Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Received three phones calls and two emails in less than an hour. The recruiter kept contacting to provide availability times before I could even respond.

I provided my availability and the recruiter called me twice to reschedule because the other recruiter was not ready.

The recruiter who did the phone interview called me 15 minutes late and never apologized. He said he was on the East Coast and did not know the time difference and got confused. He started with asking me to describe my perfect job and experience. Each time after I spoke, he would say 'let's see what kind of questions I should ask next' and fill the silence with awkward laughter and filler words. He sounded exasperated at the end and didn't have anymore questions.

I asked him what the culture is like in that group and he couldn't answer that question. He didn't know how to answer it and spent 5 minutes going around in circles. I still don't know exactly what he was trying to get at.

I then asked what is the hiring manager and work dynamic like. The recruiter would not answer. At the very end he apologized for his rambling and said I would hear back in three days.

I never heard back so I emailed the first recruiter. She said the position didn't have the budget to hire someone. They should have told me in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?
      What is your experience with fraud analysis?
      Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The branch's manager and his assistant approached the interview, faking being casual, and n0-big-deal. Then, after revealing myself, warts and all, and my superior strengths, they came down on me, picking apart and in battle-mode.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my former employer?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Went through a temp agency, Apple One. Once Wells Fargo had my resume, I had a short interview, then had to get some background work done (including going to outside company for fingerprinting).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working on two month contracts?   1 Answer

Quality Monitor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a typical phone screen asking about my past experience and expectations for the rest of the process. After about a week I was sent an invite for the interview. The interview itself is typical behavioral based questions. Interviewers were buried deep in their computers and typing away, there was no eye contact. They then used a recruiter to interview my current manager and because my manager did not want to lose me, they turned me down for the position.

Collections Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Takes a week for you to find if your hired or not must pass criminal background be over 18 you do a phone interview and you interview with 2 other different people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial one-site - one-on-one with hiring manager basic interview with questions about work history, general STAR - situation/task,/action/result questions;
    Follow-up phone interview with regional coordinator, for basic get to know you conversation;

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a role requiring you to adapt to a new product, procedure or technology?   Answer Question

Financial Crimes Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

HR phone call to ask about availability. Interview with two supervisors at the office. Each took turns asking questions from a pamphlet, so the answers were all super corporate. Off topic conversation was OK as long as it related to banking. Prior banking background a huge plus. Talk about different types of transactions and how you're good with computers and you'll be golden.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a customer you were helping was upset with the company/product and what you did to address their concerns   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter didn't seem to care whatsoever about the interview. She basically read from script & asked me generic questions. No engagement at all. After the phone call she told me that she would pass my resume on to the hiring team & if I didn't hear back in 3-5 days then I can consider myself denied.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, very friendly, many questions, a lot of explanations, three interviewers at different times, had to apply online, open interviews every Tuesday 9am-4pm, very inviting, looking for high energy personalities.

Interview Questions

• what experiences I've had negotiating to benefit both parties   1 Answer

Operations Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews in person.There were two interviewers for the first interview. Second interview there were three interviewers. Regular interview opened ended questioning asking you to describe your talents, weaknesses, and achievements.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you went above and beyond   1 Answer