Wells Fargo Phone Banker I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Phone Banker I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

Group interview with other people who had applied. First interview went around the lroom and ask everyone the same question. Second interview one on one ask questions about what did you do if a customer did this or that.

Interview Questions

• What did you do for a customer that was angry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Phone Banker I position at Wells Fargo in Birmingham Alabama on November 14th, 2016. The hiring/interview process took a total of 9 days.

On Tuesday, November 15th, I received an e-mail stating that I was eligible to schedule my interview (this one was a group interview). They provided a link with interview times. I had three day options, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday with various times. I confirmed my group interview time and date.

My group interview took place on Friday, November 18th. There were ten people in my group interview, and one interviewer. You sit down at a table, write your name on a name card and place it on your desk so the interviewer can see. Your interviewer(s) will then go through a slide show talking about Wells Fargo, what you should expect from the job, pay, opportunities to advance, etc. There were 3 questions she asked the group, and we answered it one by one. My advice when answering the questions, is to be one of the first few people to answer, and speak clearly and confidently. If you're not sure how to answer, don't stress, let a few people answer before you while you collect your thoughts, and then raise your hand to answer. At the end of the interview she asked us if we had any questions for her. I brought a hard copy of my resume as well as two letters of recommendation, which is something I would suggest. I later found out that they usually don't things like resumes/letters of recommendation in the first interview, but my interviewer was impressed that I brought them, and I was the only one that did. I also think I scored points by bringing a notebook and taking notes on the slides she showed us. Just make sure to close your notebook and place it to the side when answering the questions, or it may look like you're reading your answers. I was also the only person to shake her hand and thank her for her time (that I saw, at least).
    The only question I can actually remember from this interview was to tell them about our experience with computers and how much time we spend on the internet per day.

On Tuesday, November 22nd, I was called and asked to come in for the final interview which would be in person with the hiring managers. I was told to dress business professional, which I went out and bought a brand new suit for (It's important to wear clothes that make you feel confident). I was also told to bring a hard copy of my resume. I read a lot of reviews that said that there can sometimes be three interviewers in your final interview, so I made sure to have three copies of my resume as well as three copies of my letters of recommendation, each in their own individual folder to pass out to however many interviewers were there.

My final interview was on November 23rd, and lasted an hour. They ask a lot more questions in this interview, so be prepared to answer questions for an hour. My interview was with two lovely women who made me feel very comfortable. I was asked a lot of questions that started with "Describe a time when...". They will want specific examples, so make sure to think of possible questions and answers before time.
    I was asked the following:
    "Why Wells Fargo?"
    "Tell us about a time you had to overcome a challenge at work"
    "Tell us about a time you had a difficult situation with a co-worker and how you handled it"
    "Why do you want to be a phone banker?"
    "Tell us about a time a protocol changed and how that affected your job"

They will also ask you questions based on your resume. Be prepared to give them full explanations and examples. Always reiterate your experience in customer service.

I was then called an hour later and was offered the job!! It will be finalized once they get my background check in!

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers and programs, and hours spent on the internet per day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Okay, so...the interview process was relatively easy. We all started off as a small group interview with the recruiter, and once it was complete, we waited on department managers to come and take us for a one-on-one interview. Recommended attire, business casual, because it is a laid back office setting.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for this position moved extremely quick. I applied online through wellsfargo.com/careers on Saturday and by Monday I received an email asking me to select a time for a group interview. The interview was set for that following Monday. My group interview session had 6 people including myself. The recruiter starts of explaining the details of the position, pay rate, hours, WF benefits etc. The recruiter then asks each candidate to give a brief introduction and she asks each person to answer the same three questions (which I will list below). The questions are extremely basic customer service questions, the key is to follow her directions. Each question and what she wants you to explain will be on the board for you so make sure you answer it completely but do not take to long. The interview is subjected to a time limit and each candidate has to answer so keep your answer under 1min or the recruiter will cut you off and get annoyed. A few hours after the interview I was emailed by the recruiter to set up an interview with a hiring manager. This interview was one on one and I was only asked about my work history and work ethic. The following day I was sent an offer of employment. The process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Would you consider your computer skills novice, intermediate, or advanced? Why? How often do you use a computer? What do you search on search engines?   Answer Question
    • 2. Name a sales goal you've met at your job that you are proud of. What was the situation? What did you do? How was your progress measured? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • 3. Name a time you went above and beyond a customers expectations or a time your dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The base pay is 13.19 with and extra $2 for shift differential every hour you work past 4pm.

Phone Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through indeed on a Tuesday and received an email the next day to schedule a group interview. Group interview scheduled for Friday. Group interview had 9 candidates and 1 recruiter asking questions. After group interview received a call 2 days later for second interview. Second interview was one on one with recruiter. Received job offer call 3 days later. Received an email for background check and fingerprints. Then received a call after 2 days to pick scheduling after training. Easy interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a angry customer how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay based on schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I applied on the company website and about a week later I got an email from HR saying I was picked for an interview. When I got there it was obviously a group interview because it was about 10 people waiting along with me. A lady explained the job and the pay and benefits. It was very suort, only about 30 minutes. Then afterwards the same afternoon I received another email saying I was picked for another interview for the following day. This was one on one and my interviewer acted like she didn't want to give me my interview but oh well. It only took about 45 minutes and then I was told I would hear something from HR within the week and behold the same afternoon I got the call I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to be a phone banker?
      What is your career goals while working at Wells Fargo?
      What was a situation where you had to help a very angry customer?
      How would you describe yourself?
      Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and a couple days later got an email to go to the group interview. Then afterwards we were told that we would receive a call for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• describe your computer skills: basic, intermediate, advance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (El Monte, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I got an email to schedule a group interview day and time(Wednesday). I went to the group interview and as soon as it was done the recruiter asked us to step outside one at a time and she asked me if I can come the following day to interview with a manager(Thursday). Next day I interviewed with the manager, both interviews were fairly easy. Just looking back at previous experience. I actually had a really good conversation with the manager. He said it would take up to five days to hear back. I heard back (Friday) and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above expectations for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you offered a product or service and the customer wasn't interested but ended up getting that product or service. How did you get the customer to take the service or product?   Answer Question
    • Rate your computer skills. Basic, intermediate or advanced. What do you use to search online?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Wells Fargo?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the beginning of the group interview they described the pay was 13.60-14.81 depending on experience. I got the highest pay with potential of 15% if you work after 4 p.m. Which is 2.22 more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Roanoke, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview process, the first interview was straight forward then the second interview asks STAR questions. You should prepare for the star questions because they are very specific. Overall the process took 2 weeks and I could have easily gotten the position but I wasn't aware they would ask behavioral questions. I have already applied again for a different position and this time I am prepared for the STAR questions.

STAR questions are behavioral questions which consist of:

Teamwork oriented
    Problem solving
    Initiative/Leadership
    Interpersonal Skills
    Challenge/stress/pressure

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific situation where you had a disagreement with someone and what was the task(what did you have to achieve), what action did you take, and what were the results of that action.   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Interview

There was a group interview with other candidates, upon successfully completing the group interview you would be called a few days later in order to set up an additional interview. The second interview is a little more difficult, it is one on one with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you offered an additional product or service to benefit a customer   Answer Question