Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I got an invite to take a Prescreen / Questionnaire. After this, I was told to schedule a self-scheduled phone interview. After that, the recruiter told me she would recommend me to the branch manager for an in person interview. Two days later, the branch manager of the store that I applied for reached out to me asking to schedule an in-person interview. It was a panel interview that lasted for about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.
      Tell me a time when you had to meet a goal.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview. Thank god for me I was the only one that showed up. You answer 3 questions and then they let you know if you passed or not. If you do pass then you get set up to speak w the manager of the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a personal goal you had and what did you learn   Answer Question
    • Give an example you made a point to go above and beyond with your service   Answer Question
    • Talk about a successful sales experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview. The only way to get an interview was to wait for the email to sign up for the interview slots. They usually fill up really fast so once you get that email, sign up right away! After that, you're interviewed with a group of people.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your sales experience and how you handle customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, passed the screening and then set up a group interview online! The group consisted of myself, 4 others, and the recruiter. It was more informational than anything, with 3/4 interview questions. Because I couldn't start until the first of July I didn't receive an immediate call back/email, but I reached out to the recruiter who told me she was interested in following up with a second interview closer to when I can start. I just had my second interview yesterday, and it was suppose to be a panel, but turned out to be just myself and the service manager. I'm confident that I'll be getting a call from my recruiter with an offer!

Interview Questions

• There is a long line of clients in line, and one man comes to your station very agitated. He tells you that he has made a deposit with another teller earlier in the week, but it never posted to his account. He has multiple bounced checks and is extremely unhappy. How would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Teller I Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to about 6 different locations online, first got a rejection email then got another email about a week later stating to sign up for an interview time. My interview was from 10:30-12 at the regional headquarters nearest me; the email said to wear business professional which for women is slacks and a blazer with a blouse. In my group interview there were only 5 people including myself so it was very small and not as threatening as a larger group would've. They asked us to come to the back and to sit in the conference room. There were papers at half the seats and they asked us to sit at the spots with papers. We then filled out a survey with basic questions that were on the application. They left the room to finish the surveys and came back a few minutes later. There was a district manager along with a manager from one of the local stores there, the district manager went through a power point slide with the visions and values along with basic info such as days they're open and how long the training is (2 weeks of full time training you must do), then went on to 3 basic questions and went around the table to answer them one by one. Then after we were done with the questions she finished the power point slide and the interview was over. She told us we would be contacted within the next two weeks. I got a call less than a day later for my second interview which is for tomorrow, with the same attire but at the local branch they wanted me to work at.

Interview Questions

• What was a goal you have achieved?
      What is an achievement you're proudest of?
      When was a time you had to defuse a situation with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online though wellsfargo website,which directed me to an online test, passed it, and right away the system allowed me to chose a phone interview. I prepared myself for any sales and costumer service questions they might ask. I was phone interviewed , and since I did well I was called the next week for a in person interview with the branch manager. I was hired there . So excited!Yey me!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time a time you handled a costumer
      They ask about the experience you have that relates to the job.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with the recruiter roughly 10 minutes got a phone all the same day for an in person interview with the hiring manager for the following week found out I got the jobs a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you uncover a customers needs   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations other than my start day the pay they offered said it was the best they could do, which I was happy with because it was much more than I expected

Wells Fargo Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Campbell, CA).

Interview

Branch manager as well as the assistant store manager interviewed at the same time asking various questions regarding sales and looking over resumes. Teller experience was important to them and CSSR experience was helpful in getting this promotion.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client is waiting in the lobby and someone walked up to you for a banking question? Who would you help first   1 Answer

CSSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Went to an in person interview with the manager at the branch. The questions were based on past experience and why I was seeking employment there. They also asked about my goals.

CSSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and about 2 weeks later a HR rep called me to do a phone interview. After we set up a time to speak, she interviewed me and let me know that she would pass along my resume and have the branch manager call me to set up an interview. I interviewed at the branch that week and about 5 days later I got a call from HR to offer me the job. I tried reaching out to them about 2-3 days after the interview but all voicemail. I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer.
      What is your sales experience?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I had no prior bank experience but had sales experience that I would start at the base rate for CSSRs but could be promoted easily if I met my goals.