Wells Fargo Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied and heard back about a month later. initial phone screen with HR went well and then followed a call with the hiring manager. That call also went well so they brought me in for the full day (10am -6pm) interview. I believe I met with 8 or 9 people, including 2 of them for lunch. It appears that each interviewer is there to test a skill/personality of some sort. First was to see if I can mesh well with the company, second was to test my interpersonal skills, third was to get an understanding of what I used to do, fourth was to see how I handle different situations. There were several more interviews but the one I will never forget is the guy who tested my technical skills. He was supposed to be a finance wiz who is also very good with spreadsheets (which he very well could be) but when I explained to him what I used to do, he looked puzzled and made some remarks that weren't remotely true of the industry I used to work in. So when it came down to showing him how I used to do things on the whiteboard, I took a very sky high approach to explain the inner workings. That worked against me as I did not get the position for the reason being I wasn't as sharp in finance as they thought I was. Lesson here (for future interviewees) is to never assume and even when they look like they don't have a clue about what you're talking about, crush them even it means using finance lingos, greeks and statistical analysis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Eagan, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview consist of 3 rounds.
    The 1st round will be techincal , the 2nd round also will be techincal albiet to a bigger panel and the 3rd round will be managerial and techincal.
    If you are through the 1st two round and dont mess big time in the 3rd round you are almost through.

Interview Questions

• Gfor Microst related technolgies.Grid vew , Row data bound events.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about the average salary you are given for that position and negotiate for the same.
    The salary growth in the company is not upto industry benchmark so negotiate for a higher salary

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was quite sharp on point. They ask you what exactly you do in your present environment and evaluate you based on that. And very specific on the roots of your basic knowledge

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult task you handled in recent past and why did you find it difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they have certain bench marks and negotiation happens in rare cases

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was campus recruitment. The process included an online aptitude exam, followed by an offline coding round of about 30mins. Those selected had an interview the next day. The students were selected based on the minimum cutoff of each round, both aptitude and coding. Around 20 students out of 50-60 were selected and total 10 students were recruited. 8 from Computer Science, and one from ECE, one from Electrical

Interview Questions

• How will you explain OOP concepts in the most basic way for a new learner to understand it the most easiest way?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was 1 technical, 1 Managerial and 1 hr round. In technical round they will focus on their required technologies and your core competencies. In the Manager round he will also focus on your technologies and also he will assess on the behavioral part. Hr round is quite simple if you get through the technical and managerial. Negotiate well with HR as they always push for less package.

Interview Questions

• How to find missing number in integer array of 1 to 100?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from consultancy and there were two F2F interviews and HR on phonic - quite simple it's based on what you are working on and all are scenario based questions.

Negotiation was straight -ask what you want they will pay you fair enough.

Selection process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was straight -ask what you want they will pay you fair enough.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview will be in theree rounds, 1- Technical, 1 - Managerial Round, 1 - U.S Round.
    If you clear techincal and Mangerial round, US round will be smooth and easy. even though they will scale you on technical concepts but also check your flexibility for new technologies and shift based working.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on Database concepts, if you are attending any of DW-BI roles, need to focus more on Datawarehousing concepts, data modelling too   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

HR from Wells Fargo contacted for F2F interviews. Wherein she said they conduct only F2F interview for the Ist round also and don't go for Telephonic round initially. JD shared over the mail is also incomplete and no much details specified, only during the Interview the concerned interviewer says your profile is over qualified for the role. But why can't they go through the profile thoroughly before arranging F2F.

Interview Questions

• They see the profile suitability only during F2F and not before scheduling the intervies   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

I have attended technical round which i got through and then attended Managerial Round same day.After two days I called HR for updates.she told me you have got through both rounds but requirement did not fit your profile and you are having one month less experience for this position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on core java and some tricky questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview will be on basic technical questions, past project experience and ending up with practical challenges faced so far. There can be some hypothetical questions in which only logical side of the candidate is checked. There are mostly 3 rounds 1)Technical round 2)Technical round with partners 3)Manager and then HR negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest accomplishment you achieved on your current technology?   1 Answer