Wells Fargo Teller Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dublin, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, then I was sent an email link for an online screening. I truthfully answered the questions for the screening in a manner that would be what a teller should answer, but they immediately sent an email telling me no and I cant reapply for six months. Also, the online application system is garbage.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three parts: 1. Designating if you are eligible- basic questions to gauge your level of safety/ability to perform task at hand
    2. Group interview- series of sales-oriented questions answered in group setting to decipher confidence and skill background in sales environment
    3. Bank interview- Preferred location bank interview that tells you about what you must do, makes sure you can work in specific area well

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever worked in an environment where a sales goal had to be met? How did you acheive the goal and/or exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vacaville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They interview process is just like the way everyone describes it group interview in my group interview it was six I always try to be The 1st to 3rd person to answer because I wanted to stand out but I did that anyway because I was the only one with banking experience which I was so happy for it was a plus in my benefit The recruiter that did the group interview made me feel very comfortable very at ease he explained the job description duties expectations and requirements of the job before he started on the interview because he wanted to make sure everybody understood what they were getting their self into after that he proceeded with the interview questions they're all the same question everybody's been posting I looked on Glassdoor the day before my interview which really helped me it's a customer service based job so if you're friendly and outgoing show that anyway my Group interview was Wednesday he said will hear back in two ways either email saying that we picked somebody else or phone call saying you move on to your second interview he said we should hear back Friday by the latest I was just so anxious but I finally got my call today actually earlier this morning he said I moved on and he was advancing my application he told me I can continue as a teller but he had a better job for me he said since I had so much experience that I should be a customer service rep and gave me the job ID number and then another over the phone interview for that process an hour later the branch manager called me and I have my second interview on Monday I'm really excited

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wells Fargo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They call you for a phone interview, and it may be followed by an in-person interview in the branch. It helps to write some notes for yourself before the call comes in. Both people who interviewed me seemed pretty young. The phone interviewer seemed more nervous than I was. I recommend trying very hard to keep on topic and try to answer their specific question while also smiling and being friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped to retain a customer that might have left the company. Describe a time when you were recognized for an achievement. Describe circumstances where you reached or exceeded a measurable sales goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

First you have a phone screen, then you get sent to a group interview. After that is when they send you to branches that would be in or near your preferred area to meet with the managers. Once you get selected from a branch you go back to the group for orientation. Process can be very smooth but it depends on the recruiter, i personally had to follow up with my recruiter due to the fact he was sending me to branches way out of my area specified.

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were situational, like tell me a time when you had an issue with another employee and how did you resolve that. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dublin, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with recruiter,all generic questions like why wells Fargo, how would you handle an angry customer and the likes.after a week was scheduled for an interview at the branch with branch manager and operations head and after about 4weeks got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position using their corporate website; then I got an e-mail asking to complete my online screening within next 48 hours. Then I got an email asking to choose the date and time of the telephone interview. The interviewer called exactly on time, was friendly, and asked some basic simple questions. It took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to attend two weeks of full-time required training? Tell me about your background. Do you have cash handling experience? Do you have customer service experience? Tell me about the most challenging interaction with customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview shortly after. Only made it to the phone interview but it's your typical customer service interviewing questions. For me the interview didn't last long and the person interviewing me didn't seem interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a unsatisfied customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online and as soon as I completed the application I was invited to complete an online assessment. Once I passed the assessment I was able to schedule a group interview. Attended the interview, the Interviewer said she would contact us regarding whether or not we would be receiving the position. She said we'd be hearing back either way. And then i never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for the teller position. I received a screening phone call a few days later and an email invitation to an in-person interview.
    During the interview, the interviewer, asked if I'd be interested in a CSSR position and scheduled another appointment.
    At that interview, the interviewer asked if I'd be interested in a PB1 position and scheduled the third interview. The last interview was a series of interviews with two branch managers and the district manager.