Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who then asked me several questions relating to Customer Service scenarios and how I would deal with them. She then told me that I passed the first phase of the interview process and told me I should be hearing from a branch manager within 2 days. If I did not, I should call her back. Well, 2 days went by and didn't hear from a branch manager. I called the recruiter back and she then gave me a number of a branch manager to interview with. I had to leave several messages as the branch manager did not call me back. Two days later I tried calling again and this time was connected to him. He told me he was not hiring and that he would pass my information on to another branch manager. I also had a difficult time contacting the next branch manager. This, also, took a few days. I was finally able to meet with him and another employee. They liked my answers and forwarded my resume on to the District Manager. I had an interview set with him. I arrived early and waited a half hour when one of the tellers informed me that he had an emergency and would not be able to make the interview. Another interview was set up and I thought the interview went well.

I did not hear anything for a week and decided to contact the Branch Manager. Once again, I left several messages for him. He did not return my calls so I decided to email him and let him know that I was still interested in the position. He finally called back and told me that the District Manager does not like to hire Personal Bankers from the outside. He prefers to offer the position to inside staff. I would need to start off as a teller. I told him that would be wonderful. He told me he would get back to me and I never heard a word from him again.

I thought the whole process was confusing and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South Gate, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st I took an assesment online, 2nd I recieved an email stating to call recrutting dept, 3rd phone interview with a recruiter, 4 I was invited to a group interview, 5 I was invited to the final step which included 3 one on one branch manager interviews and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• what our some of the challenges of wells fargo?   Answer Question
    • tell me something you have done and that is against company policy, but that you still had to do it just to get the job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two branch managers, who both toke turn in asking me questions. Note to self: focus heavily on costumer service when doing the interview, because that's what they are focusing on now enhancing costumer experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult obstacle. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview

Process takes 1-2 months. I finally got an email back to rsvp to a group interview a month after I applied. I didn't get a phone interview though. It was a group interview where you have 2 hours to grab an interview with a manager and ALSO the district manager. You have to bring two copies of your resume and make sure it stands out if anything. They ask you questions about leadership, how you motivate a team, how you would meet a quota if you are behind, etc.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for questions about reaching a quota and sales.   Answer Question

I had already received another job offer eariler

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After completed the web screening, i received the email sent from the recruiting team to arrange the group interview. The group interview was quite intense, 6 candidates in a group share a round table. The process was quie straight forward, but require u to demonstrate selling skills.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

the hiring process was pretty good, I really enjoyed my interview. I recommend you sell yourself as best possible. You want to mention that you like selling because the job is pretty focused on selling. Describe how you are a personable person and have great customer service. Say you are organized and people oriented.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview. 2nd Phone Interview. Group Interview. In person Interview. Hired and processed background check. No drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Group interview round table style. Each person one by one brought up to sit down in front of the room with Director of Training and Development. Hiring district managers and branch managers sat behind the candidates so your literally facing everyone and all eyes are on you when your name is called. Three of nine people left crying or shut-down under pressure. One question asked, "sell me on the benefits of using an ATM for all your banking."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sarasota, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process is very odd... Phone screening, then a who-is-better group interview, which plays the company off as 100% about the customers and customer service, and then a one-on-one interview at a banking center. At no point was the bank's philosophy conveyed clearly. Group interview portrayed customer service as #1, and the tables turn to sales once in a banking center.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to bring to the table that would make you a good fit for Wells Fargo? (To which my answer conformed to the customer service aspect of the group interview. Came to find out I did not get the job due to a supposed lack of interest in sales. I had worked in sales and held a successful sales position in a competing bank for years prior)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Go in there knowing about the branch you want to work at. Talk about anything and everything you have accomplished in SALES. Managers only care about personality and Sales.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult obstacle and how did you accomplish it?
      Its the end of the quarter and your behind on your numbers what are you going to do to accomplish your sales goals?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

no negatiation on starting salary

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Got call from recruiter who ask a few basic questions, then a panel interview is set with district manager and 2-3 branch managers, using the star process: situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't meeting your sales goals and what you did to turn it around   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they are pretty firm on their offer