Wells Fargo Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was very quick and transparent. Application to phone screen took a week. Phone screen to offer took 3 days. The process included a panel interview, which involved 3 individuals who were very personable and professional. I did not learn a lot about the products I would be working on, for secrecy reasons. I did, however, enjoy it and it was mostly conversational style with a focus on behavioral interviewing techniques. But because the ENTIRE PROCESS AND ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE and webex-like online chat/video tools, it was a little disorganized.

Glassdoor forces you to choose a city the interview occurred in. However, the interviewers were in San Francisco but I was in another state. ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE AND WEBEX. I'm told from others at Wells that this is not uncommon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 is you're lenient and understanding, 10 is you're demanding and critical), how do you see yourself as a supervisor and why?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to bring bad news to your boss. What influenced your actions? Could you have improved your handling of the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Many rounds of interviews - very formal process as they ask each candidate the same set of behavioral questions and score answers based on candidate responses. Behavioral questions were not straight-forward as one would expect... very specific. Had interview with recruiter, hiring manager, hiring manager's manager, and then a panel interview with several WF employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a risky decision and relied on input from others to execute.
      Walk me through how you have approached working with a new product or program, from concept to launch.
      Name a time you have had to change direction based on executive or leadership and how you handled that.
      What was your biggest goal for 2016 and how have you worked to achieve it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions in a panel setting. Had one phone interview, one in-person 2 on one, and then a final interview with the hiring manager 1-1. It was relatively standard and everyone was thoroughly helpful throughout.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you collaborated across business lines to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. About as dry as it gets, very scripted questions, no flow of conversation, took about 35 minutes, she then read a mile of information about the company, position, and manager. Said they would notify all candidates in one week as to whether they were moving on or not, didn't hear anything. 1.5 months later got an email saying candidacy was terminated - um, duh?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with management team and the fellow team members. Started with the phone screening interview and moved on to the 2 rounds of in office interview. The enter interview process was very efficient and organized.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview

Fast process oriented, somewhat rudimentary, not a lot deeper than tell me about yourself, here's the job and do you have any questions for me. It might have been more beneficial to ask for work samples or something inventive. I wouldbt have minded a quiz or test to get a little deeper into my process knowledge. I am not sure if the objective was much more than is this candidate thumbs up for this role or not?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

3 Interviews with different Product Managers
    Straightforward Product Management questions and went over Resume and different scenarios (how did you tackle incompatible teammates in this project, how did you handle delays in milestone dates, what new changes did you recommend or put in action during your time at this company).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with two employees that held the same position I was interviewing for. That lasted about 30 minutes and went pretty smooth. Had another interview the next week in their office. The hiring manager was out on maternity leave so I had to interview with three other employees who basically just fired off question after question. It seemed like they had already made their decision before the interview even started. I answered all questions in a succinct manner and had plenty of relevant experience. Found out the next week I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking to high level executives.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Be prepared for a very detailed, tough interview as Wells Fargo receives many qualified applicants. They focus on the Behavioral Interview Process and are interested in hearing about how your previous work and life experience applies to how you handle work situations.

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate once you receive the offer.