Wells Fargo Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was brief. The managers seemed to already know if they were going to take a chance on you based on your resume. The interview was a matter of formality and them getting a feel of your personality to see if was a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• They used the SWAT interview technique.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Telephone, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Several interviews. Clear cut questions. Friendly. lots of scenario questions. Nerve wracking. I brushed up on standard interview questions and it didn't help. They came up with out if the box questions and they required you to really think it through.

Interview Questions

• Where Do I see myself on 5 years   1 Answer

Underwriting Interview

Interview

very pleasant, it was held in a hotel and the interviewers were hiring on the spot. there you negotiated your salary and then given your start date. no testing at that time was given.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

phone interview and face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations allowed

Underwriter Interview

Interview

Asked behavioral question pertaining to job position aand asked why i'd be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you and someone disagreed on something and did you go about coming to a compromise   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Asked good underwriting questions about self employment

Interview Questions

• What error was made on a loan completed and was it rectified   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I was under a contract so therefore everything was pretty much taken care of for me from my job agency. The building was very misleading though because it is next to an actual bank. The call center isn't like anyone that I have seen before. But everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• None, it was pretty straight forward. Typical personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one because we were under contract.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was easy, basically they hired everyone from Wall Mart through best Buy. Not joking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, basically if you wanna work as a slave for 40K, you are hired!

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tempe, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Very industry standard interview questions primarily regarding team work, experience, knowledge of DU/LP, etc... How you manage stress, difficult files and/or people. There was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know exact documents required for self employed borrowers; sole prop, s-corp and partnership. Also how rental income is calculated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very simple they offered a very competitive salary and great sign on bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Interviews are the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, what would you do in this situation, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Generally do not start in mid range.