Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Provo, UT | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Provo, UT

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was at the bank with at least the bank manager present. Formal attire but slightly informal interview. Most questions asked concerned the bank and why you desired to work there. Other questions involved business ethics questions to make sure you would be a trustworthy employee. They like problem solvers, those that can perform simple math in their head, and someone that is very customer satisfaction oriented.

Interview Questions

• If you found a stack of money on the ground, what would be your initial reaction?   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was promoted within the same branch after the previous lead teller was promoted. The decision to hire me was mostly made before the job listing was posted. Interviews were only a formality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orem, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

Group interview. After being screened as a possible candidate online, you get an email to schedule a group interview. There are different branch managers sitting in.

Interview Questions

• The fact that it is a group interview can be nerve wracking. If you have an issue talking in front of a group, keep in mind that this is not a small group of 5 or 6. There were at least 15 other candidates in my group and I think 5 that didn't show up, so there should have been as many as 20. That is on top of the 8 managers that sat in.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orem, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

There were a bunch of people in the same room with 3 managers looking to hire for different branch locations. It included roleplay scenarios and a secondary interview with the branch manager after we passed the initial phase. Once one of the managers asks you to consider a position in their branch, the other managers cannot extend an offer of employment until you reject the first offer. This makes it hard to tell if you can give up a position that is offered to you at a location that you would rather not work in because you don't know if the other manager will extend an offer until after you turn down the first offer. This causes individuals to accept positions in locations that they would rather not work at out of fear that it will be the only offer you will get.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a new product to your customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do you want the job or not? There wasn't much negotiation.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Orem, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

You apply online and immediately after if they like your application they will call you. You speak with the interviewee on the phone and they ask you qualifying question that are basic and easy. If you answer correctly they schedule a group interview with you. It is set up as a panel and managers from numerous stores who are looking to hire attend. They listen, take notes and discuss with each other afterwards. If you meet what they are looking for they will call you and set up a one on one interview. This is your final interview with the manager that you will be working under. Here is where the questions get more specific to your actual job duties. If you pass here they will call you and offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• Does Wells Fargo have hidden fees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You don't really negotiate, but my wage was reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, I received a pre-screening call. I was asked of my most recent employment, my work experience in sales and customer service, why I wanted the job, and how I have handled disgruntled customers. The phone interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. I was told at the end that I was invited to a group interview at a WF location during the next week. There were 15-20 applicants at the group interview, all of which were external applicants. There were a few branches in the area looking for tellers, so a few managers were there from different locations. We were asked to introduce ourselves, share any languages that we knew, share why we wanted to work with WF, share our greatest sales accomplishment, then we were put into groups to prepare a sales presentation of a bank product of choice. Lastly, we listened as we were told a little bit about the history and culture of WF and some of the benefits of being a WF employee. Comments were encouraged, but it was easy to tell that those that had comments about everything brought eye-rolling to the HR and reps and managers present.
    Those in the group interview either pass or fail. The profiles and comments of those that passed are available to managers in the area. They are also ranked 1 to last by one or more of the managers present.
    After the group interview, if you passed, you will likely get a call from one or more service managers in the area to set up one on one interviews in the next day or two. This interview will likely consist of questions about your experience in customer service, cash handling, and sales. They will ask questions of how you would handle situations common in bank settings... sales, angry customers, workplace behavior, etc.
    You will receive a call from an HR rep to inform you if you have been offered or not offered the job. They'll tell you the hourly wage and ask if you accept the offer. If you accept the job, your store manager will contact you sometime afterwards to determine start dates and schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating takes place here. You'll receive a little extra if you can speak a foreign language beneficial to the bank.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Provo, UT) in November 2009.

Interview

I already was an employee at another branch but the questions they ask are all uniform... they ask you about sales experiences you have had. Customer service experiences. Mostly behavioral questions and questions to find out about your personality and goals. They want to know if you can handle multitasking and long lines of people. It was a fairly straight-forward interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you exhibited good customer service?   1 Answer