Wells Fargo Summer Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview
5, 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews (Analysts, VP, Director)

I applied through campus recruiting for the Corporate Banking - Consumer & Retail Group. I had an on-campus interview and heard back in about a week. I then had a second round interview at their office in Philadelphia with 5 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe the 3 financial statements and how they interact.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a commercial banking office. 20 min phone call asking about prior internships and experiences. Make sure to have a few stories on hand. They are mainly looking for fit and didn't seem to care too much about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Without looking at any financial statements, what information would you want/need to decide whether or not to give a loan to a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied January. I think the phone interview happened late February.
    Reached out after the interview and she said I did very well and I should hear within the next two weeks. Didn't hear anything for three weeks so I reached out again but was directed towards someone else, who then also said I had great notes and should wait to hear within another two weeks. Three weeks went by again with no word, so I emailed to check in - no response. Another three weeks with no response - checked in again. Never heard back. Very SLOW process. Terrible communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 3 financial sheets. Other than financial forms, what should you look at before giving a loan. Talk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was composed of both technical and behavioral questions. I had a super day at the office and it was an incredible experience. Each interview turned into a conversation each time.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between the financial statements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty good experience! First interview was completely behavioral and it was over the phone, around 30 minutes long --standard. The second also had a good amount of behavioral but did contain a couple of technical questions. The in-person interview had two people asking questions, and the interviews were quick and to the point. Heavy focus on why Wells Fargo and why this particular line of business

Interview Questions

• Aside from looking at the three financial statements, how would you evaluate whether or not to make a loan to a pizza shop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. Last interview resulted in a superday in their NYC office among 4 of their current employees. The interview was a lot of fit as well as methodically breaking down my resume. Decently generic technical questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how " " from your resume brought you where you are today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I took place in a program in the fall of 2016 through my university that brought many undergraduate students together who were looking to intern at Wells in the summer. They had us do a case study before the program began and we spent the first day going over the program and then did a lightning round of interviews the next day. Each interview was 30 min a piece with the different lines of service they were looking to hire for. I got an offer in middle market banking in Minnesota for the summer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled to come up with an answer.
      How do you deal with conflict in teams.
      What interests you about (insert service line here) specifically.   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through a career fair at school, gave them my resume in person and applied through the career services website. Was contacted to give an on-campus interview a week later. The on-campus interview was fairly relaxed, asked basic behavioral questions, why I was interested in the position, etc. Was invited a week later to come and interview at main offices. This was a "superday". Had breakfast with two employees, then headed to interview with 3 senior managers and the regional director. These were 4 back to back interviews, 50% behavioral, 50% technical. Had lunch at the office, received a phone call within the hour offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What news sources do you use to keep up to date with business affairs?
      Why are you interested in the position?
      What are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through school career website and got my first round interview. There were 2 interviewers interviewed me for 30 mins. They are very nice.
    Questions: 50% behavior and 50% technical, not too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview first to start easy and simple just over basic accounting. Then in-person interview with three different groups for 20 minutes each. In person interview was more personality fit it felt like not many technical questions but some broad industry discussion.