Wells Fargo Phone Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Phone Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process is REALLY easy. Its a group interview to start. STILL treat it as if its one on one. Follow directions and direct answers to her. After that I recieved an email to come in the next day for a 1 on 1 pretty badic call center interview questions and the next day I was getting an offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Phone Banker Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, then call back for a face to face group and individual interviews, if hired a background check is done. Once background check is completed six week training is scheduled if hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Homewood, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I filled the application out online two days late I got a email to pick what day and time I could attend the interview it was a group interview when all the candidate enter the room we sat in the chairs we were asked multiply questions one by one while answering the question the lady were typing our answers on a laptop also it was a powerpoint going while she was interviewing us tell use about the job description compensation all that good stuff the interview took close to a hour after the interview was over we were told to wait two days for the supervisor to pick the best candidate we were told to wait for a call if not a call to wait for a thank you email and that was about it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a group interview, which I was selected to go to the next step face to face interview. When interviewing with Wells you must answer with a specifics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a goal that you set and how did you accomplish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Glen Allen, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with the recruiter (my interview only had two other people in it, but it's normally more people). During the first interview, the recruiter basically just gave some examples of what a typical day is like as a phone banker. He also asked us questions to see how we would fit as a Phone Banker. The recruiter will ask you general questions like "Give an example of a time you dealt with a rude customer? What was the result?" "Why do you think you would be a good fit with Wells Fargo?" & "How would you rate your skills using computer software such as Microsoft Office?"

If you're selected to move forward, you will receive a call from the recruiter about scheduling a second interview. (It took two days for them to call me about the second interview, sometimes it may take longer). This interview will be with the district manager. This interview is one-on-one, but you are basically being asked the same questions from the group interview. They will want you to be VERY specific about your sales experience & customer service experience. Be prepared to answer questions about the skills you would bring to the company & your career goals. Try your best to show confidence in your answers, you don't want to give the impression that you're unsure of yourself!

If you're selected to move forward, the recruiter will call & offer you the job. You can choose to negotiate for more money, but it's extremely unlikely that their offer will change unless you have prior banking experience. After you accept the offer, you will be emailed a background check form and you will have to schedule a fingerprint scan. Once everything is cleared you will begin training & officially start your career with Wells Fargo! Hopefully I was detailed enough about the process.. Good luck to all of you!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a rude customer? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit with Wells Fargo   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your skills using computer software such as Microsoft Office?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to my lack of banking experience, I was not able to negotiate the salary they offered me

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Shoreview, MN).

Interview

Group interview first, and when you are selected you get a one on one interview. After that you told the hiring manager will review your everything and give you a call if your qualifications meets business needs. The process took about 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Rocky Mount, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job on the wells fargo website. Two weeks later, I was called for a phone interview. Two days later, the interview was conducted. I spoke to three different people during the interview. They were all very nice. They gave an overview of the job, and jumped right into asking me the normal series of questions about previous job experience and how I handled certain scenarios. The interview lasted for approximately 15 minutes. I was told that more phone screening would be done and if I was the best candidate for the job, they would call me in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you overcame an obstacle and what did you learn?
      When's a time you've dealt with a difficult customer?
      I was asked about previous call center experience (time-frame, goals, stats, requirements)
      Asked about strengths and weaknesses
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Glen Allen, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 30 mins. Same of the same ile questions and some in depth to throw you off. Asked alot of sales based ques so be prepared with prior experiences where you helped sell customers products. Let them know what your customer service sales background will bring to the to Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions

• Name a personal achievement you had while selling a product or service to a customer.   Answer Question

Another job offer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Boise, ID).

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by an HR recruiter (not from the area) to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview happened a couple days later. The day after the phone interview, I got a call asking for an in-person interview, which was one-on-one with one person in mid-mangement in the department. After the interview, I was called a couple days later with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific situations in which you gave good customer service or struggled and what you would have done differently.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Called by an HR rep who asked questions. Then was scheduled a face to face interview. Brought into a room and asked questions by two sales supervisors. Asked questions about you personal and professional background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with organization change.   Answer Question