Wells Fargo Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Easy phone interview, then inperson interview with 2-3 people only took 1hr

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult - asked about how you would handle difficult situations, typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

none- contract you get what you get.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone screen and in person with the hiring manager and right-hand manager. Phone interview was a review of experience for the position. Time was available to ask questions and closed with an opportunity to move to an in-person interview.

In person interview--objective was to meet in person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were classic functional knowledge and situation scenario. Detected frustration with the change process and focused my answers on positive tactics I've used to develop relationships and support for tool and processes that don't always make sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I had a phone interview with the manager of the department and then followed up by an in person interview. I did know someone that worked there and had a referral which is pretty much the only way an outside candidate stands a chance.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my personal interests which to me seemed not important to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was given the offer and took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

This company uses the STAR interview process (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) - behavior

Interview Questions

• explain when you went above and beyond job to assist a customer   1 Answer

got another offer that paid better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company for a 6 month contract assignment. I was told it was PM work related to their Fraud applications and provide a generic job requisition.

When we had the interview, it was not as advertised. They actually wanted someone who could work indefinitely doing program management and release management tasks. Love Wells Fargo's entrepreneurial ethic, but think they tend to use contractors more as low cost FTEs for which they cannot get a budget. So, what was described to me by the recruiter and what was discussed in the interview were significantly different and I found the interview to be a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in Unix and performing release management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2010.

Interview

Recruiter submitted me to Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo expressed interest and scheduled a teleconference interview. Two people asked me questions for an hour. I asked the interviewer if they would like any clarification on any of the answers and they stated that they did not. Most of these questions seemed to point to how I would deal with a project that was behind schedule and people that were uncooperative. They then stated to the recruiter that I did not provide enough detail. I was then told that they wanted a second interview and was not told who my contact persons are. I got the same two people asking more of the same questions for another hour. I was then told that another candidate was selected. I also learned that this project was 2 weeks behind and that a P.M. was supposed to be hired two moths prior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your communication skills were not as good as they should have been.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a project that is behind schedule?   2 Answers
    • The developers have developed the application and it does not meet the business requirements (the business side is unhappy). The developers do not want to redo the application, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I found out about the job from a WFA employee. I applied for the job on WFA website and received a email from the hiring manager within two weeks. During the interview they asked a series of questions and contacted me by the end of the week to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that sets you apart from other canadites.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2015.

Interview

Multiple screening and phone interviews leading up to panel interview. Candidate was provided a scenario and instructed to conduct a 30 minute mock project planning meeting including PowerPoint presentation. Panel then questioned the candidate asking several situational "what if" questions. Interview was designed to test the candidates meeting facilitation skills, presentation skills and "solutions/decisions" to hypothetical situations one might encounter on the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest moment?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if 2 resources left the project team in the middle of a project?   2 Answers
    • What if the business wanted to add scope during the execution phase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was one of the hardest that I've experienced in this industry. Interviewers asked a lot of behavorial type questions. They also asked me to provide sample reports and examples of my work in previous roles.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process/practice you implemented that didn't work out as planned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great behavioral questions that made an hour fly by. There were about 10 questions and each of the panel members asked 2 questions. The interviewers were very thorough. 1 was in the office and the other 4 were on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Would have you done to influence change within your organization.   Answer Question