Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview which determined if the company would hire you. One on one interview with either a panel of district managers or branch manager at specific location you'll work at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer and how did you resolve it?

Typical BS psychological questions to see your behavioral patterns.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

it was quick phone interview, then in person with manager and district manager. they used the STAR method for their interview questions. i was called within a few days with an offer. I was 15 min early for my interview and had to wait 30-45 just to be interviewed which was discourageign

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

Way to long, phone interview, group interview, panel interview, individual interview, back ground check, finger prints,

Interview Questions

• No question is hard just be prepare for behavior questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pitts, PA).

Interview

How competitive are you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet a goal you set for yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Escondido, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from regional recruiter. Very friendly. Interviewed in large group; maybe 15-20 people. Long interview process 2 hours, complete with company video, 3 pages of paperwork, question and answer time. During Q and A I began to realize recruiter was looking for aggressive sales minded individuals. Many of the candidates were young, inexperienced in banking and had a difficult time correlating how they could best perform sales in banking after having just come from 'sales' in the food industry. Recruiter interrupted a couple of individuals that lost direction in their answer.

Interview Questions

Offer was only for 20 hours and the drive would take me about 35 minutes to get to the location I was offered. The dollars just wouldn't work out.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I had a one on one meeting with the branch manager, then was hired the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, I will say that you'll get raises, albeit small ones consistently if you hit your numbers.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Behavioral interview usually with 2 managers. First interviewis by phone with recruiter

Interview Questions

• Very specific information of how you handled an objection in the past   Answer Question

Very much sales oriented and I mean units quantity no quality. Found out from people working there that is a sweat shop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

all about sales !

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bothell, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

This was a one on one interview with the branch manager for almost an hour at the branch location. They ask you a lot of questions to make sure you are personable and can sell. One of the stand out questions was "sell me this phone". Very Wolf of Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• They handed me a random object and asked me to sell it to them (very Wolf of Wall Street).   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?