my interview. I recommend you sell yourself as best possible. You want to mention that you like selling because the job is pretty focused on selling. Describe how you are a personable person and have great customer service. Say you are organized and people oriented.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview. 2nd Phone Interview. Group Interview. In person Interview. Hired and processed background check. No drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Group interview round table style. Each person one by one brought up to sit down in front of the room with Director of Training and Development. Hiring district managers and branch managers sat behind the candidates so your literally facing everyone and all eyes are on you when your name is called. Three of nine people left crying or shut-down under pressure. One question asked, "sell me on the benefits of using an ATM for all your banking."   1 Answer