Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview . ask basic questions for fit. Got the job two days later. Simple process but need sales and customers service skills to succeed at the role. Good job for college student looking to gain experience in banking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

countered and accepted

Technology Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of 4 people. It lasted one hour. The atmosphere was friendly. Each asked a question in their turn. It was a mix of management and technical interviewers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Concord, CA).

Interview

Multiple interview format .A questionnaire for initial selection . Then phone interview with the recruiter . Interview with the manage over the phone.Another interview with team and managers. The interview process was long and the decision process was slow . However the overall experience was quite professional. The process and competition is tough

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then joint interview with hiring manager and additional employee on the team. Fairly easy process, but hearing back on the process took more time than it should have.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Wells Fargo in that particular group?   Answer Question

Human Resources Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was really bad. There is never any follow up. Hard to know if the position has been filled because they don't email you to tell you if you have been passed over.

Interview Questions

• How have you turned a difficult situation to your favor.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1) HR phone call asking basic questions on resume/pay rate/visa status etc
    2) Tech phone call (30 min call)
    3) One onsite round for an hour (2 senior team members were on the interview panel)

Interview Questions

• The interview was ok. Neither too easy but nor too tough. Questions were asked on previous projects and how I handled certain situations. Which tools I used to complete those tasks etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was very quick and transparent. Application to phone screen took a week. Phone screen to offer took 3 days. The process included a panel interview, which involved 3 individuals who were very personable and professional. I did not learn a lot about the products I would be working on, for secrecy reasons. I did, however, enjoy it and it was mostly conversational style with a focus on behavioral interviewing techniques. But because the ENTIRE PROCESS AND ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE and webex-like online chat/video tools, it was a little disorganized.

Glassdoor forces you to choose a city the interview occurred in. However, the interviewers were in San Francisco but I was in another state. ALL INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED VIA PHONE AND WEBEX. I'm told from others at Wells that this is not uncommon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 is you're lenient and understanding, 10 is you're demanding and critical), how do you see yourself as a supervisor and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to bring bad news to your boss. What influenced your actions? Could you have improved your handling of the situation?   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A technical interview by two tech leads and later, a personality interview by the director.

Wells Fargo indicated that I had passed all interviews and needed just one more short "getting to know you" interview with upper management. That person never participated in the phone call. Rather, they ambushed me with yet another 45-minute technical and personality interview and asked me to defend the one negative comment on me they managed to dig up.

The next day, they told the recruiter that they no longer had the budget for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a staff member does not pull his weight?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview shortly after. Only made it to the phone interview but it's your typical customer service interviewing questions. For me the interview didn't last long and the person interviewing me didn't seem interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a unsatisfied customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First a networking event, second a OCR 30 minute interview, third a superday consisting of four 30 minute interviews (1 with analyst, 1 VP, 1 VP, 1 MD) & a 1 one hour case study.