Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received an online assessment to complete. Once completed it notified me that I would be eligible for an interview appointment but no appointment times were available and I would be emailed if one opened up. Five days later I received an email with an invite to interview with the date and time. I accepted and was sent an email that this was going to be a group interview with other candidates. When I arrived it was evident they were expecting seven to be present but there were only five of us. The group interview was an experience and I chalk it up to that. The recruiter reviewed the position and gave a bit of information on the company. In no particular order we were asked to to answer three questions. Why Wells Fargo? Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and what you did. How do you recognize sales opportunities to cross sell banking products. The process was cold and sterile as when answering you attempt to make eye contact with the recruiter but they were focused on their sheet writing down everything you were saying. It was odd.

Interview Questions

• We were asked if we understood that we are expected to come to work each day and be on time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Waldorf, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

My experience with Wells Fargo was different to say the least. I originally applied for a Personal Banker position back in July 2016, went to a group interview which was basically a discussion about the company, benefits, pay, etc...

I then went to a one on one interview at a local branch. Thought the interview went good but got a call a few days later saying I wasn't chosen. Said ok.. applied again for a Teller position. Went to another group interview but this time I wasnt even chosen for a one on one interview.

Waited 6/7 months and applied again for a Personal Banker position. This time no group interview just a brief call to talk about the position, my interest in it the job, pay, etc. Got scheduled for a f2f interview at a local branch. Interview went extremely well. I was relaxed and comfortable with all my answers. I believe it was due to the fact that in the back of my mind I knew at the end of the day I still had a nice job with a decent pay so I didnt have anything to lose so to speak. It didn't make me cocky just confident in a professional way.

Even though the interview was very structered and the manager had to read specific questions from a paper, we still found a way to make it personable and have a normal convo rather than a boring Q & A. I don't remember the questions exactly but I do believe they were those "STAR" questions everyone talks about.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Met with branch manager and district manager. I waited 45 mins for the district manager to show up. We started the interview by introducing ourselves and going over my resume. We followed with questions regarding behaviors and then some role playing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview

The process itself took 4 weeks. I applied online, went for a face to face interview with branch manager and assistant branch manager. Two weeks later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and wait for a phone interview. Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. They then email telling you if you qualify for an in person interview. In person takes another 30-45 mins

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Modesto, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had three phone interview with the recruiter. I believed it went well because for each question that I have answered I was getting feed back from him like good answer or awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you have to deal with an irritate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Anchorage, AK) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your sales experience. It's a pretty straightforward conversational interview. They just want to see your personality and whether you know how to connect with people.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview

Easy, fast and friendly and motivated. First was a group interview, then an interview with two managers at a store or branch. After that you have a training for almost 4 weeks at one of their facilities.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview which determined if the company would hire you. One on one interview with either a panel of district managers or branch manager at specific location you'll work at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it?

Typical BS psychological questions to see your behavioral patterns.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

They are so desperate for replacements to everybody that has left that they will toss an offer to anyone. My particular branch had a 100% turnover in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• There really were no questions other than when can you start.   1 Answer