Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process goes through a pre interview screening which lasts about 10 minutes, and if you pass that a manager will reach out to set up an in person interview which will last about an hour. If you get the job you will be contacted by the recruiter. If you get a call from a manager, that's bad.

Interview Questions

• Will ask questions about your past sales experience and customer service experience. How you handled difficult situations, and if you were able to turn around and make the customer happy. They are going to want to know how you work in a team setting and what you strive for as an employee.   2 Answers

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Group interview of about 6 possible candidates everyone gets a turn to answer the same questions each question have about 3 questions in them. Dress in business attaire. After the group interview they take you one by one into a room and then they let you know if you get a second interview. In my case they said I was a candidate for a second interview and that they would call me in 1-2 days however they took a little over a week to call me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name something you achieved that made you proud and how did you accomplish it   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Exhaustive but professional interview process -- met 5 people over 2 separate calls/3 in-person meeting, before background checks and reference checks, which took 6 weeks end to end. All interviewers asked the exact same questions, very scripted, so they could compare all candidates 1:1. This felt very rigid and "cookie cutter", but the people on the other side of the table were all very friendly, and the questions were good, deep, probing, and challenging, to give them an idea of how I thought "on my feet". Not for lightweights!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make at work recently. What was the problem, what steps did you take to analyze your options... then how did you decide, what was your decision, and how did it work out?   Answer Question

Corporate Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, received email from recruiter scheduling phone interview about 2 weeks after submitting online job profile. I did not have much finance experience and was rather surprised to get a follow up email. I was however not placed in the West Coast office location I was hoping to be placed at.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q: Tell me about a personal or professional situation where you experienced conflict and how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dublin, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with recruiter,all generic questions like why wells Fargo, how would you handle an angry customer and the likes.after a week was scheduled for an interview at the branch with branch manager and operations head and after about 4weeks got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position using their corporate website; then I got an e-mail asking to complete my online screening within next 48 hours. Then I got an email asking to choose the date and time of the telephone interview. The interviewer called exactly on time, was friendly, and asked some basic simple questions. It took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to attend two weeks of full-time required training? Tell me about your background. Do you have cash handling experience? Do you have customer service experience? Tell me about the most challenging interaction with customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Systems Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was very easy, they asked me all the basic questions regarding the testing techniques and few ream time scenarios and few questions related to functional and non functional aspects in mobile testing. Overall interview is easy and process took 7 days. First round is technical phone round and second round is in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Test plan, Real time scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online and as soon as I completed the application I was invited to complete an online assessment. Once I passed the assessment I was able to schedule a group interview. Attended the interview, the Interviewer said she would contact us regarding whether or not we would be receiving the position. She said we'd be hearing back either way. And then i never heard back.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter through phone. It was a very traditional behavior interview. And a few more admin questions. Recruiter was nice, and questions were not very difficult, like there were picked from a school interview prep book.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background where fit in this position   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Selected to attend Wells Fargo's Wholesale Banking Leadership Forum in early November. On the last day of the forum, had 6 interviews with different the summer programs and divisions of the wholesale bank. Standard 30 minute interviews, mostly behavioral with a few technical questions asked for investment banking, commercial real estate, and corporate finance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you had to persuade people and what the outcome was.
      Tell me about a time you worked as part of a group/team.
      Why are you interested in Finance / Investment Banking / Commercial Banking / CRE.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Explain the 3 Financial Statements and how they link together.
      What methods would you use to value a business.
      Walk me through a DCF.
      Why would a company chose debt over equity.
      How would $100,000 of debt impact the 3 financial statements.
      Answer Question

Was not given the location I would be working (Charlotte, SF, NYC, Los Angeles, Houston, etc) until after an event in January. Also, had another offer with within the bank.