Wells Fargo Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer explain the concept very nice and clearly. First introduce yourself, then some behavior question and three algorithm questions related to the missing number in an array given the possibility of one word is missing or several words are missing

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a good interview with techical questions and the previous experience. Five people interviewed simultaneously and mostly asking Java questions. They asked about my resume and previous jobs and how I solved any issues I faced before if any.

Interview Questions

• They asked mainly Java fundamentals about Garbage collection, strings, object oriented programming concepts, interfaces. I applied for contract position the interview lasted for one hour.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked questions regarding resumes. Describe working in groups and situations that arose from personal experience involving not able to solve particular problem. Also practise OOPs concepts as well as databases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chandler, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Went directly to a panel interview - no phone screening. Panel interview had 4 software engineers and one manager/tech lead. All questions were very C++ focused rather than general programming.

Interview Questions

• C++ theory - describe polymorphism, inheritance, operator overloading.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

There would be a telephonic interview once the profile is selected. The interview would be for an hour. The next round would be a 1:1 interview and a written test of 2 hours would be conducted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

so so easy java and spring . What is the purpose of garbage collection in Java, and when is it used?

The purpose of garbage collection is to identify and discard objects that are no longer needed by a program so that their resources can be reclaimed and reused. A Java object is subject to garbage collection when it becomes unreachable to the program in which it is used.

2. Describe synchronization in respect to multithreading.

With respect to multithreading, synchronization is the capability to control the access of multiple threads to shared resources. Without synchonization, it is possible for one thread to modify a shared variable while another thread is in the process of using or updating same shared variable. This usually leads to significant errors.

3. Explain different way of using thread?

The thread could be implemented by using runnable interface or by inheriting from the Thread class. The former is more advantageous, 'cause when you are going for multiple inheritance.the only interface can help.