Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,122 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a good interview overall the interviewer was very nice and calm she asked a lot of questions but i was able to answer them all. my advice to you guys is to prepare very well for the interview before taking it read throw websites about the position interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Teller Interview

Interview

Applied for Wells Fargo in multiple locations in the area. They were a couple of years apart. Each time went further and further of each interview stage but was never officially hired for either location. Each time I did make it to the group interview but when it came down to the one-on-one interview wasn't accepted. Only had one official one on one.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I first got an email saying I was chosen a group interview but before I had to do a test before. Then they emailed me a link with the test, which consisted of math. For the interview a group was together and we all got asked questions. Then groups were separated to ask more question. Then there we were told if we were getting hired preference in location and what times could work for us.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a difficult customer and how did you handle him?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I thought it was a good salary so I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Crowley, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Crowley, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Well, I had 2 different interviews with wells Fargo. The first one I had to go to an group interview they ask STAR questions it was like 10 ppl in that class if u do good the recruiter then set u up with the branches u applied for. Unfortunately for me I passed the group process to a branch but wasn't chosen for employment. So I waited 6 months and tired again. This time I had to do an over the phone interview she moved me on for an f2f that was Nov2016 but I didn't go to the interview till Dec 2016 they ask 8 questions. They told me they get back within a week. It took a week and a half and offered me a position. Now doing background work. Just never give up if u get denied keep trying they are always looking for good ppl.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

So I applied online for a Teller position which was an online application followed by an online assessment. After the completion of the assessment I was asked to pick a date for the group interview, which is the 1st interview out of the two. The interview was in Van Nuys and we were about 7 people. It was about 2 hours long and it was not that difficult. I think as long as you answer the questions with confidence and a smile, you should good. After the group interview, I got an email he next morning letting me know that I passed the 1st interview and that a recruiter will be contacting me soon to set up a face-to-face interview with the managers, this would be the 2nd interview (Panel Interview). The panel interview was not as easy as the group one but the managers make you feel very comfortable so that really helped me answer all the questions confidently. That interview was about 30 mins long and the questions were based more on my past customer service experience. The next day I called my recruiter to follow-up and he told that they liked me and they are going to offer me the position. Few days later he called me and asked me to go online and apply for the opening that they had posted (he provided me the job number). Up until now I haven't heard anything back but he did tell me it would take a few days to process so my next is to wait for him to email me all the hiring process.

Just go in there with confidence, make sure you smile and make eye contact. Dress professional and make sure you arrive at least 15 mins before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wells Fargo and Why do you want to become a Teller ?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with an angry customer and what was the outcome ? (Give specific example if you have customer service experience)   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a customer issue that wasn't the company's fault ?   Answer Question
    • What role would to take on when it comes to projects ?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you learning new systems ? Give an example where you had to learn something new, professionally.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I applied online. The total process took about 3 weeks.
    First, I took an online assessment. Based on my answers I qualified to sign up for a group interview. There were about 12 candidates at the first interview from all over the metro area. After the group interview you move on to an interview at the specific branch at which you applied. The interview was a behavioral interview. They are looking to see how coachable you are.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not meeting your referral goals?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a goal you set for yourself and how you achieved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three parts: 1. Designating if you are eligible- basic questions to gauge your level of safety/ability to perform task at hand
    2. Group interview- series of sales-oriented questions answered in group setting to decipher confidence and skill background in sales environment
    3. Bank interview- Preferred location bank interview that tells you about what you must do, makes sure you can work in specific area well

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever worked in an environment where a sales goal had to be met? How did you acheive the goal and/or exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The lady had a list of 8-9 questions on her hand and asked you one by one. Some are easy, but some are little tricky. what they looking for is your positive attitude, your are coachable, and have a serving heart for customers. I know some people want to earn more money, but you need to show you can make big contribution to their business and present a serving, loving heart for people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of great customer service you provided from your past experience.
      Did you take advice from your former boss?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Newport Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took about 5 weeks before getting all the way to the second interview. It starts off with an online prereq assessment and then goes on to scheduling a group interview. After the group interview, they get back to you for a second interview (roughly 3-5 days after first one). Second interview takes about 30 minutes long and is focused on behavioral questions in certain customer service questions. Still waiting on a call back, but the second interview was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you were faced with an unhappy customer, how did you tailor their experience and work around the problem in your most recent position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Rocklin, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone call from a recruiter, set up to your convenience (needs to be an open slot for phone interview that's posted after submitting application). Second interview is with branch manager and/or branch manager. Final interview is with district manager to go over role details and what is expected to make sure it's a good fit

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you were honest and told the truth, even though you knew you didn't have to   Answer Question