Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview process is pretty fast. After interview, recruiters are quickly responding back to interviewees to let them know of status.

Interview Questions

• Why come back into the financial field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate if possible

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions

• How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview, a group interview, and a one on one interview. This process is good but it seems for me that if your are educated and well versed you will not be hired. If you have little experience and no education you will be fine. My first was for personal banker then I had an interview for Store manager 2. Who knows what to do with the company.If you lucky enough to get an offer, take it.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy and relative to the positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview which determined if the company would hire you. One on one interview with either a panel of district managers or branch manager at specific location you'll work at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it?

Typical BS psychological questions to see your behavioral patterns.
      Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

it was quick phone interview, then in person with manager and district manager. they used the STAR method for their interview questions. i was called within a few days with an offer. I was 15 min early for my interview and had to wait 30-45 just to be interviewed which was discourageign

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

Way to long, phone interview, group interview, panel interview, individual interview, back ground check, finger prints,

Interview Questions

• No question is hard just be prepare for behavior questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pitts, PA).

Interview

How competitive are you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal you set for yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Escondido, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from regional recruiter. Very friendly. Interviewed in large group; maybe 15-20 people. Long interview process 2 hours, complete with company video, 3 pages of paperwork, question and answer time. During Q and A I began to realize recruiter was looking for aggressive sales minded individuals. Many of the candidates were young, inexperienced in banking and had a difficult time correlating how they could best perform sales in banking after having just come from 'sales' in the food industry. Recruiter interrupted a couple of individuals that lost direction in their answer.

Interview Questions

Offer was only for 20 hours and the drive would take me about 35 minutes to get to the location I was offered. The dollars just wouldn't work out.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I had a one on one meeting with the branch manager, then was hired the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, I will say that you'll get raises, albeit small ones consistently if you hit your numbers.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Behavioral interview usually with 2 managers. First interviewis by phone with recruiter

Interview Questions

• Very specific information of how you handled an objection in the past   Answer Question

Very much sales oriented and I mean units quantity no quality. Found out from people working there that is a sweat shop