Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tacoma, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 5 managers and room of applicants. After the group interview I had a one on one interview with the potential manager I was working with. After he was satisfied with our interview I had another interview with the same manager, the other final applicants ans the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Round Robin style, going around asking everyone different questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wage by about a dollar an hour

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tukwila, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

1st interview was a group interview with 20 other applicants and 4 hiring mangers and 1 human resource person. Second interview with branch manager and a second manager both asking sales abilities questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your highest level of education? Are there any other languages that you speak? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered an amount and I accepted

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

3 -4 interviews, use the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action, Result. There was an initial phone interview where you are asked to describe how you would handle various situations, then an aptitude test math and personality. No calculator on the math. Then an in person 1:1 followed by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person.

Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo.

First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day.

Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time).

She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think".

After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two.

I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.).

Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Underwriter III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had three interviews - the first was a screening conversation conducted over the phone, and then two in-person interview with a hiring manager and a department manager

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning my knowledge of an industry that I was only mildly familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is.

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

received an interview after applying through a college career center. met a strategist on campus. waiting to hear back concerning the next round of interviews. the job dealt with analysis and research of borrowers.

Interview Questions

• technical questions dealing to a credit worthiness of a company   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Mount Vernon, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, I was chosen for an interview and was sent an email asking me to attend an interview at the local branch. It was quite odd. You walk into a room and sit at a table with 8 other people all interviewing at the same time. She would ask a question and then each person would have to answer the questions, Very awkward and intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you made a outstanding sale and please give us as much detail as possible. Here 8 others sit there staring at you listening to your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Went and was interviewed by the manager and service manager. Then I was interviewed by the district manager. It was pretty generic. Nothing memorable.

Interview Questions

• why did you only work for your previous employer for 3 months.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, they simply told me my salary.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bothell, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

This was a one on one interview with the branch manager for almost an hour at the branch location. They ask you a lot of questions to make sure you are personable and can sell. One of the stand out questions was "sell me this phone". Very Wolf of Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• They handed me a random object and asked me to sell it to them (very Wolf of Wall Street).   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Everett, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

My scheduled phone interview was a 20 minute time block. The interviewer was late to call and rushed through talking to me. So instead of a 20 minute time slot to talk about my work history and skill set, I got 5 minutes. I felt rushed to say the least. I found it very unprofessional that the interviewer used a speaker phone to talk to me. Everything she said echoed and often cut out. I felt rushed, not the ideal phone interview at all.

Interview Questions

• How many years of Customer Service do you have?   1 Answer