Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,120 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,120 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
  • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   4 Answers
  • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
  • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
  • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
A part time of 24 hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. The following day i received a call offering a second interview with manager. Manager interview took about 15 minutes. I was offered to attend the next training which was 2 weeks from the manager's interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to do something to resolve an issue? What did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Pretty much got the job if you were referred from another employee. Quick interview questions. Entry level positions such as tellers just need to be able to read and write and have some personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sales experience.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

First interview was a group interview with about 8 other candidates and a recruiter. Out of the 9 candidates about 2 will be chosen for an individual interview. If you do pass the individual interview then a background check follows up.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Give us your name and any work experience   Answer Question
    • Have you ever have to deal with different programs in a computer at the same time?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you helped a customer to meet their needs   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still waiting on the result. It usually takes 3 to 5 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dublin, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, then I was sent an email link for an online screening. I truthfully answered the questions for the screening in a manner that would be what a teller should answer, but they immediately sent an email telling me no and I cant reapply for six months. Also, the online application system is garbage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Folsom, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took a basic screening test after submitting my application. Within a week of that I was able to sign up for a phone interview. A day after the phone interview I received a call for a 1:1 interview. A week later received an e-mail stating they had hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to set a difficult goal for yourself. How did you meet that goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out app online. Received an email to take the assessment, I passed & was asked to pick a date for interview. Arrived 15 minutes early as stated, we were told to bring two resumes in. This was a lie because they have not updated their system yet so I only needed one. This was a group interview with twelve applicants. We first filled out paper work and then We had to introduce ourselves & give a little background on ourselves. Next came 4 questions & she took notes as we were typing. After questions she gave us info on the position & benefits. 3-5 business days on if we can passed the first interview. I was told the interview would take two hours, only took one hour. I did sense nepotism when HR was asking questions which annoyed me & I would definitely recommend this job to ppl who don't have real goals in their life. Good luck if you want to become a higher rank with in the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. How often do you use a computer & how many applications or programs have you used at once? 2. How long have you done customer service & how often do you receive a challenging customer?
      3. How long have you been handing cash? What is the largest amount and average amount?
      4. How long have you been selling goods and services to customers and how did you achieve this?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Mesa, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email about 24-48 hrs. Then scheduled a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Phone I terrier was approx 30 mins. Was called back a week later to have a face to face interview. Face to face interview was with 2 managers on the panel. Questions were behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you held yourself accountable   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online 11/22/2016, was sent a screening to complete the same day. Heard nothing back until 12/01/2016 when I was sent a link to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview 12/06/2016 and 24 hours after that got an email that I was not selected for the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at wells fargo?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to become a teller?   Answer Question
    • When's a time you had a difficult customer? How did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied one day b/c I saw an opening. Was contacted a month later by a WF recruiter to set up a group interview with 11 others. Two were chosen from the group interview for second interviews with branch management. A couple of behavioral questions. I didn't complete the entire interview. Management easily saw my potential and wanted me apart of their team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience and how you overcame that obstacle.   1 Answer