Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Del Mar, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

applied online, received a phone call from the talent acquisitions team member. Was later contacted by branch manager for another phone interview, which led to a face to face interview with the branch manager and her team.

The branch manager was extremely condescending throughout the entire interview process. I was asked what i thought about the current Wells Fargo scandal, I told her that some of the activities in question did not seem ethical. She seemed distraught by my answer and kept emphasizing that Wells Fargo is a stand up organization. I never said that it wasn't...

She then started talking about how she was doing customers a favor by pushing their loans through during the sub-prime lending crisis back in 2007 and 08. Interesting statement because majority of those customers ended up in foreclosure and/or bankruptcy.

I then withdrew myself from the candidate pool, I do not want my name associated with this group.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after filling out the personality survey I immediately picked a time for my group interview. There were about 8 people total in the interview and there were two staffing specialists who were conducting the interview. I normally don't do well in group interviews but I found this one to be very easy and fairly laid back. Since my interview was on a Thursday I didn't hear anything back until the following Wednesday. One of the staffing specialists gave me a specific location to apply to and I heard back from the branch manager within a day or two. I went in for my 1 on 1 interview which I found very difficult. It was with the branch manager, the district manager, and one other pearson, possibly the lead teller but I was never told. They asked similar questions to what they asked in the group interview but we're very serious and it was hard to gauge whether or not I was doing well in the interview. A few hours after my interview the staffing specialists called to tell me I got the job and that she would send me the information for my background screening the following Monday. I set my appointment to get my fingerprints done and have yet to hear back a weeks later. From what I read this could possibly be a long process especially considering it's the holidays and the staffing specialists may not be in these next two weeks. I have emailed about my status but have yet to hear back. I regret putting my two weeks in so soon at my current job because I'm worried it might be another week or two before I can start my training.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

you get a group interview if qualified from the online application. From there a recuiter will give you a call and schedule a group interview from there you are selected to different branches in the area. If you make you get interview by branch managers who don't really care they just want sales and you can sell accounts and alot of who knows who when you get hired. I had a total of 4 interviews all which ended in I was a top two candidate which is dumb if that was the case after the 2nd and 3rd you would think a top candidate would get a job. it's part time so just be willing to be spin less and work there part time hours and move up. Also ask what you did wrong if your not chosen for the job. Most likely it will be bs and give you the run around. They just want sales on accounts and have references they hire just friends and people who have connects

Interview Questions

I declined because a branch manager lied on the phone when i asked about talking to her on how the interview went i recognized her voiced and called her out and she was embareesed. it was a spineless job they hype you up but reality they offer you part time so you can't really make a career out of it.

Temporary Receptionist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (La Jolla, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Receptionist hospitality was exceptional. Waited in lobby until the hiring manager arrived, around 10 minutes. The manager came out of the office and extended equally exceptional hospitality to me. I was directed into a conference room and, again, was offered coffee, tea or water. The manager was very friendly; the interview was completely relaxed. I was asked about my previous work experience; and, a few personal questions about some of my experience that perked the manager's interest. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.
    We then discussed the schedule and the job description, which was part time and a very short assignment. I had a previous appointment that conflicted with one of the work dates; and, unfortunately that was the deal breaker.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Group Interview then branch interview, assigned to preferred branch locations by HR. usually 3days after group interview would know further information. If not hired, HR would keep looking the hiring branches.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter. Quick phone interview, less than 15 minutes. Soon after I received phone calls from managers that wanted to interview me. Straight forward and simple interview. I believe I did things a bit backwards though because you are supposed to do a group interview first before you do an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the first steps I took was going online and creating an account on the careers page for Wells Fargo. I applied to multiple positions and I received an email with interview times to choose from. The interview I attended was a group interview with seven other candidates, including the recruiting officer. The recruiter asked us three questions and we had to answer them in STAR format (Situation, Action and Result). The recruiter then told us that they would call us if they want us, or they would send an email if they did not feel we are fit for the position. Fortunately, I received a phone call and a few more afterwards. Currently I am waiting to have an interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer interaction. What did you do to resolve the issue? What did you learn about yourself afterwards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, you will fill out a simple and short questionnaire. Then, the interviewer will introduce him/her self. Then, the interviewer will talk about the company and the role as a teller. Lastly, you'll introduce yourself to the whole group.

Interview Questions

Declined my offer because it wasn't the right fit for me.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Escondido, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was an internal hire, so i started off as a teller and got promoted to a banker. I applied online first and submitted my resume. They have a phone interview first which you have to pass to move forward. Then you have an interview with the District Manager and a select few other managers, SOMETIMES they will have you meet with your store manager last and have a final interview with him/her. Mine did not go that way, i did not meet my branch manager till after my training was complete. After the final interview they call you after about a week and give you the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a banker? Tell me about a sales experience you have had? Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you overcome it? Tell me about a time you made a customer very happy.   1 Answer

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Great 2 sets of interviews. They ask about the past and future goals.they want examples of s pacific events. Overall normal interview and I enjoyed the people interviewing me.