Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

No phone pre screen. In person interview with hiring manager plus speaker phone interview with another manager. Some technical questions with first one. Mostly situational questions with second one. One hour total.

Interview Questions

• If you were assigned two high priority tasks with the same deadline, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Concord, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interviewer just knew he was assigned to interview me, started to take look resume after I came in. The second interviewer joined in middle, and left earlier before end.
    Not feel good about the whole process, wasted my half day and transportation cost.

Interview Questions

• General .NET, C# and OOP questions, including Async, WCF, Design pattern...   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Concord, CA).

Interview

Multiple interview format .A questionnaire for initial selection . Then phone interview with the recruiter . Interview with the manage over the phone.Another interview with team and managers. The interview process was long and the decision process was slow . However the overall experience was quite professional. The process and competition is tough

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A technical interview by two tech leads and later, a personality interview by the director.

Wells Fargo indicated that I had passed all interviews and needed just one more short "getting to know you" interview with upper management. That person never participated in the phone call. Rather, they ambushed me with yet another 45-minute technical and personality interview and asked me to defend the one negative comment on me they managed to dig up.

The next day, they told the recruiter that they no longer had the budget for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a staff member does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Technology Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 people. It lasted one hour. The atmosphere was friendly. Each asked a question in their turn. It was a mix of management and technical interviewers.

Business Systems Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Mid April, HR phone screen followed by Manager and 2 reports phone interview (20th or so of April), did well - heard good answer from team, felt good, then within week had second interview scheduled, wasn't as good as first, 2 other business partners, they seemed more trying to get under skin, and I kept calm, but wasn't as good as first interview (end of April). I sent a follow up thank you email within a few days to hiring manager reiterating my interest and fit for position (beginning of May). Heard back immediately that mgr was going to discuss with HR by end of week, (first week in May). Now in first week in June, still show up as Interview in system. I should let it go, but was wondering if anyone may have gotten a job as maybe second backup candidate heading towards 8 weeks, maybe possibly manager pushing into a new quarter for hire, so they have longer to make certain required deadlines for MRAs?? So I am not out totally (it doesn't say Withdrawn or Declined), but obviously at this stage, really cannot expect that will get a greenlight.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do? Other usual behavioral questions about past roles and how you did a great job.   1 Answer

CAO Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Corporate Communications manages external communications, including media and public
    relations. The group also sets internal communication strategy and produces enterprise
    communications. They manage the corporate intranet, email communication and video
    production, including a weekly news broadcast.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was very quick and transparent. Application to phone screen took a week. Phone screen to offer took 3 days. The process included a panel interview, which involved 3 individuals who were very personable and professional. I did not learn a lot about the products I would be working on, for secrecy reasons. I did, however, enjoy it and it was mostly conversational style with a focus on behavioral interviewing techniques. But because the ENTIRE PROCESS AND ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE and webex-like online chat/video tools, it was a little disorganized.

Glassdoor forces you to choose a city the interview occurred in. However, the interviewers were in San Francisco but I was in another state. ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE AND WEBEX. I'm told from others at Wells that this is not uncommon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 is you're lenient and understanding, 10 is you're demanding and critical), how do you see yourself as a supervisor and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to bring bad news to your boss. What influenced your actions? Could you have improved your handling of the situation?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then joint interview with hiring manager and additional employee on the team. Fairly easy process, but hearing back on the process took more time than it should have.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Wells Fargo in that particular group?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with a one-hour writing exam that was a case study. And then a rotation of four interviews either one on one or panel type. The questions were mostly behavior based with some technical (accounting) questions. The questions are a regurgitation of what is already posted on this site. Really go over the basics of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your deadline was significantly moved up.   Answer Question
    • If accounts receivable goes up how does this affect cash flow?   Answer Question