Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wells Fargo

1,277 Interview Reviews

2.6

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online for wells fargo bank as a Teller. They emailed me, Thanking me for applying for the position, and if I am still interested I could give them a call. So I called to their recruitment center. And a lady picked up the phone. She asked me like 3 questions: If I have any sales experience,
If I ever operated a register before,tell me a situation at a previouse job how did you deal with angry client. and some general questions about the my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation at your previous job where you had to deal with an angry client, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
  • How do you see your self in five years from now?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Just don't get nervoues try to remember quickly your situations from your previous jobs..try to answer any way..even if you think oh its silly to say this, but its better to answer anything then to say...oh i don't know.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Signal Hill, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The first interview consisted on a phone interview and once you completed that interview and they felt you were acceptable they would scheduled you for a group interview that would take up to 2 hours. Once arriving 15 mins before the interview they have you fill out and a several sheets to provide references and cosent a background check. Then the interview starts off by introducing yourself to the other people and telling them a little about whats mainly your background experience. After that the interviewer they will ask all of group the same question and if needed, would ask you another question depending on your response. After the several questions, they ask you when is your availability and explain to you if you got an email or a call from them you would go to the next step of the interview but if you dont that means you're not a candidate they will consider and you can apply again in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenging experience you remember having with a customer?   Answer Question
    • What do yo see yourself in two to three years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Oakland, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

When you apply the first thing they will do is call you for a phone interview. This is basically just to set up the group interview. At the group interview you fill out some paperwork. There are around 10 candidates in the group, and the interviewer will ask eveybody the same question, would ask more question depends on your respond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Mateo, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Group interview, 10 people. they focus on customer service.

At first one by one, we got up and introduced ourselves and why we would like to work for wells fargo.
    then we had to make a speech once again one by one to tell the interviewer your proudest work accomplishment. then we split up in to groups and pitched how we were to make the branch bring in money. I really thought i was one of better speakers out there, however i did not get any response from them. I am also a bit bitter because the person that was interviewing seemed to favor good looking girls than any other people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at wells fargo?   1 Answer
    • your most proud accomplishment in work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Burbank, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I filled a online application, then i did the web screening. after that i called for the phone interview which consisted of some basic questions. They called me to set a group interview. Went to the interview and i was asked some questions regarding customer service and sales. Managers were there taking notes. they said they would call me but they never did.

Interview Questions

• Sales goals acheived, and how would you set your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Ogden, UT) in December 2008.

Interview

I called and asked for an interview, I guess that gave me brownie points. They called me for an interview a few days later. I went in for only 1 interview a few days after they called me. My interview took 20 minutes. I got a call from them about a week later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I pretty much accepted what they offered me because it is the best offered I've ever got.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

You apply online, You get a phone number to call for an appointment. Then some questions are asked over the phone. You get a specific date to go in for a group interview, then from there on you may get a call within four days and then you get the JOB!

Negotiation

pay rate! but you must have the knowledge to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Westminster, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a link to take the assessment test which basically just asked questions about my previous sales experience.

I then received an email to call a 1800 number and that was for a short phone screening which lasted about 5 min. They asked simple questions about previous employments and if we ever had to sell anything before. They also asked about a difficult time at work and how you resolved it.

They then scheduled me for a group interview which I am going to tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview took a long time- compared to other interviews. I was first interviewed by the branch manager, then by two lower ranking employees. They both sat down with a list of questions and proceeded to ask questions from it. They each took notes on what they deemed was a key point in the answer I gave them. It seemed really positive and the female interviewer told me she would call me to let me know of the outcome. I never heard from them again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

1. Created my resume and made my application searchable on Wells Fargo career website. Then Submitted my application to a few branches that were hiring online.

2. I immediately received an email telling me to call a 1-800 # by 5PM the following night. I put it aside to call the next day but forgot. However, THEY called ME about a week later. Completed the phone interview:
    - How long were you employed at your previous job?
    - Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service?
    - Have you ever received recognition and/ pr awards for a job you did?
    That's it! after those three questions she asked if I would be available for a group interview on so-so day...By the way, it seems these phone interviewers are very busy and since they a not directly linked to the branch your working at, they don't seem to want to hear long stories. Keep the answers at about a minute, and straight to the point.

3. Went to group interview. As soon as we walked in, they have you fill out another application as well as consent to drug test and get a background check IF hired. Answered about 4 or 5 questions.
    - Describe a time when you set sales goals and how did you reach those goals?
    - What is a goal you have set for yourself as a worker?
    - Briefly introduce yourself (name) and state the places you have worked starting with your first job.
    - why do you want to work for wells fargo?
     Did not do any role playing at my group interview, but we did watch a short video about the branch.
    After the interview, I stayed behind as the last one to say goodbye to the interviewer, but asked him a few questions about the application and he said if we passed the group interview then we WOULD NOT get the email that said "Sorry, we have chosen other people who fit our needs, blah blah blah..."

5. I never got the rejection email, however I also never got a call back from any of the branches I applied to, until one day I went into the bank and when i told the teller i had applied there, he said I should call the manager. But he took my number and said he would give it to his manager... nothing after that... but after a month and a half I finally got a call to interview with a manager!! :D
    Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• - How long were you employed at your previous job?
      - Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service?
      - Have you ever received recognition and/ pr awards for a job you did?   Answer Question
    • - Describe a time when you set sales goals and how did you reach those goals?
      - What is a goal you have set for yourself as a worker?
      - why do you want to work for wells fargo?   Answer Question