Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,145 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Interview

pretty basic, all the standard questions. they did not seem like they were present, very distracted by interruptions from other employees, said they were short staffed and that is why they needed to hire someone

Teller Interview

Interview

Everything went very well, but I think I didn't do well talking about my experience . My advise to ride more about other people experience, and how they did in their interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Received email to schedule a phone interview
    After phone interview (20mins) was told to wait 3-5 days if interested , they would call to set up interview at branch. Went to interview at the branch office and was told to wait 1 week for a call. Currently waiting

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was great.. only four candidates including me. People at the office were so nice. They give us a little introduction of the bank. Then they ask only four basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in East Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (East Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter. Once you have completed this interview, you will get a call back from the recruiter whether you got the job or not letting you know. Then the recruiter sets up a in person interview with the branch and service managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about various experience from resume and from things they are looking for.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Had 3 Interviews - group interview, branch manager interview, district manager interview. Group interview was very basic - looking for customer service experience and decent personality. Branch manager interview was ok - asks basic interview questions. District manager interview felt more like a pay/location placement negotiation.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

A management and a senior platform employee sat down with me and read the script of required questions. Prior research on the hiring process was useful in preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had an unhappy customer, what did you do to find a good outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Morgantown, WV) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was extensive and the questions were unnecessary in most cases. Had to wait 2 weeks to get an interview. Very disappointed when I received an email rather than a phone call about not getting hired.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your previous/present work experience that you've used integrity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for a teller position they had at 2039 Broadway. I instantly received an email. I was scheduled for a group interview in a week. After the group interview I received a call from the recruiter for a one to one interview with the service and branch manager. The whole process was disappointing. I spent time just to receive an email at the end that I was not selected. I had job experience and I thought the interview went fine. Unfortunately, they were not considerate enough to give a reasonable explanation to why I was not selected for a part time teller position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question