Wells Fargo Strategy Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Strategy Consultant Interview Questions

3.7

Strategy Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied for several positions at Wells Fargo and received applicant summaries pre-screener questionnairs for this and one other position. I completed it and was contacted within 2 weeks to come for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager (also relatively new) who gave me an overview of the position, and asked several case study/scenario questions, asking me to format my answers responding with strategy-action-result.

I answered to the best of my ability; however, the questions were not exactly relevant to my previous professional experience. However, I was unimpressed with the interview for several reasons:
1. I was scheduled for a one hour interview. Upon meeting the hiring manager, she informed me that she was EXTREMELY busy and was going to be cutting the interview short by about 10 minutes to get to her next meeting. Okay...thanks for your time?
2. The interviewer actually CURSED during the interview. Maybe that's okay in a non-professional setting, but during an interview? Really unprofessional.
3. The questions were not at all tailored to my professional experience/background, but rather were completely generic and not applicable to my career experience.
4. When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked about a typical day/workweek, hours, meetings, etc. I was informed that I would be expected to work at LEAST 50-55 hours/week or more. No mention of the importance of work/life balance.

No offer, but definitely not excited about this company, or at least this particular division. I like to be treated with professional courtesy and value an employer who values work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to convince a colleague to change his/her strategy and how you did it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

First thing was an interview screen followed by a case study (live) and then multiple live interviews with team members. Very specific questions that followed a format- you needed to address situation, task, action and then result for how you described a past project or how you built a team.

Interview Questions

• Be aware of the tendency to spring a mini-case study in the middle of a behavioral interview, e.g., so if I wanted to increase cross-selling of product y to constituency X, what would I need to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

There was an informal interview with three people that I would work with on a daily basis.

They asked me questions about the financial markets; asked me about my interest in financial services; asked about my experience with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel.

They also wanted to know about my experience in general; especially related to past research positions that I had. They wanted to know how I work and how I collaborate with others.

Interview Questions

• Do you stay current on the financial services industry and market movements?   2 Answers
    • How do you handle uncooperative or hard to work with cooworkers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations