Wells Fargo Teller At Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Teller At Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Riverview, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online April 25th, Got group inteview appt. for April 30th, and was called 3 hours after, and given 1:1 interview on May 3rd. Was called 20 minutes after interview and offered job.

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want To Work For Us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. If you are inexperienced, you are given $10.00/hour. If you have experience, you get between .50 to $1.00 more.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Port Monmouth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Port Monmouth, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied directly on the website and was prompted to take the assessment immediately after. The assessment was pretty basic and simple. They are interested in people with sales and customer service experience so if you have that then definitely highlight that. After the assessment I was prompted to select a phone interview appointment from the days/times they had available. My phone interview took place shortly after and I spoke with the recruiter who asked me basic questions about my resume. It went well and then I was sent to interview with a branch manager and a service manager. About a week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sales goal that you couldn't reach and how.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your drawer was short?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They offered me the highest rate for a Teller based on my experience.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview first with about 20 other people. Only 3 questions were asked, and they were all behavioral. About a month later I got a call back to interview at a local branch. I was introduced to the Branch Manager, but interviewed with the Service Manager. It was easy.

Interview Questions

• You're basically in after you pass the group interview..questions were very simple. 1) Talk about a positive customer service experience 2) Talk about a time when you got a great sale 3) Tell about yourself and why you want to work for Wells Fargo   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oakland, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application online and after doing the online test and passing that I received an email a couple of hours later to set up an interview time the following week. It was a group interview with about 11 people which took two hours. We each had to talk about our work experience and why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo. We then watched a 10min video about Wells Fargo about what it is to be a teller at Wells Fargo. The recruiter was pretty straight forward, letting us know she was looking for the best of the best. If your a job hopper, it's not a good look. If you didn't have customer service skills/cashier then maybe it wouldn't be for you since you do have to try to sale Credit cards, checking/checking accounts if they don't have one. During the interview each person had to play a teller scenario which to me was the hardest part and seem to be hard for everyone else but for one person who worked at Wells Fargo before. She let us know that she would be going off of how we dressed to the interview, how we answered the questions, and did we give eye contact. After everything was said and done she let us know that we would either get a phone call sometime in 2weeks to interview with the manager at the bank you would be working or a rejection email. I'm writing this review now because I don't believe anyone including me got the job lol

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was being put on the spot with the teller scenario. Not having any banking experience I found it difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Plano, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

After submitting all online application details, you need to call a number given to have you're own phone interview. They ask a lot of scenario questions, how to deal with a difficult situation? How did you go above and beyond your job duties? If you successfully pass this phone screening then you will be contacted by a recruiter via email to attend a Group Interview. At the group interview there are about 20-25 candidates, and the questions are asked to all and then everyone answers upon your turn. Usually currently hiring managers are the ones asking the questions. If any of the managers have an interest for you they can interview you on the spot, or set a second interview with you at the bank branch. At the branch interview you have the interview with the Store Manager and Service Manager. Again many situational questions.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The hiring process is very long. I had a online screening passed it and within a week received an invitation to a group interview. I did well enough to get a interview at a Wells Fargo near me a few weeks later. I did well with this interview as well however it took them months to respond to me as to whether they decided to hire me or not. They told me two weeks.
    I also have constantly asked my recruiter for updates and she could provide no such information. I did everything right follow up emails, eye contact, looked presentable and my resume was tailored made for this position.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Interview

The group interview was poor. It makes many people feel on edge. You can tell who has experience and who doesn't, yet it only matters if you know someone to get hired.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

During the interview they will ask you questions and you have to answer it in this format STAR(Situation Task you took and the end Result). They asked several questions during the group interview such as What was one of your greatest accomplishments and explained the steps you took to succeed.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was name me a time when you had a difficult customer   3 Answers

Negotiation

The pay rate could not be negotiated

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

Interview

I applied within that week I got an email to fill out a questionnaire they sent me an email with a group interview time which was about an hour away from where I lived. When I got there there was only one other person there and right after me 3 others showed up. The interview was at one and we were all there early. When we went inside we were asked to sit and write our names on a board. After that she talked to us about what to expect during the 3 hours we were going to be there. Btw guys it was only one person interviewing the 5 of us. I felt pretty comfortable and was ready to start. They ask you to fill out an availability form and when you'll be able to start. After that it consist of 3 questions which are pretty easy. You want to make sure you go either 1st 2nd or 3rd. If you guys have questions I have answers. After we were done she told us that if we were going to be considered for a job she would give us a call next Wednesday and if not we would receive an email. I left pretty confident I locked that job in. The very next morning I got a call from her asking if I was interested in a certain location I of course said yes. So now I'm waiting to be offered a job and I have to go see them in a couple of days. If you ask me I'd say I'm going to get an offer. I'll keep you guys updated and if you have any questions go ahead and ask away!

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Norristown, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got email to call for phone interview once I passed that process they gave me a interview date for a group interview, during the group interview I was lucky enough to have a branch manager attended and picked myself and two other candidates to stay behind and interview with him one on one. Was offered the position via phone a few hours later

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? What would you do if things where slow in the branch and accounts where needed?   Answer Question