Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

234 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online assessment, phone interview with recruiting, in store interviews with manager & division manager. Recruiter explains job details and submits information via email. Very clear and consistent with communication

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to be adaptable or sell a product/service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online and wait for a phone interview. Phone interview takes about 30 minutes. They then email telling you if you qualify for an in person interview. In person takes another 30-45 mins

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ontario, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and submitted a personality assessment. After completing that, I was offered the chance to schedule an appointment for a phone interview with the HR manager in the district who asked me about my prior work experience as well as education. I then proceeded to an in-person interview with two branch managers from the district who asked me a series of scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• Name some ways you would sell a banking product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process first began with a phone Interview with the Orange County Recruiter. At the end of our conversation, she provided feedback (use the STAR method) and asked me to do a formal in person interview. The interview involved three branch managers and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are a Personal Banker's top three responsibilities?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Applied online,completed assessment,and few days later had phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter was disorganized, she was covering for another recruiter,as she was out if the office. I was told I would be moving on to the managers if the branches I applied too. Days went by and no word from anyone,so I reached out to the recruiter again. She advised she would look into it and get back to me that same day. No word from her, reached out to the Branch and they never received email from recruiter regarding my interview. Needless to say someone is dropping the ball.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and kind of pushy. You apply for certain locations but they place you where your needed with no concern about potential commute times. The process was very long and every time I would apply for a position the recruiter would call me and say it's no longer available but appl to this one and then that one wasn't available. I honest got pretty tired of that along with multiple interviews with 2 people. Not to mention the interviews are all over the city. It just seemed like a lot for 32k a year which was a pay cut to me. I didn't accept the position that was offered because of the distance from my home and it was the 4th location I applied to following the recruiters directions. I was kind of disappointed because I went through so much.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to help a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2016.

Interview

Horrible, group interview with silly questions. Then a second interview with two Center Mgrs. I knew more than they did as far as generating sales. They talked to me as though I were a child.

Interview Questions

• What if it's the middle of the month and you are not on track with your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

first i apply online then i received a email with assesment test i take it and show me at the end a screem to select day and time for interview then recruiter call me to set up a phone interview and then the store manager called me to another interview face to face

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1. Phone Interview, 10-20 minutes
    2. Group Interview with HR, usually interview with 6-7 other candidates, 30 -50 minutes
    3. Group Interview with Managers, select 2-3 candidates from each group and invite to the 3rd interview, 30-50 minutes
    4. Confirm - Phone

Interview Questions

• Share your successful story of developing customer relationship.   1 Answer
    • How will you handle the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR).

Interview

The Interview process was easy and straight forward. I received an invitation to meet with the district manager with talk . He was pleasant and displayed knowledge of what kind of person the bank wanted.

Interview Questions

• how many years have I work in finance?   1 Answer