Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,183 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,183 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Online application, phone interview, group interview, one-on-one interview, background check (that was at a location 30min outside of the large town that I was applying in), start date 2 weeks out.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to withdraw 200,000 dollars out of an account, what would you do?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Missoula, MT).

Interview

Showed up and was asked about my education and answered a few questions wit the district manager and was called an hour or so later and was offered the job

Teller Interview

Interview

I went to a group interview and then had an interview with two managers and got a call back about a week later! The whole process took about 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview, Group Interview, One on one interview. Easy process and quick as long as you have a location that is hiring. Then depending on the manager of the branch to take you in or not. if not you can apply at a different location without having to do the group interview again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer ? And how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Group interview with other candidates, Phone,3 managers interview back to back, and one with the store manager for the branch you are applying for. Overall intimidating but at the time I could think on my feet and was up for the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • conflict or coaching at work and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online. I had a phone interview and a few days later I was called in for an interview with the banking managers. The interview was simple, about 30 minutes. The questions were your normal "Tell us about yourself" and "Name a time when..." type of things.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Wichita, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

After an application is submitted the applicant must fill out a panel/ quiz. Then there will be a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The company heavily emphasizes customer service and that there is not a set number of sales goals that employees need to meet. I imagine this is due to the scandal involving the mass quantities of fake accounts created by desperate employees due to too strict of sales goals in the past. Overall it seems like they improved their culture and policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you determined a product specific to a customer's needs.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2017.

Interview

First, you fill out the online application and take an assessment. Then you will receive an email to set up a phone interview. You can then select the date and time. The phone interview was around 20 minutes.

Application

Interview

First, you get a group interview (8-12 people). If the recruiter thinks you are suitable, she will dispatch you to one of the branch for a one on one interview with a recruiting manager and a branch manager. The key is to be honest and trustworthy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone beyond your job expectations? How? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question